Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Jeff Davis: Still Winning Championships
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Jeff Davis: Still Winning Championships

Jan 8, 2016, 3:42 PM

Jeff Davis: Still Winning Championships

Jeff Davis is still a champion, and he wants current Clemson players to know that they are champions in life, regardless if they win or loss Monday night’s National Championship game. Davis, the captain of Clemson's 1981 National Championship team, was inducted into the Ring of Honor in 1995. He was a first-team All-American in 1981 when he led the Tigers in tackles. Davis was also named MVP of the ACC and was the defensive MVP of the Orange Bowl victory over Nebraska, the game that clinched the national title for the Tigers.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Jeff Davis: Still Winning Championships

Jan 8, 2016, 3:49 PM

STANDING OVATION!!!!

THE JUDGE.....he remains the best pure football player

Jan 8, 2016, 3:52 PM

I have ever seen with a Paw on his helmet, period. Those youngsters who never saw him play, I wish you would have. We have better, bigger, faster, stronger athletes these days but #45 would be our starting ILB today if he was 21 again and he would beast out putting his face mask in folks' teeth all day long. I do not live in the past and I can name only a few from back then who would start today IMO. The JUDGE is the best of them all along with Terry Kinard, #99 Jeff Bryant, Rembert, and Fridge from '81's defense who would start today IMO. #45 was a true killer in those days and what a class act he is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach it, brother!***

Jan 8, 2016, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2016, 3:59 PM

Very impressive.

'bout the best, most insightful article I've seen

Jan 8, 2016, 4:03 PM

from an obviously very wise and seasoned man in Mr. Davis. Most of your articles are banal and the first thirty percent of them is repetitive factoids that everyone knows, but this was a good one. Kudos.

Jan 8, 2016, 4:04 PM

JF is a great one. We are lucky to have him where he is with the program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One name - JESUS!***

Jan 8, 2016, 4:06 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You called him "Jeff"?

Jan 8, 2016, 4:25 PM

Pretty sure he wants you to call him "Mister".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2016, 5:37 PM

Great player, greater man. Listen to him kids. He'll get you there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only was Jeff the best then. he is the best now

Jan 8, 2016, 6:07 PM

He's a humble leader of men and our legacy isn't what we do, it's what the guys that come along behind us do. Jeff is more of a champion now than he ever was then.

Deshaun and Jeff have that huge quality to be humble no matter how big the situation. That calm dominate Tiger lives in both of them, they rise to the occasion and perform with humility an a winners edge the more they are challenged.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

THE JUDGE

Jan 8, 2016, 7:31 PM

was the epitome of excellence on the field. He was a leader, a head hunter, and he was the Captain, no maybe the General, of that team. What a fine football player and now a man he is.

Proud of JD and what he means to Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THE JUDGE

Jan 8, 2016, 11:32 PM

He was a good one for sure...remember the year well. I remember Homer Jordan playing his heart out and he had to have glucose after the game because he was so dehydrated.

Can't find anyone who is picking Clemson to win. I believe in our guys and we may surprise some people. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!

BE...BELIEVE and EXECUTE. Love my Tigers!!!!! Bring it home Tigers!!!!!!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic