Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players

Dec 29, 2019, 1:52 AM

Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players

Ohio St. head coach Ryan Day trudged into the postgame interview room and let everyone know he was disappointed. Disappointed in the loss. Disappointed in the officials. Disappointed for his players. (Photo: Matthew Emmons / USATODAY) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

suck it up buttercup!***

Dec 29, 2019, 2:14 AM

Re: TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players

Dec 29, 2019, 2:19 AM

Ryan Day came across as smug before this interview. He isnt in Dabos class.

Not even close. He inherited a team built by Meyer. This

Dec 29, 2019, 8:55 AM

isn't "his" team. This is the last time we have to deal with Bucknuts for a while. This litthle biatch is in over his head.

Re: TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players

Dec 29, 2019, 2:25 AM

Shutup Jason ghey

Dec 29, 2019, 2:25 AM

*ryan

Dec 29, 2019, 8:38 AM

I'm going to put this towards the top of the list.

Of course he's disappointed. Who wouldn't be? I think they made the right calls, but those three were all very close calls. I'm also a Clemson fan, and there are a lot of Ohio State fans that will see it differently.

Keep that in mind before bashing Ryan Day too hard. That guy just had a dream die right before his eyes.

Hat's off to a VERY good Ohio State team. They looked like the better team on both lines most of the game. We made just enough plays at the right time to win that game. Clemson showed a lot of heart in that win.

Go Tigers! I hope that heart we showed, and the talent we have, comes out again against a very good LSU team in a couple of weeks.

"they looked like the better team on both sides of the lines

Jan 2, 2020, 11:33 AM

????

A "team" last I checked includes everything - lines, backs, skill players, special teams, and on it goes.

A game is also played out over four quarters, not just the first quarter and a half.

Dec 29, 2019, 2:26 AM

Get over it Hilary............ oops my bad get over it Ryan Day

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 29, 2019, 2:32 AM

“But it’s not fair... I really wanted to win and we tried weally, weally hard.” He’s going to sob into his wife’s sweater after this.

Day = Classless Little Scrub Beeatch Eff Him***

Dec 29, 2019, 2:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 5:23 AM

Oh, cut him some slack guys. That was a heartbreaker. They had a ton of huge calls go against them and he didn't see them four times from every angle, he saw them once on whatever hot take was on the jumbotron. The fumble that wasn't still has me scratching my head how that qualified as indisputable video evidence for us.

He didn't want to get fined and they did just about everything they needed to do to beat us. It's understandable that he's a little sore around the two hole afterwards. It was a rough night.

I trust Dabo though and Dabo clearly likes him based on the pregame talk they had. He's clearly has a great staff because they outcoached our guys for most of the first half. They'll be back but judge him by him by what he says tomorrow after the national championship hasn't JUST slipped through his fingers.

Dec 29, 2019, 8:04 AM

GotGRR said:

Oh, cut him some slack guys. That was a heartbreaker. They had a ton of huge calls go against them and he didn't see them four times from every angle, he saw them once on whatever hot take was on the jumbotron. The fumble that wasn't still has me scratching my head how that qualified as indisputable video evidence for us.

The fumble was overturned because of the sole reason of trying to tuck the ball. A lot of times Tee and Justyn will hand catch a ball and leave their arms extended with the ball away from their body on contested sideline catches. Justyn did that later in the game for reference. But on this catch the ball was caught away from the body then Justyn made a move to pull the ball to his body and tuck it. During the process of tucking is when Okudah jarred it out. Since it happened during the tuck process it was still in thy e process of making the catch. Had Justyn left his arms extended without the tuck it would have been accurately called a fumble. But since he made the tuck effort and it got knocked out it extended the act of making the catch. Justyn was like 98% through the catch when it came out, but lucky for us 98% is not 100% and it got overturned.

That’s my take on the play but I needed the super slow motion of the review to be able to see that. Live full speed it was way too fast. But that’s also why the refs are supposed to let it play out first and let review fix plays like that.

Well, I still don't understand the

Dec 29, 2019, 10:12 AM

overturn. Looks like Ross made 2-3 steps before he lost it. I see your reasoning, but if he keeps his arms extended a whole play, rubs 50+ yards, scores a TD, and drops the ball in the end zone, it would not be ruled incomplete.
Tigernet would be in complete melt down if that happened with us on defense. But hey, they're SEC officials, so they must be infallible, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Re: Well, I still don't understand the

Dec 29, 2019, 12:21 PM

He pulled the arms within a couple steps as trying to keep his balance so it did take a little longer to complete.
As soon as I saw the replay I said that it’s it’s a well called game it should be overturned. If it’s the standard SEC crap it would stand. I was surprised the SEC refs overturned it.

Like the one announcer said - you can slow the replay down

Dec 29, 2019, 1:00 PM

enough to make it look like he had control . But when it happened in real time ( without the replay) I went ballistic because I didn't think it could be called a catch. My wife disagreed with me just like the two announcers had different opinions as well as the 2 coaches and fan bases and on and on..... And for him to complain about Dobbuns "almost catch" - I hope he does take a long look at the replay because it hit the ground.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players ]

I didn't think it could've even been ruled a fumble. The instant Ross touched the ball it looked like he was being tackled and pushed backwards. If he had possession long enough to be a fumble then his forward progress had been stopped so he'd be down where he caught it.

Jan 2, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players ]

I didn't think it could've even been ruled a fumble. The instant Ross touched the ball it looked like he was being tackled and pushed backwards. If he had possession long enough to be a fumble then his forward progress had been stopped so he'd be down where he caught it.

Dec 29, 2019, 7:24 AM

If you don’t want to be pulled over for speeding, don’t drive 20 mph over the speed limit. If you don’t want to get a ticket for running a red light, don’t run red lights.

If you don’t want to get called targeting, teach your blitzing DB’s and linebackers to wrap up the QB for a guaranteed tackle and sack. If your players launch themselves full speed with their head down intent on making helmet to helmet contact to “lay the wood” and hurt an opposing player, they will get called for targeting every time. Your team will be penalized 15 yards and your player will be ejected. I believe the memo on this subject went out several years ago.

Don’t whine about whether the officials rule against you on a “catch or no catch”. They looked at it for five minutes from every angle and told you it was not a catch. Move on to the next play.

Why not talk about not being able to score touchdowns in the red zone. Especially when you have all the momentum. Why not talk about finishing the game on the bad end of a 29 to 7 run. Why not talk about your disappointment in your defense not being able to make a stop at the end of the game with Clemson penned at their own 6 yard line.

THIS 100%

Dec 29, 2019, 10:24 AM

Control what you can control. Let this serve as a lesson for Ohio St. although I doubt they will learn from it. They will continue to complain about refs instead of looking in the mirror and asking why didn't we score TDs instead of FGs.

Dec 29, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ohio St. head coach disappointed in calls, in the loss and for his players ]

How about the stupid roughing the punter. That changed the game.

Says, “we’re not crying about it”

Dec 29, 2019, 7:30 AM

Then proceeds to cry about it. I’m pretty sure that two interceptions had something to do with the loss. When you turn the ball over two times it’s kind of hard to win the game. Which, is why Ohio State had better game stats but a lower score.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Was up 16-0. Cry me a river.***

Dec 29, 2019, 7:52 AM

Dec 29, 2019, 7:58 AM

Dabo’s class shines here.... I’m so thankful for him. The heart of the Tiger beats like a champion.

29-0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

When the rules expert and the broadcasters

Dec 29, 2019, 7:58 AM

All agree on a call, along with the refs, you’re probably the one that’s wrong.

Well, Bizzaro Matt Kuchar, now you know how we felt....

Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 AM

For the blown pass interference calls.

Holding every dang play.

Targeting right before that your targeting play.

Offsides on your Dline presnap.

Excessive force while Twisting our QBs neck while tackling him.

Just move on. The calls went both ways.

Go Tigers.

I could not have said it better!!! Every one of your points is dead on

Dec 29, 2019, 9:30 AM

Hey Ohio State, score TDs instead of FGs and you win. You didn’t and we did. To quote Hudson...Game over man!

Tigers Win!!!

Re: Well, Bizzaro Matt Kuchar, now you know how we felt....

Dec 29, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Well, Bizzaro Matt Kuchar, now you know how we felt.... ]

I don't "talk" too much on here, but I have to say that I thought the Ohio State players were out to damage our guys as much as they could, especially Trevor. I thought they played dirty. But that's just me.....

Ahhhhhhhhh Shut-aaaaaap! What about the DOZENS of no

Dec 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

calls that the Bucknuts got away with? They held on every play and had handfuls of oyr receivers' jerseys on every route. Chase Young should have been ejected as well for trying to twist TL's head off.

You LOST......now be a man for Christ's sake.

Dec 29, 2019, 9:17 AM

I think once he sees the film he will realize why the calls went our way.

The Dobbins play shows that the ball popped out when he hit the ground though he did seem to have control while crossing the goal line.

On the targeting call, this one is clear, I am only surprised the on field ref’s missed it. Should have been a call for Young trying to rip TL’s head off while he was going down.

The only one that surprised me was the catch / fumble / score play. I was watching on TV and was sure it was a fumble. I was actually shocked when the broadcast team’s retired ref said he thought it would be ruled an incomplete pass.

All were reviewed and ruled by the experts to go in our favor, but I can see him questioning the calls. He should not have brought it up In this interview and will probably be sorry that he did after reviewing the film. Both teams put their heart and soul into this game and I am sure he was just voicing frustration but it was not a good time or place to bring this up.

I sometimes get a little bored with us winning by 30 to 40 every week but these close ones are rough on the nerves.,

Go Tigers (the CU ones) lets bring 3 of 4 home to Clemson!

Dec 29, 2019, 9:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hey Bucknuts !!!!! 2002 Miami says Hi! ??

Dec 29, 2019, 10:36 AM

Nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 10:41 AM

Sour grapes. Get over it. You’re team was weighted, it was measured, and it came up wanting.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 29, 2019, 11:46 AM

PLAYER WITH MOST HEART IN MY OPINION WAS JK Dobbins.

Clemson won but Ohio State was very physical on defense.

Ohio State cannot use " Who Clemson played as an excuse"

Dec 29, 2019, 1:06 PM

Where was Chase Young?

Nov 26, 2023, 7:05 PM

Crying and complaining is a bad look.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:32 AM

I don't blame him for being disappointed. Correct or not, it's frustrating to see so many big calls not go your way. OSU played their hearts out. Yes, they were physical and aggressive, but this is football. It's a violent game, and the more physical team typically wins.
Luckily, we've got this kid Trevor Lawrence. That was a tough, gutsy showing from him. He's already shown his talent, but he willed our team to victory. He just refuses to lose. Impressive. He keeps playing like that and he just might make a name for himself.
Bottom line: the final whistle was blown and we had more points. Congratulate and praise your team for a great season and move on with dignity.

Dec 30, 2019, 12:32 AM

I don't blame him for being disappointed. Correct or not, it's frustrating to see so many big calls not go your way. OSU played their hearts out. Yes, they were physical and aggressive, but this is football. It's a violent game, and the more physical team typically wins.
Luckily, we've got this kid Trevor Lawrence. That was a tough, gutsy showing from him. He's already shown his talent, but he willed our team to victory. He just refuses to lose. Impressive. He keeps playing like that and he just might make a name for himself.
Bottom line: the final whistle was blown and we had more points. Congratulate and praise your team for a great season and move on with dignity.

Unsurpassed Whining

Dec 30, 2019, 1:09 PM

Yes, Day’s disappointment is understandable. Although he didn’t cross the line with his comments, he inferred a lot .

The OSU fan base, is another matter. The level and expanse of their whining is spectacular. Go to any of their sites like 24/7, or Eleven Warriors, to see what I mean. Eight out of every ten comments are how they got cheated, not about giving credit to their opponent or at least how they lost the game themselves. They actually had a large scale protest in the streets over the officiating. Having difficulty accepting a loss is one thing. But they come across as arrogant and classless. No exaggeration.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic