Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule

Nov 3, 2019, 4:53 PM

Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule

Head coach Dabo Swinney says the national media gets amnesia each year when it comes to his Clemson football program and its schedule. And they win anyway. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule

Nov 3, 2019, 5:20 PM

Key thing to remember. AP Poll doesn't mean squat, and the Coaches Poll is not a real barometer either. Just relax and we will see what happens Tuesday when the Poll that matters is released. Seems to be alot of ESPN Koolaid being passed around. ESPN DOESN'T WANT TO TELIVISE another CLEMSON BEATDOWN OF THEIR BELOVED SEC,. GO TIGERS!!!

tues poll doesn't matter a whole lot either

Nov 3, 2019, 7:40 PM

we lose to State and it doesn't matter where we started

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tues poll doesn't matter a whole lot either

Nov 3, 2019, 10:38 PM

but LSU and Bama know they can lose on Saturday and it won't matter either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 4, 2019, 12:48 AM

This is what I tell everyone here. They can lose and still be in. Especially this late in the season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2019, 5:01 AM [ in reply to Re: tues poll doesn't matter a whole lot either ]

I think LSU can lose.and still have a shot at CFP .

Re: TNET: Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule

Nov 3, 2019, 7:21 PM

;)

Nov 3, 2019, 7:36 PM

The sad thing is people want to trash everything in South Carolina but more and more people move here every day.

Nov 3, 2019, 7:42 PM

Don't blame the national media. With FSU off the rails, Clemson is the only "football school" in the ACC. No one knows how good Clemson is until the playoffs.

Nov 3, 2019, 8:49 PM

In the national media's mind, if FSU is "off the rails" (VT and Miami are only second thoughts these days), the ACC doesn't even exist as a Power 5 conference. However, if FSU were to be winning like Clemson is, and has been, just rolling through the ACC, they would be one or two in the polls and regarded as one of the best teams ever, etc.... Go figure. It's not amnesia, it's just a very narrow and biased memory.

Go Tigers!!!

Nov 4, 2019, 8:06 AM

I don't think that philosophy flies. The first CFP, Florida St was the only unbeaten team in the country, defending national champion, on a 29 game winning streak, and was 3rd in the final CFP poll. They were 4th in the 2nd to last and only got moved up so they could move TCU out and make room for Ohio State.

It's much the same Clemson team that crushed the playoffs

Nov 3, 2019, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo says the national media gets amnesia when it comes to Clemson's schedule ]

last year.

Question for anyone, anywhere is - why do some people want to imagine we're different? ... Because of an alleged weak schedule? These two things are unrelated.

Bring them on. Anyone.

Mistake in this write up

Nov 3, 2019, 8:48 PM

Regarding the schedule being the same every year, Dabo said that we play two SEC teams every year, not two FBS teams.

I’m not throwing rocks, because I certainly appreciate the reporting, but just trying to be accreate.

Re: Mistake in this write up

Nov 4, 2019, 1:40 PM

"accreate" - LOVE IT!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm humbled you made this your first post!

Nov 5, 2019, 2:13 PM

You deserve some jurly!

Nov 3, 2019, 10:33 PM

We're in most pundits top 4, reluctantly of course, they have no choice at this point. The committee will have us in there too. Not worried about it.

Nov 3, 2019, 11:17 PM

All I know is that KJ makes Tyler Davis look like he’s about 5ft8 160lbs in that picture.

Nov 4, 2019, 12:23 AM

I am almost to the point where I feel sorry for the two teams we will play in this year's playoffs .
I know the staff and players of those poor teams won't have had anything to do with Clemson's grudge , but they'll certainly bear the brunt of it .
Can you say " Repeat " boys and girls ? I knew that you could .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 4, 2019, 7:40 AM

Hope we will not be in yet. Four games to go. NCS, Wake (8-1), SC (who beat UGa). Then probably Virginia. If we need any motivation to dominate, being on the outside looking in should be all it takes. I expect Tigers will be there in the end and be one of three unbeaten teams. Bama will beat LSU, win the SEC. OHS will beat PSU and UM, win the Big 10. LSU gets in on strength of other wins. Big 12 and PAC 12 pressure NCAA to go to an 8 team play-off. Everybody happy.

Nov 4, 2019, 7:40 AM

Hope we will not be in yet. Four games to go. NCS, Wake (8-1), SC (who beat UGa). Then probably Virginia. If we need any motivation to dominate, being on the outside looking in should be all it takes. I expect Tigers will be there in the end and be one of three unbeaten teams. Bama will beat LSU, win the SEC. OHS will beat PSU and UM, win the Big 10. LSU gets in on strength of other wins. Big 12 and PAC 12 pressure NCAA to go to an 8 team play-off. Everybody happy.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:08 AM

I don't care what they say about our Tigers. We all know that they will rise to the top when it counts. Alabama also plays cupcake teams each year but you never hear about that but when it comes to Clemson SEC homers and ESPN are ready to pounce when Clemson struggles or is not playing to THEIR standards. Meanwhile, we have proven time and time again that we can play with the "big boys"and beat them. Victories over the last decade include Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oklahoma. If we stay healthy for the rest of the year I am confident that we will win it all again this year in spite of the naysayers. GO TIGERS!!!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic