Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, let the TDs rain down...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

OK, let the TDs rain down...

Jul 2, 2012, 4:23 PM

Swofford made a good deal for the ACC's post season participation. The Orange Bowl guarantees the CC will be placed in one of the six premier bowls according to ESPiN's College Football Live today.

If the ACCChamps seed in the playoff and the OB is not in rotation the selection committee will place others in the bowl. The ACC's opponents will be determined by the selection committee and considered an 'at large,' team. I'm guessing, but it appears the ACCC would place in one of the other three bowls in years where they are not playoff seeded.

That's a good payday for our conference anyway you shake it.

If it turns out the Rose and Champions are setup the same way as the Orange we have a fair as rain deal and I'll give Swofford credit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, let the TDs rain down...

Jul 2, 2012, 4:27 PM

Wishes can come true

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will TU. Balls of steel.***

Jul 2, 2012, 4:28 PM

^^^misspelled moroon W/plastic implants***

Jul 2, 2012, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did you want TD's then. I was applauding you.***

Jul 2, 2012, 7:06 PM

Nah, I didn't think the post would generate anything but

Jul 2, 2012, 8:48 PM

stress here on Tnet. I posted it because it was the truth but expected to be heavily scolded for saying something positive about JS. I thought it could be considered pulse suicide.

You're missing the point here.

Jul 2, 2012, 4:30 PM

If the BigTen, Big12, SEC and Pac12 all get the same kind of deal, then that means five of the twelve BCS & Playoff spots have been filled.

The real money comes in the other seven teams "at-large". If the BCS standings play out like they did last year, the ACC may only have that one team in the BCS while conferences like the SEC get FOUR.

So whatever cut Clemson is getting out of this arrangement, Sakerlina stands to make up to four times as much.

This isn't considering that Playoff teams will probably be worth a whole lot more money, and you can bet the SEC will have a constant presence there.

So if you're banking on the SEC to never have more teams in the BCS/Playoff than the ACC, then yeah, it's a square deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most of you.

You are missing the point here.

Jul 2, 2012, 4:47 PM

We aren't completely left out.

I know all about how we get screwed. I've made keeping up with this to blast Swaffie out of the water a hobby of mine. I expected that the entire playoff thing would place the ACC champs at 'at large,' at best.

Perhaps the rest of the conference will wake the flock up and find a way to help pay the bills. They money is going to be phenomenal for conference that place two teams in these six games. No, I don't expect that to happen either. :(

If Alabma had lost to Auburn, LSU had lost to

Jul 2, 2012, 5:08 PM [ in reply to You're missing the point here. ]

WVU, and Arkansas had lost to USC, how many schools would the SEC have had in the BCS last year?

The SEC will continue to rule if they continue to have 2 or 3 schools with zero or one loss, and they should.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is obvious..

Jul 2, 2012, 8:18 PM

"The SEC will continue to rule if they continue to have 2 or 3 schools with zero or one loss, and they should."

That would also apply to ANY conference, including the ACC. So much focus on the SEC, but there will be another conference at some point that starts to overpower the SEC and is dominant for years before the same process starts again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You're missing the point here.

Jul 2, 2012, 8:08 PM [ in reply to You're missing the point here. ]

the sec doesn't have four bcs worthy teams. 'bama lsu and arkansas were good enough last year, and that is it. yes, they have some good teams but only on one side of the conf.,at least the last couple of years.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OK, let the TDs rain down...

Jul 2, 2012, 4:32 PM

All 5 of the major conferences will keep their bowl tie-ins going forward. The only big change is the SEC/Big12 going to the Champs bowl instead of the Sugar/Fiesta. The big question will be the other 3 bowl games that will be part of the bowl picture.

If the Chick-fil-a bowl becomes a major bowl game does the ACC/SEC keep their tie-in to the game or do those spots go to at large teams selected by the committee? If that were to happen the ACC would lose one of its few remaining quality bowl tie-ins.

I agree that Swofford did a good job keeping the Orange bowl but he really had no choice with the other 4 conferences already securing their spots. What happens to the bowl tie-ins in the fallout of the playoff will be where Swofford can make or break things.

null

Nope, each of the big five have one spot in this system...

Jul 2, 2012, 4:48 PM

and it will be their conference champion.

He did his job for once

Jul 2, 2012, 4:40 PM

I won't give him kudos for it, this was a move that he had to make and would've been a fool (or a bigger one than he already is) for not making a deal like this.

This really does not amount to much...needed to get a 2nd

Jul 2, 2012, 4:44 PM

ACC team in the BCS bowls if conf champ in playoff.

The SEC, Big 12, PAC and B1G only get one spot for sure.***

Jul 2, 2012, 4:50 PM

But...You think the ACC will match the SEC or Big12

Jul 2, 2012, 4:59 PM

in number of teams? Not likely...The ACC will get money, just not as much as everyone else.

Swoff maintains status quo and thats a good thing?

Jul 2, 2012, 4:45 PM [ in reply to He did his job for once ]

The ACC needs to be proactive for once.

Most of you.

You're suggestion? Seems fair to me. If ACC teams prove

Jul 2, 2012, 5:06 PM

their worth with quality OOC wins and strong in conference records, then there is no reason the ACC can't place multiple teams; the same opportunity that the other 4 conferences have.

It is truly so simple:

1. ACC needs to start winning the end of the year games, ie.. Clem/Scar, UF/FSU, GT/UGA

2. Win the bowl games we (ACC) are in.

3. Win quality OOC games in reg season.

ACC has failed on ALL fronts in the past few years, Clemson included (exc being Auburn '11 win). If you want respect, WIN.

Win and multiple teams are in.

Message was edited by: soywaker®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You're suggestion? Seems fair to me. If ACC teams prov

Jul 2, 2012, 7:16 PM

This is true but what happens when you cant get good OOC games scheduled. SEC and Big 12 already rumored to start having more cross conference scheduling. If an SEC team plays 8 conference game plus a Big 12 team they are not gonna schedule an ACC team to unless its a rivalry. We may be the only big OOC game you can get. Even with the ACC getting an automatic bid for its champ it really changes nothing if the Big 4 decide to squeeze everyone else out.

Clemson won't ever be "squeezed out" of quality OOC

Jul 2, 2012, 8:00 PM

opponents. There will always be schools who want to establish home and home with Clemson and that will not change, even with the changing landscape.

Clemson has improved the last few years and Dabo is building a program that already had a good foundation. The way Clemson is recruiting and the coaches that are being brought in will only improve that. IF Clemson can live up to its potential, it will be other OOC schools contacting us to schedule the quality OOC opponent.

Even with all the changes, college football is still the same: win and the rest works itself out.

null

The nine conference game each year won't hurt matters.

Jul 2, 2012, 8:52 PM

I agree, most teams would love to schedule a home/away with a traveling team like Clemson. It boost TV ratings and sells tickets when Clemson shows up.

I expect to be TDed out of existence by dark tonight.

Jul 2, 2012, 4:51 PM

###, I know how blue caddy feels now.

you pissed off the ghey faction

Jul 2, 2012, 5:01 PM

that never goes well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No wonder LbU hasn't shown up

Jul 2, 2012, 5:12 PM

he's rallying the troops

Clemson

the rainbow banners are on back order...

Jul 2, 2012, 5:14 PM

couple days tops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For someone who just joined in March, you show a lot of

Jul 2, 2012, 6:17 PM [ in reply to No wonder LbU hasn't shown up ]

promise, and you are very astute.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Shall we admit him to sisters of the traveling pants or what***

Jul 2, 2012, 6:22 PM

I do think he's ready***

Jul 2, 2012, 6:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Shall we burn our bras in celebration of a new member?

Jul 2, 2012, 6:26 PM

I just bought this black lace thingy that's biting the hair on my back, so I'm ready but I'm keeping the black lace thong.

I have a few laying around the house that are left over from

Jul 2, 2012, 6:29 PM

when the ex Mrs. deadsolidperfect used to visit. I guess I could go ahead and burn them

So, we don't have to worry about a big fire then?***

Jul 2, 2012, 6:30 PM

Nope, just an easy fire that spreads quickly***

Jul 2, 2012, 6:32 PM

Re: I have a few laying around the house that are left over from

Jul 2, 2012, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I have a few laying around the house that are left over from ]

Never seen training bras burned

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to swing for the fences!***

Jul 2, 2012, 7:30 PM

I can't believe they'd turn on one of their own like that.***

Jul 2, 2012, 5:49 PM [ in reply to you pissed off the ghey faction ]

girls will be girls.***

Jul 2, 2012, 5:50 PM

Sorry but no excuse for Bozo the Clown. He was reactive

Jul 2, 2012, 5:06 PM

rather than proactive. If he didn't have all of #### college football change on him--he would not have done a #### thing except make sure basketball was all good for this year.

I didn't make any excuse for him.

Jul 2, 2012, 5:55 PM

I don't think the fact that the ACC sucks ### has anything to do with this except we got a better shake than I expected.

You can't make chicken salad out of chickenchit but at least we got some mayo and pickles to smear in now.

Can't stand the guy but hanging onto the Orange Bowl was

Jul 2, 2012, 6:41 PM

a big win!

Re: Can't stand the guy but hanging onto the Orange Bowl was

Jul 2, 2012, 6:48 PM

Swofford did an amazing job since he is selling an inferior product that is light years behind as a whole.

Swofford managed to keep the ACC relevant in football when the results in bowl games, the BCS and major out of conference games show the ACC is no better than 5th and some years 6th best in quality.

I have no idea why you guys hate him when what he accomplished was a miracle in keeping the ACC relevant. In actuality the ACC is not that much better, when comparing on the field performance, than the Mountain West or Big East.

######, I thought you meant...

Jul 2, 2012, 7:59 PM

Let the touchdowns rain down in the Valley this year. Boyd, Ellington, Watkins, Hopkins... Too many weapons!

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: You asked for it, you got it!!

Jul 2, 2012, 9:41 PM

Toyota!!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic