Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So happy for Brownell, and happy to eat crow.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

So happy for Brownell, and happy to eat crow.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:20 PM

I have been extremely critical of Brownell as a coach in recent years. I didn't think he was getting the job done, and I was ready for Clemson to move in another direction. I also had low expectations, based on my history as a faithful, long-suffering Clemson basketball fan, for this basketball team. I am happy to report, that once again, it looks like I was wrong. I never questioned Brownell's heart or integrity, I was only looking at results. I know he's one of the good guys, and he's done it the right way here at Clemson. Nobody deserves success more than he does, and I hope he takes this exciting young team that he has built and goes all the way, in spite of dolts like me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: So happy for Brownell, and happy to eat crow.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:22 PM

One down, - a bunch more poasters to go??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I should have qualified all of that. Still obvious

Dec 12, 2020, 11:28 PM

that this team is a little different than anything Brownell has had thus far. Or at least I think so at this point.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Good win tonight

Dec 12, 2020, 11:33 PM

Bama had very active hands on D. Loved to see how we annihilated their press at the end. And our depth is really the big difference I notice between this team and most other Tiger squads over the years. Lots of contributors. I think we’ll have a very fun season (fingers crossed that the season can be played through)!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good win tonight

Dec 12, 2020, 11:39 PM

I distinctly remember against Maryland a very knowledgeable poster confirming Brad still has not tought this team how to break a press ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good win tonight

Dec 13, 2020, 3:54 AM

Brad must be a quick teacher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 12, 2020, 11:38 PM

I think that speaks for many. I'm really happy for judge Keller as well. He loves him some Tiger bball...

Go Tigers. Exciting team to watch. Should continue to gel as a team.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2020, 12:24 AM

I wanted him gone 3 years ago and I’m starting to believe I might have been wrong.
This season is very early but if you look closely over the last 3 years improvement has been made.
That’s all I really ask for and evidently if it keeps happening a special year happens.
This could be that season

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2020, 12:37 AM

Your best post ever.

Dec 13, 2020, 12:25 AM

I am very glad to read this.

But frankly, the season is young, and many things can go wrong. The question will be: when they do, how will you think then?

This team hasn't just impressed me by winning, but by how they have done it.

Holding Bama to 70% of their scoring average, on 30% shooting and 14% from 3? Holding their starting trio of Guards to 23 instead of 43?

Overcoming 21 turnovers, foul trouble across the board, FT shooting under 50%, and losing our best scorer by halftime?

Yeah, an ugly but impressive win.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:59 AM

Finish .500 above in acc then maybe! Playing good now but it is Brownell! Tough d so far but his past proves can’t finish good!

Yeah, that Sweet 16 season sure was a bad finish.***

Dec 13, 2020, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yeah, that Sweet 16 season sure was a bad finish.***

Dec 13, 2020, 9:47 AM

One lucky season 10 bad understand u are the sunshine pumper but he’s done nothing !

Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:41 PM

He has the all-time record for total wins as well as ACC winning percentage. He is the only coach to win in Chapel Hill. He is highly respected by his peers, he runs a clean program, and has achieved record academic performance and graduation rates.

Our Sweet 16 season wasn’t “lucky.” In fact, it was unlucky because we lost arguably our best player (Grantham) during the season. But we still made it one of our best seasons in program history.

Even if you can’t respect those accomplishments, you should at least be able to acknowledge the fact that we are off to a great start this year. What’s wrong with enjoying the ride? You are a Clemson basketball fan, right?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:45 PM

Clemson bb fan but not a Brownell fan !! Off to a good start yes but we shall see the finish!
You have to admit he should and would have been fired years ago had we not won national champ in football!

Dec 13, 2020, 8:49 PM

That’s the dumbest post I’ve ever read.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:54 PM

????????

Dec 13, 2020, 9:21 PM

I’m positive of it. How in the hell do you make that post, sober or not and make sense of it?

I’m still in shock from the stupid.

Dec 13, 2020, 9:53 PM

Browne ll sucks he’s made it to ncaa s one time? He should have been fired years ago and d rad gave him an extension ! Tell you what if he makes ncaa s this year I may change my mind but how many years past have his teams started out great before January only to not even go .500 in acc?

Dec 13, 2020, 10:11 PM

Don’t respond if you are having a stroke. We’ll send help.

Dec 14, 2020, 3:57 AM

You are ###### send help to Brownell

Dec 15, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history. ]

Acc lost ho hum

First of all, Brownell doesn't suck.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history. ]

Second, he's made two NCAA Tournaments, not one.

Third, he got an extension because it's obvious to many people that he's an excellent coach who has made do with limited resources. Now that he has better facilities (no longer among the worst in the ACC) and has been able to make the coaching hires he wants (rather than being restricted by a low budget for staff positions), recruiting has improved. Our top 25 class for 2020 is an excellent one, and arguably the best class we've had in the last 30 years.

I realize that none of this information is going to change your mind, because you're unwilling to see beyond your own (ignorant) opinion. Carry on.

Re: First of all, Brownell doesn't suck.

Dec 15, 2020, 8:46 PM

Typical brownell team against acc! Get rid of him !

Dec 15, 2020, 8:53 PM

Lol, says the coot WBB aficionado from Cola, ??

Dec 15, 2020, 8:56 PM

Wrong as always! We won’t win 8 acc games this year! Prove me wrong with that crap you saw tonight ! We

You won’t be around...

Dec 15, 2020, 9:15 PM

With this username, at least, to shame you.

Dec 13, 2020, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history. ]

Dude, you can stop now.

Once you say, " I'm not a fan of the most successful coach we've ever had because I want to use a 40-year old measuring stick (# of Big Dance appearances)", you have no hope of improving your case.

Football had nothing to do with it.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Brownell is the winningest coach in Clemson basketball history. ]

Brad took over a program with issues, and he also needed improved facilities and approval from the athletic department for additional staff hires. As I'm sure you know, as a Clemson basketball fan, he didn't get those until well into his tenure. No reasonable AD is going to fire a coach he knows hasn't had what he needs to be successful.

Dec 13, 2020, 9:36 AM

I have happily had to eat some crow this season as well. The improvements have been there but I didn’t expect them to take the next step under Brownell.

Happy to be wrong. Multiple times this year the team went cold and easily could have folded. Every game so far not only did they not fold they ramped it up and when on scoring drives to blow the game out. I know it’s early but we have some very quality wins so far and I think we will do well in the ACC.

Dec 13, 2020, 1:12 PM

I have watched a majority of Brownell's home games and I can't remember once him playing so how did he fold down the stretch.

Dec 13, 2020, 1:19 PM

For not other reason, other than we have stayed out of trouble (NCAA sanction, Paying players, shady agent deals, adidas-gate, tons of transfers), I figured we'd always be at a disadvantage until a lot of that was cleaned up. With that, I was willing to give a little more leeway.

If a lot of these powerhouses would get the hammer from the NCAA, and the agents were put behind bars and the kids losing eligibility would start to happen, I'd like to think we'll get better in the future.

Dec 13, 2020, 8:27 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Since the shoe companies and AAU fiascoes, I am wondering if clean coaches like Coach Brownell can now recruit on a more even level. I loved his post game comments last night, basically telling Simms if he can't stay out of foul trouble, he has two young bigs who can get it done.

Dec 13, 2020, 2:29 PM

Always enjoy and appreciate your insight smiling tiger even when I don’t agree with you on some things I can always understand your perspective

Cheers! Still a long season ahead of us

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmm

Dec 13, 2020, 4:13 PM

I have always pulled for him and I’m cautiously optimistic, but it seems like there is always some excuse with Clemson BB. We still have these bizarre droughts where we look lost that let teams back in the game but otherwise have looked great.

I’ll hold my crow eating until we get to ACC play and then will happily do so if this continues. Getting off the snide in Chapel Hole bought him lots of grace from me but he has a long way to go.

Re: Hmm

Dec 13, 2020, 8:29 PM

The way our conference schedule is set up is brutal. We got no favors from the league. Many of our home games against the weaker teams not until very end of season.

I feel the same way, met Dabo and Brownell once

Dec 14, 2020, 11:55 AM

at a fundraiser. Both of them were so nice to my wife and me. Both were asking her about Colombia (where she is from). I am glad he is able to get it done this year. He really is a great guy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently very few of the posters saw tonight's game

Dec 15, 2020, 8:53 PM

against VT. Trapp was probably in the game because Trapp, not BB, said so. I could have missed that 3 as good as Trapp.

You been sitting here for 2 days waiting to blow up this post...

Dec 15, 2020, 9:13 PM

I’ve seen your others posts as well. We had an off night. Missed lots of open looks and got beat on the boards. Yet, the “fans” come out of the woodworks when we lose!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You been sitting here for 2 days waiting to blow up this post...

Dec 15, 2020, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Apparently very few of the posters saw tonight's game ]

I’ve seen your others posts as well. We had an off night. Missed lots of open looks and got beat on the boards. Yet, the “fans” come out of the woodworks when we lose!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic