Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yes Coots, we cheated.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Yes Coots, we cheated.

Feb 2, 2017, 5:05 PM

We have an unfair advantage. We have a tradition that involves more than fire extinguishers, a chicken in a skirt, and a song from an old movie. We have the foothills and a lake instead of a run-down industrial zone. Facilities second to none, the nation's #1 alumni base, former stars who stay connected and give back to the university. A coaching staff stocked with former players who truly care about turning out football players and men of character. A coaching staff that honors their commitments to student athletes whether they suit up or not. We are family.

And that is why, regardless what happens on the field, you will always be the second-rate school in SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

But, they are in the SEC with all of their high morals.***

Feb 4, 2015, 11:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

A crisp Clemson military Salute to you "TigerHawk76" !

Feb 4, 2015, 11:37 AM

Couldn*t have said it as good OR as strong Sir!

GoTiGERS Everywhere!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coattails Dude, coattails.***

Feb 4, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to But, they are in the SEC with all of their high morals.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than women's basketball...***

Feb 4, 2015, 11:40 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't women's equestrian***

Feb 4, 2015, 6:34 PM

Re: More than women's basketball...***

Feb 5, 2015, 9:36 AM [ in reply to More than women's basketball...*** ]

In no way would I attempt to put down the cootie girls BB team. At 21/0 and 9/0 conference, Staley has done an incredible job in cootlumbia. But I still terribly dislike gamecocks in any form of feathers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 9:40 AM

Not putting them down. It's just funny how they jump on the bandwagon. Now all of a sudden, women's hoops is just a notch below football (well, in the case of SCar, it may be true).

No offense meant towards the lady's hoops program.

Feb 5, 2015, 10:37 AM

Isn't that the beauty of rooting for a school?

You love all the teams that wear your school's name.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Saddest attempt to spin ever***

Feb 6, 2015, 12:11 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

isn't that the beauty of rooting for a Conference? You get to

Feb 23, 2015, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: More than women's basketball...*** ]

cheer for the good teams and make it feel like you are part of something special?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Yes Coots, we cheated.

Feb 4, 2015, 6:25 PM

Bump for the evening troll crowd.

Nov 5, 2021, 2:21 PM

100% correct!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HOF Post right here, boys***

Feb 4, 2015, 6:37 PM

Best Is The Standard

Yes we SEC'd back in the late 70s

Feb 5, 2015, 8:26 AM

Actually we just SEC'd back in the late 70s and Mr. UT decided we did not belong in the club. I think if you check you will almost every SEC team has had probation of some sort since then. We took our lumps but we are on the verge of being "back." We will never (in my opinion) as long as Dabo is in charge, get into something like that again. At this point we need to be careful and NOT get arrogant but continue to work and tout what we have. We need to be All-in, ALL THE TIME in ALL PHASES of our university.

Amen to that!***

Feb 5, 2015, 8:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame

Feb 5, 2015, 8:36 AM

Every school is paying recruits these days. So it's just sour grapes when anyone makes these arguments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Then what the heII are y'all offering for so many to be

Feb 5, 2015, 10:30 AM

running away?? Burger King coupons???

Re: I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame

Feb 5, 2015, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame ]

No, everyone is not paying recruits. I'm sure there are a few out of control boosters in some programs, but most universities know who they need to keep an eye on. I also think that most schools do their best to eliminate it. I even think that's true in the SEC. I wouldn't make that assumption for Auburn, aTm, or the Miss. schools, but I'd be surprised if it's going on in Georgia. If so, Grantham would still be there.

Re: I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame

Feb 5, 2015, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame ]

So you think recruits are being paid? Then that means that Lattimore and Clowney must have coast a heck of a lot of money seeing that you went from an 11-win season to a 7-win season. How about this for logic: Clemson pays a lot of money to fly out to see recruits, they pay money to create an atmosphere for athletes to want to come to Clemson. Clemson has dispersed money to all of the coaching staff in order to ensure they have talented coaches who will not only help recruit great but coach up talent that many would have never thought would have measured up at a FBS school like Clemson. I guess reasons off the playing field is the excuses South Carolina fans use to the reason they lose to Clemson....Here's a great excuse....

"Clemson is just a better team than we are..." ~Steve Spurrier after the 35-17 loss to Clemson in November 2014

What, whose being paid?***

Feb 5, 2015, 7:05 PM

How do you get paid? Idk what that is :)

Somebody please explain the original post to the Coot

Feb 5, 2015, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I agree the 'you're paying recruits' argument is lame ]

with reading comprehension issues.

Feb 5, 2015, 8:39 AM

Awesome post. They know it. It must truely stink to be a low life coot. THANK GOD FOR CLEMSON UNIVERSITY !

Great post....one of the best ever!

Feb 5, 2015, 1:22 PM

Nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 1:30 PM

Classic stuff. But wait..... its all facts so coots will never grant it any validity. Good try though!

Feb 5, 2015, 3:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2015, 3:06 PM

WOW!!!!!!!! wonderful post!! 100% true

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i regret that i have but one point to give this gem!***

Feb 5, 2015, 3:10 PM

the only cheating yesterday was

Feb 5, 2015, 3:40 PM

Spurld### having to read the names of his players during the interview w/espn. Really? You recruit a group of kids for at least a couple years and you can't even remember their names? Love that personal touch and family feeling he's got.

Now now, let's be fair.

Feb 5, 2015, 3:43 PM

He was only recruiting some of them for the past few hours.

Re: Now now, let's be fair.

Feb 5, 2015, 5:21 PM

Good point. Would have prolly had no problem naming the Decootments

Feb 5, 2015, 3:50 PM

#UniversityOfSecondChoice

Feb 5, 2015, 4:34 PM

Post of the year! Well it is only February, but gonna hard to beat. Go Tigers!

BOOM ! ! !***

Feb 5, 2015, 5:59 PM

True meaning of the saying "The Truth Will Set You Free"

Feb 5, 2015, 6:48 PM

when ever a player talks about Dabo & Coaches they
all talk about the Coaches being honest with them

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic