Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Someone Flunked Remedial English
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 4,101

Someone Flunked Remedial English

Apr 30, 2018, 1:17 PM

These beauties were gleaned from newspapers and other sources'

"Man kills wife with Alzheimers". At least it was bloodless. No gun, no knife, no axe.

"Caulfield admitted he killed his wife in the note". Now that is a strange place for a murder.

"Blessed to receive my 18th. offer from Clemson". I believe one offer from the Tigers would have been sufficient.

"R. L. Webb, 66, of Delta Drive, was denied bond on charges of murder and first degree burglary at the Oconee County Courthouse". If one does these dastardly deeds at the courthouse they should be denied bond.

"Lewis hit the victim with a shoe on top of her forehead". Lots of people wear a shoe on the top of their forehead.

re a Clemson baseball commit "He has committed to play for the Tigers on Saturday". Will he commit to play those Friday, Sunday and weekday games?

"..... announced the company's decision to build it's North American headquarters in Pickens County on Tuesday". That's a 50,000 square foot building to be built on Tuesday. That's some fast construction.

".. in his National Letter of Intent to play football at the University of Virginia in the school's Media Center on Wednesday". That must be a huge Media Center plus the Hoos are going to play a mid-week game on a Wednesday.

This is one recruit who we need to sign immediately. He got it right. "Blessed that my most recent offer came from Clemson".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people just have trouble with their dangling

Apr 30, 2018, 1:28 PM

modifiers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Some people just have trouble with their dangling

May 1, 2018, 8:53 AM

Careful, you’ll offend someone talking like that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear and read things like these all the time............

Apr 30, 2018, 2:39 PM

from "journalists" in the media who should know better.

Re: I hear and read things like these all the time............

Apr 30, 2018, 10:01 PM

Unfortunately,today's educational process doesn't teach students the basic mechanics of of their native language.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Someone Flunked Remedial English

May 1, 2018, 8:48 AM

Courtesy WYFF: Two injured after several men shot at mobile home, sheriff says

If they shot at a mobile home, it is a good chance they

May 1, 2018, 1:40 PM

could injure two people!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they shot at a mobile home, it is a good chance they

May 1, 2018, 1:51 PM

Several men were shot at mobile home but only 2 were injured.

“I see,” said the blind English man as he picked up the

May 1, 2018, 8:57 AM

hammer and saw.

You really have to take it with a

May 1, 2018, 9:15 AM

Grade of salt

When I tell you erase the left sentence, it will be

May 1, 2018, 9:30 AM

the right one, and then only the right sentence will be left.

I thought you were going to have my user name

May 1, 2018, 1:16 PM

tagged with this thread!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone Flunked Remedial English

May 1, 2018, 2:28 PM

How did we ever learn the English language when there are words that are pronounced the same but are spelled differently and have a different neaning? And some are spelled the same but have a different meaning. Gets a bit confusing at times. Look at the past tense of pay. I've seen on many occasions the word "payed". How did we come up with "paid".

I like the they're, there and their problem for many.

Where are they? They're there in their house.

After I learned to read, I read many books, one of which had a red cover and one was a story about a long-stemmed reed.

Yes dear, I saw the deer. I need to knead some dough for the doe. In the meantime I got kneed by a drunk who had drunk too much and need to sit for a few minutes.

Have you ever seen a headline that read, "Dabo Resigns" or something sinilar? At first glance one does't know if he has quit or is coming back, two opposite options.

I believe I'll stop this nonsense and go get a haircut.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 4,101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic