Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Remember when politics wasn't tied to EVERYTHING.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Remember when politics wasn't tied to EVERYTHING.

Apr 7, 2021, 9:35 AM

I miss those days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let me help you with something

Apr 7, 2021, 9:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Savage...***

Apr 7, 2021, 9:56 AM

We have political viruses and weather.

Apr 7, 2021, 9:52 AM

One day there may even be a political meteor, or volcano. We have political airlines, and political sports. Such a wonderful time to be Murican.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironic our former American Pastime is bowing to the new.***

Apr 7, 2021, 10:02 AM

Re: We have political viruses and weather.

Apr 7, 2021, 10:25 AM [ in reply to We have political viruses and weather. ]

I may have you confused, but aren't you the one that had been saying for nearly a decade, screw climate change and the national debt, it will be viruses that take us out? maybe I am thinking of someone else, I used to drink a lot.

Anyway, political meteors and Volcanos sound bad, I hope you are wrong this itme.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I was the one.

Apr 7, 2021, 11:15 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Heres-something-that-scares-me-more-than-climate-change-26780354

Not the national debt, but definitely a virus/pandemic. If you asked me to bet on which would be a crisis first, the national debt or a pandemic, I would have gone with the odds and said national debt. But if you ask me which thing will ultimately kill off more humans, climate change or a pandemic, I'd say pandemic, definitely.

Here....read at this article from 2019...where they predicted between 2030 and 2040, up to 250,000 people may die each year, WORLDWIDE, from climate change. At least 2.8 million people have died from covid in the past year, worldwide, and twice that number in the US in the past year. Which was the point I was making. We will be culled by mother nature long before we screw up the planet.

https://www.livescience.com/64535-climate-change-health-deaths.html

My point in the OP was that it's laughable how much we attribute to politics these days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I was the one.

Apr 7, 2021, 11:22 AM

In the effort at full disclosure

Apr 7, 2021, 12:16 PM

Some of the leftists were not satisfied with that death count from the WHO, so they revised it upward, to 529,000, again WORLDWIDE, by 2050.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(15)01156-3/fulltext

Just to be clear...

Apr 7, 2021, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Yes, I was the one. ]

"We will be culled by mother nature long before we screw up the planet."

Do you see these things as different?

I see us as part of nature, not above it.

Apr 7, 2021, 8:03 PM

As much as we'd like to think we are, we are not. We've done some miraculous things in the past 150 years, but in the grand scheme of things, we will suffer the same fate of every other animal who has a population chart that looks like this:

So they occur at the same time, yes?

Apr 7, 2021, 11:07 PM

Our destruction of the planet is exactly what will cause "mother nature" to destroy us. Right?

Did dinosaurs destroy the planet?

Apr 7, 2021, 11:20 PM

No.***

Apr 7, 2021, 11:45 PM

Politics has always been tied to everything

Apr 7, 2021, 12:37 PM

Politics tied to racial integration of NCAA and professional sports. Back in the day it was a huge political issue. There were many folks back then saying to keep politics out of sports too.

Anit-war... most notable is Ali protesting Vietnam war.

US Boycotting Moscow Olympics because of politics and USSR returning the favor four years later.

Politics is tied to everything. Just like sex, money, and power are as well to some level.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you let politicians live rent free in your head***

Apr 7, 2021, 12:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you let politicians live rent free in your head***

Apr 8, 2021, 2:46 PM

I do. But not because I'm thinking about them. I just know that politics is everywhere and always has been and will be. Hell, even in t-ball there is politics involved. It is like oxygen. I know it's there but I don't pay attention to it unless it impacts me directly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reality, itself, has been politicized now

Apr 7, 2021, 4:10 PM

Not sure where we go from here/there but it probably won't be good.

Perception has equaled reality forever.

Apr 8, 2021, 12:12 AM

Nothing has changed with reality, it’s just easier than ever now to manipulate perception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a finer point to put on it.

Apr 8, 2021, 1:41 AM

I wish some would understand that manipulation and see through it.

Reality like...

Apr 8, 2021, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Reality, itself, has been politicized now ]

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic