Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Solution to 10+ ticket situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Solution to 10+ ticket situation

Dec 15, 2017, 9:33 PM

Make people provide a name for each pair on the application and pick up at will call. Any issues? This should stop the people buying just for reselling.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why is that a problem?

Dec 15, 2017, 9:35 PM

If some 1 gets 10 tiks...they donate a lot to iptay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Why is that a problem?

Dec 15, 2017, 9:37 PM

They should have 10 people that need tickets and should have no problem providing names right?

Dec 15, 2017, 9:47 PM

No, they give more money so have a right to more tickets.

We want these fancy buildings, fancy coaches and 5 star players but don’t understand where that money comes from? Can’t have it both ways. Would you prefer 8 win seasons and everyone who donates anything get tickets?

If they need 10 tickets that's perfectly fine

Dec 15, 2017, 9:53 PM

It's the people that immediately have them posted for sale that is bothering me and most people I would imagine. I want orange in the seats that give to IPTAY. Not resold.

Re: If they need 10 tickets that's perfectly fine

Dec 15, 2017, 10:21 PM

If people give 6 figures to Iptay they can do whatever the hell they want with their tickets as far as I'm concerned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t give 6 figures...

Dec 15, 2017, 10:53 PM

But if I buy a ticket to any game, I can do whatever I want with it because I own it.

Dec 16, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: If they need 10 tickets that's perfectly fine ]

Explain that to my grandchildren. They will sit home cause somebody only bought tickets to sell them. I have given for years all I could afford. Have 343 points only get 4 tickets

Dec 16, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: If they need 10 tickets that's perfectly fine ]

If someone gives 6 figures to IPTAY, I highly doubt they are in the Ticket resale business.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2017, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is that a problem? ]

agreed. folks give the $$$.. they should get the perks. but i would look at one caveat- the # of bowl tix you order can't exceed the number of season tix you order. your point level makes you eligible to order 10, but you only bought 8 season tix.. so you can order 8 bowl tix. certainly, there have been (and will be again) bowl games where we couldn't sell all our tix. you may have to make adjustments once in a while. but matching season tix numbers to bowl tix numbers makes sense to me

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 9:08 AM

Yeah I would like that I have 10 season tickets and am a life member but can only get 4 national championship tickets

You have to contribute over $375,000 to get ten tickets. I

Dec 15, 2017, 9:50 PM

doubt they are going to be sold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have to contribute over $375,000 to get ten tickets. I

Dec 15, 2017, 9:52 PM

No one donating at those levels is concerned about flipping a ticket for profit

who says those people are reselling their tickets?***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:53 PM

Re: who says those people are reselling their tickets?***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:55 PM

Nobody. So there should be no problem with will call right?

Re: who says those people are reselling their tickets?***

Dec 15, 2017, 9:56 PM [ in reply to who says those people are reselling their tickets?*** ]

Common sense

Re: Solution to 10+ ticket situation

Dec 15, 2017, 9:55 PM

So a person that donates 500.00 is eligible for the same amount of tickets that someone that pays 2,00-15,000

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 15, 2017, 10:01 PM

Well I donated double this year And got four season tickets but zero championship tickets this year. I got two from iptay last two years. It’s ######## and no, not eveybody that gets ten Tickets are big donors , some are living off great great great granddads points. Sorry a better system should allow more people a chance to go

Sounds morbid but somebody should go through the old accts

Dec 15, 2017, 10:16 PM

and verify the dude is still alive. There are Life Donors from before they phased that out, but I hear WAY too many people talking about “their family’s seats in Death Valley” for x number of generations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I've been in IPTAY over 30 years...

Dec 15, 2017, 10:17 PM

and I'm only getting four tickets.

It's better than zero but nearly as many as I needed.

Oh well...someone will be watching from the couch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 15, 2017, 10:24 PM

Its disappointing. I have 4 lower level season tickets, pay more to Iptay than what is required for the seats and parking I use, yet I can only get 2 Championship tickets? Not sure what is the best way to do this, but I'd really like the 4 tickets for my family.

Also, why do schools only get 20,000 tickets? Clemson fans alone will fill up 60k seats. I guess its all about the money.

As far as perks for mega donors, I know some (unfortunately, I'm not one). Most tickets are given away to friends, clients, etc. Great thing to do, but maybe when it comes to Bowl games, there should be a 4 ticket limit. If you can donate a half million or more a year to Iptay (and there are those that do), you can afford to buy tickets on-line and give more Clemson Iptay donors a chance to carry their whole family to the games. Just saying!.

High level donors should get more tickets than others

Dec 16, 2017, 8:29 AM

Why would they not?

You can reduce high donors to 6 tickets. But that would push the mid level donors down to 2 from 6. And, in that scenario, regular donors would get none.

Life ain't equal. Those that have given more should get more. The fact that you can have 1 IPTAY point and get 2 tickets to Semi is pretty fair, in my opinion. Only 40 IPTAY points to get 2 for Natty.

So is 10 tickets for big donors.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: High level donors should get more tickets than others

Dec 16, 2017, 9:54 AM

Actually it was 16 points for semi.

The last for playoff games they allocated everybody at least 2 tickets. They could had done the same this year to if they wanted. They just adjust the levels accordingly. We had less tickets to Tampa and high demand.

Very simple math problem to ensure everyone gets something. They will turn the younger donors off . These are the ones that have many more years to give.

Dec 16, 2017, 10:15 AM

If you need tickets, go on-line and buy the ones ITPAY donors are selling. As the game draws closer they will be selling for a little over face value and the money you saved by not donating enough to get 10 tickets will pay for them.

Tickets for natty won't be anywhere near face value

Dec 16, 2017, 10:37 AM

as game time approaches. If CU vs. Dawgs it will be the most expensive ever for natty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Solution to 10+ ticket situation ]

What world are you living in? Didn't you see prices last year? Cheapest on stubhub right now are around $2000. When we win on the 1st they are going higher.

I have a “solution “. Quit being a whiny #####.

Dec 16, 2017, 10:42 AM

People with that many points deserve everything they get and more. Those are the people that fund the bulk of the scholarships, leave endowments, pay for naming rights on everything. They are the ones we cheer for during breaks in the game for donating gazillions of $ to Clemson. They have been doing this for decades even when we’ve sucked.

Without these donors we would not have the program we all enjoy today. We wouldn’t have a football complex with a slide. We wouldn’t be able to afford our awesome coaches. You should be thanking them rather than bitching about how many tickets they can buy. Were you complaining about how many Russell Athletic Bowl tickets they could buy years ago? No. Because you only care when it’s the “Natty”.

I wish I could get more tickets but my 114 points I’ve accrued over 18 years pales in comparison to what these people have done.

I say “thank you” to the big donors.

My $0.02.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic