Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today I will become a Tiger by blood.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Today I will become a Tiger by blood.

May 7, 2016, 7:30 AM
image.jpeg(117.6 K)

4 short years ago, my daughter sweet Melissa Hayden Potter enrolled in Clemson on a Palmetto Fellow scholarship. Even as a child, she was driven towards Excellence. She has not had the typical college career. At 22 years old, her curfew has been 6:30 pm because Hayden is a Live In RM for 3 Clemson Life students. Hayden has sacrificed her time to take an active roll helping others day to day. Hayden was accepted into Vanderbuilt for her Masters in Special Education. She has declined and will be employed as a Resource teacher at Easley High. I recommended she get her Masters now but she declined. She told me she needed to get in a classroom now to help change others now!

At 2:00 she will walk across the stage and get her Diploma. She will graduate Top 3% of all Clemson students.
Suma cume Laude. 3.96 GPA! My heart is happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Today I will become a Tiger by blood.

May 7, 2016, 7:32 AM

She sounds cute. Pics of 22 year old Hayden?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrats

May 7, 2016, 7:35 AM

And she's in a good place to work on her masters as she goes

Best of both

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Your daughter obviously was special long before

May 7, 2016, 7:36 AM

she sought the Special Education degree! Easley High is fortunate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulatins! You too have a special daughter.***

May 7, 2016, 7:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations

May 7, 2016, 7:58 AM

Wishing Her The Best

GO TIGERS!!!

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

May 7, 2016, 8:22 AM

Excellent choice , and she sounds like a kid with a great upbringing . Congrats!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 7, 2016, 8:39 AM

Great story and I know you are going to be a very proud mother on Mother's Day! Congratulations and best wishes to your daughter and her new adventure!

Father not mother

May 7, 2016, 10:11 AM

?? Thumbs up anyway

Great respect for all teachers, counsellors & educators

May 7, 2016, 8:54 AM

Especially those that help the special needs. Their work is a cornerstone to"make America great again". They should be compensated better.

May 7, 2016, 9:52 AM

Congrats!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 7, 2016, 10:03 AM

Outstanding. What a special young lady. I can't imagine all of the wonderful things she has already experienced just working with the Life program

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

What a wonderful young daughter you have!

May 7, 2016, 10:05 AM

Congrats to her and the entire family!

May God Bless her as she helps make this world a better place. She's a special person and we need more individuals like her.

Thanks for sharing her story. You did a fine job raising her.

~JKB

Cap and Gown pic

May 7, 2016, 10:22 AM
image.jpeg(1,000.0 K)

ha..Baby & Grad pics both show a Beauty with a twinkle in the eye!

May 7, 2016, 11:21 AM

Love that pic in front of Tillman, where i graduated in august 1966 due to missing the Earlier one in amphitheater due to breaking my hip in January in a snow fall while delivering my sports article to The Tiger student newspaper office at the Loggia.

CONGRATS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck Clemson Grad of 2016. My daughter was in the 2015 class.

May 8, 2016, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Cap and Gown pic ]

I know you will accomplish great things in your life. Congrats and good luck with your future. I pray that you get your Masters in the near future.

Adorable!***

May 7, 2016, 11:28 AM

May 7, 2016, 11:34 AM

Congrats to Mom, Dad and your very special daughter. She is obviously a very caring person who is dedicating her life to helping others. You have a right to be extremely proud.

Congratulations to everyone involved!***

May 7, 2016, 11:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats to her! and you!

May 7, 2016, 12:22 PM

Great that she was involved with Clemson Life program!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's great, congrats and best of luck to her!***

May 7, 2016, 1:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Congratulations. You have every reason to be proud.***

May 8, 2016, 5:14 AM

Re: Congratulations. You have every reason to be proud.***

May 8, 2016, 6:16 PM

No doubt raised by great parents.

You have every reason to be proud. I have a daughter who

May 8, 2016, 8:36 AM

teaches special needs children and it can be both challenging and extremely rewarding. Wishing your daughter much success!

Congrats to your daughter and all of your family!

May 8, 2016, 11:40 AM

I too think she should get her masters now but I will keep her in my prayers that she will get it sometime in the near future. And I am very impressed with her dedication to help others.

+10

May 8, 2016, 5:47 PM

It's people like your daughter that make the world wonderful!

I've been a Clemson fan for 50 years, my grandson walked the stage yesterday too, it seems to make it official that I am indeed "A Clemson Man!"

May 8, 2016, 6:05 PM

Congratulations! From one special educator to another, tell her to get her Master's now. Don't put it off. She can do it while teaching, Proud to welcome another Tiger to my profession!

There is something in these hills

May 8, 2016, 11:30 PM

There is something in these hills..... Her desire to get busy and give back says it all. Good for you both.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic