Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you were a future recruit...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,941

If you were a future recruit...

Feb 2, 2013, 7:59 AM

...would you visit a fans web site. YES? Well the RN bashing needs to stop and if any others don't committ like you want don't bash them. It just confirms what RN told ESPN. You lose with dignity and you win with class and the recruits will think positive things. I am sure that the 2014 kids come here andcwhat you say about other kids matter. They all prettyvmuch meet each other on visits to other schools so don't handcuff or compromise the work the coaching staff does with crude comments.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto!***

Feb 2, 2013, 8:03 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you were a future recruit...

Feb 2, 2013, 8:07 AM

This has been hashed and rehashed.Any one can pose as a fan from another school on this site or twitter.If you are a recruit then you,your parents and your coaches should be smart enough to figure that out.Unless of course you are potential signee at USuck then all bets are off.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be so, but many on here were Clemson fans and

Feb 2, 2013, 8:38 AM

not posers. If I recall correctly, around the time of RN's decommit, people would have entire hate threads that were dedicating to his bashing and were tantamount to a witch burning in Salem.

This issue probably irks me the most. The same people, GROWN adults, will rag a kid for being immature and then turn around and throw a temper tantrum when they don't get what they want. I've seen them go as far as making fun of these recruit's mothers and that's just sad. If I were a recruit that happened across a board spewing this garbage, I'd definitely think twice about trying to please that kind of fanbase. If anyone needs to mature, it's some of the supposed adults on this board.

I would encourage cleaning up some attitudes, but that'd probably go as far as I could throw a sandbag...

Re: If you were a future recruit...

Feb 2, 2013, 8:13 AM

I'm sure many recruits visit websites to see what fans are saying, hoping to see how much they are wanted. I hope they realize that every fanbase has immature individuals who criticize everyone from the current players and coaches to their own mothers. The real threat may be the "coot" (on our board - you name him on other boards) who poses as a fan of one team to plant lies that will get spread around the web. To read comments that some recruits who were once on our list this year, they may not sort through all the information very well - they read what people (including writers fron AJC) say and get their feelings hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What idiot would ever say "the recruits don't read this"?

Feb 2, 2013, 8:17 AM

Yah!! These kids don't have the interwebs.

Why would they ever read a site about a school they could possibly attend for 3 years or more?

Dstomp

Feb 2, 2013, 8:25 AM

Then why don't you tell your long term posters that have 1,000's of posts to stop ragging these kids. There is a Grayson thread on here now bashing them. What will the kids from Grayson think of that? Posers from other teams don't have 1,000s of posts.

Some posers have been here a looooooonnnnnggggg

Feb 2, 2013, 8:27 AM

time. The recruits may not have been reading long enough to sort all of them out.

If you were an unemployed coot living in mommy's basement

Feb 2, 2013, 8:32 AM

would you post endlessly on your rivals board believing people actually cared about what you post?

a lot of low pulses in here stomping their little feet.***

Feb 2, 2013, 8:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I like the old WWII motto: "Loose lips sink ships." Of

Feb 2, 2013, 8:32 AM

course, on sites like TigerNet many lips are not only loose, but downright flapping a bit much. Then again, who would ever read TNet if that weren't true. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people get caught up in...

Feb 2, 2013, 8:44 AM

What all the media sources are saying verbatim. I use deductive reasoning to be my guide. I still believe that CU is in it for RN until the end and just because a site does not follow that recruit then that doesn't mean they are off the radar. There have been several top recruits added in the 11th hour by design. This is a ultra competitive job to recruit and hold top atheletes. So my point is that no news is not bad news and don't let your mind run free with damaging thoughts....

WHO the #### is giving points to this TROLL????***

Feb 2, 2013, 9:09 AM

If a recruit is dumb enough to base a life-changing decision like college on fans

Feb 2, 2013, 9:15 AM

then they probably aren't smart enough to be at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^^^BINGO.***

Feb 2, 2013, 9:21 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, we are all human beings and deserve dignity!

Feb 2, 2013, 9:21 AM

thanks! Well maybe some of those usuc posters dont???

I agree to a point,

Feb 2, 2013, 10:17 AM

But RN changed his mind based on his mother's reaction. These are still young kids and their parents are still the main influencer in their lives. No way a kid is going to throw his mom or dad under the bus, instead they find an out like a fan board. I do think boards have some impact, but at the end of the day, parents, coaches, playing time, school, scholarships, friends, and opportunities come before in the decision making process.

This is the most intelligent post you ever made***

Feb 2, 2013, 10:21 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

#8***

Feb 2, 2013, 10:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

**COOT ALERT**

Feb 2, 2013, 11:00 AM

Their recruits are average, so they come pose as "Tiger Fans" and try to bad mouth our recruits.

USuC trash....needs to be taken OUT!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,941
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic