Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, will SC remain a viable in-state football competitor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

So, will SC remain a viable in-state football competitor

Apr 9, 2017, 4:26 PM

If things remain the same with their average recruiting abilities, below average team play, possible low fan turn-out (as seen by pathetic 12,000 at Spring game) & spending more time, $ & effort on Ladies & Men's Basketball?

Saying, should we be playing other State teams like The Citadel or Coastal next few years to keep us sharp?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, will SC remain a viable in-state football competitor

Apr 9, 2017, 4:27 PM

Come on, you now they sent 50K fans to watch basketball. Why bother with their spring game? Bball pays the bills now that football and baseball is at the bottom.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 4:29 PM

They are a women's basketball school now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

remain?***

Apr 9, 2017, 4:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oh, any news on Fishing

Apr 9, 2017, 4:33 PM

And type of worms & lures being used this season?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Teach a coot to fish, and ....

Apr 9, 2017, 6:52 PM

they might deliver your pizza on time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 4:45 PM

I remember people asking similar questions 10 years ago when we were dominating them, next thing you know they beat us 5 straight painful times. I never want to endure that again, so my thought is NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT.I do hope we keep kicking them even when they are down, never let up.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post implies that they are currently a viable competito

Apr 9, 2017, 4:51 PM

I contend that they are not now and never will be at the level where we currently reside.
As such, I think we should seriously be in the process of developing another rival. UGA or UT for example.
One that will push us to stay on top nationally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is our actual rival.***

Apr 9, 2017, 4:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: FSU is our actual rival.***

Apr 9, 2017, 5:00 PM

I agree. I would rather play FSU as our rival game. We can put USuC as our cupcake game at the beginning of the season.

Message was edited by: ALLIN803®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, nada, negativo!!!!

Apr 9, 2017, 5:02 PM

Just sayin'!!!

NEVER take them for granted....always act and play like

Apr 9, 2017, 6:43 PM

we have something to prove.

With the exception of ESPN...USuCk's 2017 recruiting class was as good or better. {I know it helps the ranking to sign 35.}

Re: NEVER take them for granted....always act and play like

Apr 9, 2017, 7:21 PM

Lol, no, their class wasnt even close, unless yoi go by the idiotic total point system. But if you look at a stat that actually matters - average star rating - we continued to widen the talent gap.

Apr 9, 2017, 6:49 PM

I just don't see it Bill, they had over a decade where two of the winningest coaches in the history of college football brought some success, but they slid off the map in under 2 years with Muschamp at the helm. They are, and will continue to be a team that fights to get its 6th win and the occasional upset, but we can go ahead remove them from the list of annual bowl contenders. They are squarely right back where they belong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 7:20 PM

Dabo has been bringing his A game last several years. As long as he keeps that going Coots are on the hind teet.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic