Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Zion choosing Clemson won't be a huge shock.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Zion choosing Clemson won't be a huge shock.

Jan 20, 2018, 2:10 PM

We were the first to offer him a scholarship, way back in the ninth grade. Brownell have stuck with him in his recruitment, despite a heavy push from schools like UNC, Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas. And that is why we are the overwhelming favorite to land him.

Zion has a great rapport with our coaches, and his family likes Clemson a lot as well. The idea of staying fairly close to home, and also being our program changer rather than just another five star at one of the basketball powers, appeals to him as well. There is a reason why so many people think he will go to Clemson, and we know that it isn't because we usually get recruits like him.

For those of you who keep saying stuff like "He won't choose us," what do you base that on? Have you been keeping up with his recruitment at all? If not, then please stop posting. If you have been keeping up with his recruitment, but are fearful that he will choose one of the blue blood programs, don't be. He's coming to Clemson. Unless something changes in the next few hours, he's a Tiger.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The Shock will be

Jan 20, 2018, 2:13 PM

When he states he's gonna get a degree from Clemson

One can Hope

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zion choosing Clemson won't be a huge shock.

Jan 20, 2018, 2:24 PM

Hear Him, Hear Him!
Judge, you sound quite sure and that calms me. Thanks for your encouraging and positive words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may be right

Jan 20, 2018, 2:35 PM

I just don’t think it matters much unless he stays more than a year or we win a natty or something crazy like that.

Message was edited by: NutCutterU®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You may be right

Jan 20, 2018, 2:42 PM

Sorry Judge, but my opinion is equal to yours because everyone can post. You don't decide that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course your opinion is equal to mine.

Jan 20, 2018, 3:05 PM

But your knowledge of this situation might not be. Maybe it is, i don't know. People can think what they want, but those posting that there is no way he will choose Clemson haven't been following his recruitment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

A man was sent into

Jan 20, 2018, 2:53 PM

the arena where he was confronted with five doors. He was informed he would be "surprised" at which door the tiger was behind - which didn't bode well for him. He tried door number one - no tiger. Then in sequence, each of doors two through four - no tiger. The man was relieved - or was he? For he knew it would have to be a surprise. Was the tiger behind door number five?

Zion knows how to play everyone. Good for him.

Clemson basketball getting the 1 or 2 national recruit will

Jan 20, 2018, 2:53 PM

be shocking... even if we offered him in 6th grade...

I hope we get him, but you have posted several times how sure you are we will and how others who doubt are stupid. What makes you so sure? If you don't think he could flip to a blue blood, you are crazy.

You didn't read well.

Jan 20, 2018, 3:09 PM

I have posted numerous times over the last few weeks that it would be a big deal to get him, how it changes the perception of our basketball program and would be similar to Spiller in football.

I have not called anyone who doubts stupid, but I do question why some people post such negative, pessimistic things about how he won't possibly consider Clemson since he has been considering Clemson now for several years. Most recruiting experts, including those for Kentucky recruiting sites, predict that he will sign with Clemson. People are free to think what they want, but if they assume Clemson will get shafted they are only basing their thoughts on their own mental clutter and not information available publicly.

And of course he could choose a blue blood program. As I mentioned in the post you responded to (the one you obviously didn't read carefully), it is a possibility but unless something changes between now and tonight I don't think it will happen.

there is no football comparison to this

Jan 20, 2018, 3:31 PM

not even Spiller

Spiller was bigger as far as program impact.*****

Jan 20, 2018, 3:53 PM

A football comparison is necessary for some of our fans

Jan 20, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to there is no football comparison to this ]

who don’t follow basketball much, if at all.

Spiller is a very fair football comparison. I would say that there is no football equivalent, however.

Not a perfect comparison, but not a bad one either.

Jan 20, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to there is no football comparison to this ]

Should we get Zion, it could be said that both were the highest rated, most high profile recruits in a while, had the potential to make an immediate impact, show other high profile recruits that Clemson is for real, and signal that recruiting has moved up a notch. IN that regard, it's a pretty good comparison. Considering the entire history of both Clemson football and basketball, there is no comparison that works, of course, but I don't think anybody is comparing in that way, nor is it necessary when talking about Zion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Guys on ESPN earlier thought he was a Clemson lean*****

Jan 20, 2018, 3:39 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic