Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here’s some fun weekend reading.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Here’s some fun weekend reading.

Jan 15, 2021, 1:45 PM

Anybody catch this game theory piece when it came out some 4 months ago? A game designer pulls apart every facet of Q and analyzes why it exists and why it was designed that way, and why it works. It's long, but a pretty fascinating read. Some highlights:

-Qanon was one of several anon groups, and just happened to be the one that took off
-A TON of conspiracy ideas have been floated, some catch, some don't; the ones that do are developed and cultivated by whoever is writing the cryptic Q coded messages
-The most obvious tell that it's a game is that nobody, intelligence agencies or otherwise, "leads" people to conclusions. They tell people what they know, i.e., facts. There's no "gameplay".
-The "camaraderie" aspect is a key driver; disaffected people are drawn to likeminded groups
-One thing where I've been mistaken, assuming he's correct, is that I always thought Q was a reddit or 8chan post that got lucky and went viral, and the author(s) just kinda ran with it; whether it was co-opted or not, it's now much bigger than that, and heavily funded now, too.

I had some lively discussion about censorship with an old friend from grade school on FB last night, and an acquaintance (friend of one of his actual friends) inserted herself with a bunch of graphics and nonsense about how the Capitol riot occurred. I clicked on her profile and it was all WWG1WWGA Q stuff. He deleted the whole post before I could enjoy trolling the troll.

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-580972548be5

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. The wife and daughter are big into Pokemon Go

Jan 15, 2021, 1:55 PM

and Lady Lou was not pleased with me for sharing this with her. Not at all.

It does fit the phenomenon well though in terms of how such abject lunacy could actually take root in an otherwise sane person's mind.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long but very interesting,

Jan 15, 2021, 2:31 PM

Thanks for the link.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol your idea of fun***

Jan 15, 2021, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

One thing I think we can all agree on

Jan 15, 2021, 3:28 PM

That’s a couple hundred words of Steve Urkel-level nerd pron you just wrote. I’m waiting for you to pull out a 12 sided die and tell me your level 12 Warlock just cast a spell on my friar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, important addendum

Jan 15, 2021, 3:31 PM

With all due respect.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I think we can all agree on

Jan 15, 2021, 3:32 PM [ in reply to One thing I think we can all agree on ]

Obed® said:

I’m waiting for you to pull out a 12 sided die and tell me your level 12 Warlock just cast a spell on my friar.

Bruh, I hate to break it to you, but the fact that you formulated that sentence puts you firmly in the nerdvirgin category. I've played video games before and I don't even know what this is a reference to.

NERD!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether you’re the prey or the predator, you have to be a

Jan 15, 2021, 3:35 PM

Subject matter expert. Much like you knew a lot about Halo when you were getting wedgies for being a gamer, I had to know a lot about Dungeons and Dragons to give those players wedgies in the 80’s.

Nice try.

Jan 15, 2021, 3:37 PM

But I never played Halo. And you don't need to know about dungeons and dragons to give wedgies.

We see you, NERD!

This is pretty much the height of partisan bias.

Jan 15, 2021, 3:41 PM

We have a guy in this thread who literally promotes spending the weekend reading about “game theory” and you’re leaping over that to call me a nerd. WAKE UP

This is what the terrorists wanted, I think***

Jan 15, 2021, 3:45 PM

It isn't really THAT heady.

Jan 15, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to This is pretty much the height of partisan bias. ]

He dumbed it down so people like me could understand it.

Nerd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where would one get the experience to do this?

Jan 15, 2021, 3:36 PM

Bannon created a rudimentary blueprint years ago.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2017/07/18/steve-bannon-learned-harness-troll-army-world-warcraft/489713001/

That's disturbing.***

Jan 15, 2021, 4:33 PM

Interesting. The best part is tell someone who is a Qanon

Jan 15, 2021, 3:54 PM

"believer", and the first thing they'll say is that you don't know, or are making that up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic