Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The game will go as planned! Precipitation % dropping.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,642

The game will go as planned! Precipitation % dropping.

Oct 2, 2015, 5:36 AM

The Weather Channel, however, has been receiving record-breaking ratings lately, so they'll likely try to string us out.

Look for partly cloud skies with an occasional rain shower on Saturday, with a soggy ground in the grass lots.

Wear boots if you are going to ESPN Gameday!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The game will go as planned! Precipitation % dropping.

Oct 2, 2015, 5:49 AM

Weather Underground is currently predicting 5 inches of rain in Clemson on Saturday, with a 97% chance of precipitation at kickoff (8 pm).

"An extremely strong conveyor belt of moisture will stream into the Carolinas over the next several days, aided by moisture from Hurricane Joaquin as it turns to the north in the Atlantic Ocean. While the higher elevations of South Carolina will experience the most rain, upwards of 18 inches of rainfall will fall on parts of the Carolinas. This could create an historic flooding event that NOAA is calling a 1 in 1000 year event. Residents are urged to take precautions to protect life and property."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With ESPSECN and CU it is all about the money too. 8 pm

Oct 2, 2015, 5:55 AM

is prime time ratings $$$$ Probably take a tornado to change that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got new footwear. These Boots are made for Joaquin....***

Oct 2, 2015, 5:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and that's just what they'll do….***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over ND

Oct 2, 2015, 7:17 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where are we seeing that at?***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:02 AM

Re: The game will go as planned! Precipitation % dropping.

Oct 2, 2015, 6:08 AM

I want the game to happen as much as anyone else, and if possible I'd be there to watch it in person from beginning to end regardless of the weather. That said, the potential flooding they're talking about concerns me. I'm imagining power outages across campus and the upstate, and 80000+ people trying to get out of town in the middle of the night on flooded roads. We could be talking about a literal disaster scenario here.

BAHHHHHHH!!!! THE SKY IS LITERALLY FALLING!!!!!!***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:22 AM

Re: BAHHHHHHH!!!! THE SKY IS LITERALLY FALLING!!!!!!***

Oct 2, 2015, 6:26 AM

Hey, I hope you're right. Just seems unlikely to say the least. BTW, 18 inches of rain pretty much would mean the sky is falling. ;)

Oct 2, 2015, 6:31 AM

It won't rain 18 inches. I bet we get no more than 7 from Friday to Monday. I'd bet a lot of money on it.

Also, considering the SC Highway Patrol is already there running traffic, I doubt that things would turn that bad.

Seriously, this isn't going to be a big deal. People are just getting weird because the Weather Channel is amping it up to get ratings, along with every other news channel.

Oct 2, 2015, 7:51 AM

It isn't just TWC and news outlets, but rather the National Weather Service. So NWS is trying to amp up hits to their website or increase their social media footprint? I'm not prophesying a dooms day end of times scenario, but this is a significant event. Perhaps the rain totals aren't as significant for the Clemson area specifically, however there are going to be some folks dealing with dangerous situations. The NAM, GFS, and Euro seem to point to the midlands/coast being the most affected. And while we have come a long way with our predictive tools, it's still impossible to know specifically where the heaviest bands will set up. But for those who receive a steady rain with intermittent periods of heavy rains (those dark reds and oranges on the radar) there will likely be some insane rain totals... so I don't discount the possibility of 15+" for some areas, and would almost expect those totals for some locally. In that scenario lots of individuals will have to make decisions regarding travel, and who could blame them?

I've looked forward to this game as much as any I can previously remember, but travel is the biggest concern at this point as opposed to just rain in the Clemson area during game time.

Oct 2, 2015, 9:34 AM

Some posters need to understand that Clemson is forecast to get a potential 100 year historic rain amount SATURDAY NiGHT. This morning (Friday) the updated reports indicate rain in bands of TWO to FOUR inches per hour not just in one day. While I personally don't like losing money, especially on an anniversary weekend, I'd rather take precautions and see what if anything changes before taking chances on the roads from the midlands to the upstate.

Go Tigers!

hey....

Oct 2, 2015, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: BAHHHHHHH!!!! THE SKY IS LITERALLY FALLING!!!!!!*** ]

Shuuuuuuut upppppp

Oct 2, 2015, 6:34 AM [ in reply to BAHHHHHHH!!!! THE SKY IS LITERALLY FALLING!!!!!!*** ]

I'm counting on God to hold up his promise not to destroy the earth with water again!

Really we need to Pray that Dabo gets Jesus those tickets***

Oct 2, 2015, 7:55 AM

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,642
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic