Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You can't be Duke-UVa during week and Clemson on Sat. - Billy Davis, 2011
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,294

You can't be Duke-UVa during week and Clemson on Sat. - Billy Davis, 2011

Dec 10, 2015, 9:06 AM

All,

With Clemson having such a historic season, I thought it would be interesting to go back in time a few years and get an idea of just how far the program has come.

After the loss to South Florida in the Charlotte bowl in late 2010, I had an opportunity to interview former Tiger Billy Davis on the old radio show on WCCP. This was at the height of the controversy that was brewing over admissions standards for athletes at Clemson.

Billy was then, and was up until just a couple of months ago, the head of the Vice-Presidential Detail for the U.S. Secret Service. He has since retired. He played on the 1981 National Championship team, and was one of more than 20 players off that squad to play in the NFL.

Mickey Plyler gets all the credit for his consistent hammering of the AARC day in and day out, exposing evidence of the divide that was growing between academics and athletics.

This interview just helped drive home Mickey's point. This is the interview where Billy says "you can't be Duke or UVa Monday-Friday, and Clemson on Saturday." It was without question the interview that brought the most response in the entire 11 years I did the daily show. I still get people asking about it today, nearly five years later.

The link is below. It's about a 6-7 minute portion of the interview that gets right to the heart of the matter. Hope you enjoy. I miss the daily interaction with you folks. It's been fun watching this run from a distance.

Have a blessed day!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rh7dhd1rxbibmu/Billy%20Davis%20Interview%20Clip%202011.mp3?dl=0

Message was edited by: WriterDan33®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't be Duke-UVa during week and Clemson on Sat. - Billy Davis, 2011

Dec 10, 2015, 12:22 PM

Headline change

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,294
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic