Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ze'Vian Capers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Ze'Vian Capers

Jan 29, 2019, 10:21 AM

Looks like SCar has made some progress with Capers. Anyone know any details? A heavy Clemson lean about a week ago.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Thank you, next" - Jeff Elliot

Jan 29, 2019, 10:22 AM

Our staff has moved on to bigger and much better prospects. Our WR board consists of Fleming, Jarrett, Williams, Henderson, and Lambert.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: "Thank you, next" - Jeff Elliot

Jan 29, 2019, 10:25 AM

This was my first thought too. Hopefully we can get those guys. Have to think that Ladson and Ngata coming in has to play some kind of role as well.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Thank you, next" - Jeff Elliot

Jan 29, 2019, 10:41 AM

He knew Ladson and Ngata were coming while he was still loving the Clemson offer.

I think this is strictly a good news situation for our 2020 class. At this point though it only means we are chasing bigger fish. We haven't caught any yet.

It likely means...

Jan 29, 2019, 11:01 AM

the staff likes the position they’re in for Lambert, Jarrett, Fleming, and Williams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sounds familiar...***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:08 AM

Lower end target on our board now ***

Jan 29, 2019, 10:23 AM

CB’s shifting on Hyatt too

Jan 29, 2019, 10:27 AM

Think that means we’re putting those 2 on the back burner because they like the position they’re in for Lambert, Jarrett, Fleming, and Williams.

Re: CB’s shifting on Hyatt too

Jan 29, 2019, 10:35 AM

Capers also slow walked his talk about our offer and we moved on to better targets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will go to Virginia Tech.***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to CB’s shifting on Hyatt too ]

Re: Ze'Vian Capers

Jan 29, 2019, 10:42 AM

Think we have limited spots at that position and there are some other higher priorities that we are pursuing

I've read 2 WRs.***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:08 AM

We'll have one graduate, 2 likely to declare and possibly

Jan 29, 2019, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Ze'Vian Capers ]

2 others move on for the their 5th year elsewhere..

Not saying it will happen that way,not saying I'd like it to happen that way, that's just the reality of the situation.

Even if that happens, Capers is so far down the board, he's no longer a take. He should have committed when offered.

you know what I call a SCar receiver?

Jan 29, 2019, 10:44 AM

a backup DB at Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 10:57 AM

Capers is a very good WR or we would not have offered him earlier but there are bigger fish ready to take the appealing bait Clemson offers. The Gamecocks benefit from our elite recruiting because they can get those recruits who do not come to Clemson. I don't refer to the recruits as rejects because they are talented in their own right. Doty is another example of our recruiting QBs higher on our board, Several WRs currently on the Gamecock roster were excellent players and would have committed to Clemson, but, again, we had others higher on our board, Ross being one of those.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 11:17 AM

^^^^ THIS!!!

I tried to convince a coot I know that it is better for their program for Clemson to keep winning national titles because it means Clemson will get the nationally elite recruits and it will leave more really solid players locally for them to sign.

I told him this would keep them in front of Vandy, Kentucky, and Tenn and it would help them be able to compete against the other bigger names in their conference.

The look on his face when he realized I was right looked like he was going to throw up. He never would admit it verbally though.

If Clemson didn't sign Higgins and Rodgers then we would likely have Shi Smith and Brian Edwards.

That would cripple scar's offense.

I'm sure there are more examples that are less obvious as well.

He wasn't invited last weekend...

Jan 29, 2019, 10:57 AM

Since he wasn't prepared to commit when first offered the staff has now moved on to other higher priority targets.

As has been the case for the last seveal years, Clemson continues to feast at the head table while u of 5c has to settle for Clemson's leftovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If you're a 3*, you should accept Clemson offer immediately***

Jan 29, 2019, 11:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic