Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another asian hate crime
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Another asian hate crime

Mar 30, 2021, 10:26 AM

https://twitter.com/CeFaanKim/status/1376698713582796804?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a real problem in this country of black racism

Mar 30, 2021, 10:58 AM

against Asians. I wonder why the news hasn't covered it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every ####### time, someone declares it's not being reported

Mar 30, 2021, 11:13 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/30/asian-american-attack-newyork-condo/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every ####### time, someone declares it's not being reported

Mar 30, 2021, 11:19 AM

Behind a pay wall - can't see it...

Was it a black dude?

And, is the guy in the store a security guard? Looks like there might be a patch on his jacket.

W T F ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides, the point is this is a buried story, not front page

Mar 30, 2021, 11:22 AM

and not relentlessly hammered on every tv show.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you want it to be on the news like that?***

Mar 30, 2021, 11:25 AM

Re: Besides, the point is this is a buried story, not front page

Mar 30, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Besides, the point is this is a buried story, not front page ]

This is not a buried story. It was one of the main stories on CNN today. You live in an alternative universe.

No one watches cnn anymore....***

Mar 30, 2021, 11:43 AM

Re: No one watches cnn anymore....***

Mar 3, 2020, 6:14 PM

MSNBC as well, which is the most watched network at the moment, It's mainstream news and not hidden.

Re: Besides, the point is this is a buried story, not front page

Mar 30, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Besides, the point is this is a buried story, not front page ]

This is what we refer to as stage 2 of the "they're not reporting it" nonsense. The comeback is: "It's being reported, sure, but not the right way."

The people who make these arguments never learn the facts before getting them wrong, and they don't seem to care how dumb they look, which is because, and I'm just speculating here, they're dumb.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strawman argument. The truth is plain as day - these media

Mar 30, 2021, 11:42 AM

outlets use these stories as well as page 14 retractions as a way to cover their ###. So when I say they aren't reporting on it, I'm right. I don't care if they have one story about it, that's not the #### point. And you know that.

Re: Strawman argument. The truth is plain as day - these media

Mar 30, 2021, 11:49 AM

Hey, we get it, you invent your facts out of thin air. You don't need to prove it over and over.

Re: Every ####### time, someone declares it's not being reported

Mar 30, 2021, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Every ####### time, someone declares it's not being reported ]

You can rest assured the assailant was definitely black, because xtiger never posts videos of white offenders. I didn't even check this time, but I guarantee it.

Here are some more examples of stories CharlesTom missed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/nyregion/attack-asian-woman-midtown.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/asian-woman-beaten-new-york-city-man-unconscious-attack-subway-hate-crime/

https://6abc.com/asian-hate-crimes-new-york-attack-360-w-43rd-st-manhattan/10458808/

https://www.newsweek.com/asian-american-woman-attacked-viral-video-prompts-nyc-hate-crime-probe-1579708

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-anti-asian-hate-crime-midtown-20210330-3wgi7hk5pjd6vmnh6p4nqqnh5m-story.html

Feel free to post some white on asian violence

Mar 30, 2021, 12:20 PM

We’ll wait ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ehhhhhhh

Mar 30, 2021, 12:30 PM

I can think of one fairly prominent recent example

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clips from Karate Kid movies do not count***

Mar 30, 2021, 12:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK

Mar 30, 2021, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Feel free to post some white on asian violence ]

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/03/17/elderly-asian-woman-beats-up-man-attacking-her-in-san-francisco/

Re: Another asian hate crime

Mar 30, 2021, 11:26 AM

That's awful. It has been mainly black people attacking Asians. Some Trumptards seem to be verbally assaulting the Asians, but the overall physical violence has been coming from black people. It's nuts.

Why does it matter what the melanin concentration

Mar 30, 2021, 11:28 AM

in the perpetrator's skin is?

Re: Why does it matter what the melanin concentration

Mar 30, 2021, 11:34 AM

Because it shows what is going on in certain communities. It's surprising to me actually. It matters completely. It's just odd that in the African American communities in big cities that there is this anti Asian problem going around that wasn't such an issue until the last year or two. It's just reality. I love all races, but it's just reality. I am not knocking anyone's skin color. I am just commenting on the obvious.

Wouldn't that be more about the location

Mar 30, 2021, 11:38 AM

in which the perpetrator lives, not their skin color? Like, my community has people of all sorts of colors. If people in my community seemed to be committing a lot of crimes, then it's a geography issue of some kind, not a skin color issue.

Maybe find out if there's some kind of community leader that is a bad influence.

Re: Wouldn't that be more about the location

Mar 30, 2021, 11:50 AM

No not even slightly. It's a problem with black people vs Asians in certain communities. It's that simple. I am not going to have this stupid conversation with you. It's too retarded. If you don't want to see the obvious. It's all good.

Because it's being reported that the attacks are the fault

Mar 30, 2021, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Why does it matter what the melanin concentration ]

of the previous administration - and blaming it on white supremacy. So it is important to note that many of the attacks have nothing to do with either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not reporting. That's opinion-giving.

Mar 30, 2021, 9:45 AM

I'd recommend changing the channel.

I can't - that opinion came from the White House.***

Mar 30, 2021, 2:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then I'd consider voting for a different President.***

Mar 30, 2021, 2:57 PM

You lost me. I thought we were talking about why it

Mar 30, 2021, 2:59 PM

was important to mention skin color - because it's being portrayed by the media (and the WH) that Asian attacks are Trump's fault (and his racist supporters).

I don't think it's important for anyone to mention

Mar 30, 2021, 3:34 PM

skin color, including them. I summarily ignore it if someone talks about it. I wish others would, too.

I'd love to ignore race too. But I also like to stay

Mar 30, 2021, 6:10 PM

up-to-date on the state of our country. And race seems to be a big part of what is going on right now. Supposed racism is being used to shape legislation as we speak. I recommend you pay more attention to it.

All of you surprised people......

Mar 30, 2021, 2:55 PM

It’s like you never watched Menace II Society.

WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT MY MAMA????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic