Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is just ridiculousness...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

This is just ridiculousness...

Jun 18, 2020, 7:55 PM

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29329250

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Clemson use this cheer?

Jun 18, 2020, 7:58 PM

How does this impact you? I don’t care either direction as not a Florida fan.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who let the Tigernet Police in?

Jun 18, 2020, 8:01 PM

Go have a beer and enjoy life

Ditto

Jun 18, 2020, 8:03 PM

Stop stressing about things that don’t impact you and enjoy life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You win

Jun 18, 2020, 8:08 PM

Congrats

Re: Ditto

Dec 1, 2013, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Ditto ]

The same idiocy that claims Florida’s cheer is racist, that “The Eyes of Texas“ is racist, can just as easily say Tiger Rag is racist, the cadence count is racist. No one can ever say this stuff is stupid. There is no debate. You will lose your job. When you are on the Twitter mob’s radar, you have to kneel. That’s why it’s relevant. Hoping the hateful mob eats you last is just encouraging more of this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 19, 2020, 7:54 AM

It's going to be a tough sell to call "Tiger Rag" racist since it was made popular in about 1930 by the Mills Brothers, an all black group. Its going to be even a tougher sell to call "cadence count" racist since it is a directly derived from Clemson's military history. In the U.S. the military was one of the first integrated institutions dating to the 1940's.

The Gator bait chant was started by a Black football player . . .***

Jun 19, 2020, 8:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Ditto ]

So, cultural appropriation?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2020, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Ditto ]

That’s a terrible standard to live by. By that very standard no whites should care about slavery, it doesn’t impact them, and we would still have slavery. The list goes on and on, it’s one of those nonsensical Universal arguments people use to sound cool That when applied Universally doesn’t work.

A whole lotta people care about equal treatment of minorities

Jun 18, 2020, 9:11 PM

A whole lotta folks on TNet pretend to care about Gator Bait. This whole thing is nonsensical.

^^^Hijacker^^^***

Jun 18, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Does Clemson use this cheer? ]

It will never stop.***

Jun 18, 2020, 8:04 PM

Re: It will never stop.***

Jun 18, 2020, 8:11 PM

Exactly, they're not coming for you today, but they may one day, then what?

If somebody deems my words or actions as racist,

Jun 18, 2020, 11:44 PM

If somebody deems my words or actions as racist, I hope I’d be able to take a step back, listen and reevaluate.

If I agree, then I hope I make the appropriate changes and be a role model for my kids.

If I disagreed, then I would do my best to ignore the naysayers and hope I don’t log onto the Clemson football message board to complain about it.

The rule is you can’t deem whether you yourself or your

Jun 19, 2020, 12:52 AM

own words are racist. Your unconscious bias makes you blind. ipso facto, E pluribus unum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: If somebody deems my words or actions as racist,

Jun 19, 2020, 8:45 AM [ in reply to If somebody deems my words or actions as racist, ]

Your words are racist. Don't try to defend yourself, it just proves how racist you are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If somebody deems my words or actions as racist,

Jun 19, 2020, 9:14 AM

Are your baseless comments supposed to bother me in some way?

I think the school president should be more concerned with

Jun 18, 2020, 8:36 PM

how his last name is pronounced rather than a cheer sanctioned by the football team (but somehow similar to one used in the era of Jim Crow?!).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic