Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Covid-19 Deaths in SC... Fact
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Covid-19 Deaths in SC... Fact

Jun 24, 2020, 9:50 AM

According to SCDHEC, of the 673 people who have died of Covid-19 in SC, 310 of them contracted the virus in nursing homes and died. Nation wide, at least 1/3 of the Covid-19 deaths have taken place in nursing homes.
https://www.aarp.org/caregiving/health/info-2020/coronavirus-nursing-home-cases-deaths.html

There should be a general alert put out to older individuals (especially with heart problems and diabetes) and let the rest of us get on with our lives.
Businesses are slowly bleeding out. Governments are already out of money. If things don't change soon, it is going to get much, much worse.
I hate it for the families who have lost loved ones. I am not being selfish or uncaring... I am just trying to make sense out of this.
By the way, my mom and dad are almost 91 and have been sequestered in their Lexington home since February 28th. They are healthy, but the inactivity is slowly taking them down.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

prayers for your family***

Jun 24, 2020, 10:04 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: prayers for your family***

Jun 24, 2020, 7:38 PM

Amen Mike!

Re: Covid-19 Deaths in SC... Fact

Jun 24, 2020, 10:04 AM

Close quarters living in nursing homes, high rises w elevators and prisons seem to be the primary spots for transmission. Once it gets in there it spreads from resident to resident

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 10:44 AM

We had Governors sending positive COVID patients to nursing homes. Just nuts ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY.

Jun 24, 2020, 10:48 AM

He sends positive covid patients from hospitals into nursing homes while he had the Javitz Center and a US Navy hospital ship prepped like ICUs for overflow.

Meanwhile, the media parades this idiot around like he's some hero. He has blood on his hands as he begs for OUR money. We hear about all the cases and deaths in NYC, but what they fail to tell you is 80% of the TOTAL deaths up there are a result of sending positive patients into nursing homes.

Then the hospitals up there put "persons under suspicion" on floors with full on positives, therefore causing the persons under suspicion to catch it. Had a travel nurse who volunteered up there tell me that.

Re: Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY.

Jun 24, 2020, 11:19 AM

So is this thing a hoax or not anymore? Narrative changes daily

Jun 24, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY. ]

So is this thing a hoax or not anymore? Narrative changes daily

Jun 24, 2020, 11:36 AM

I don't think Cuomo ever thought it was a hoax, he just told New Yorkers to keep living their lives cause they had the best medical professionals and hospitals in the world.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY. ]

It's not a hoax. It is a virus that kills the very old and weak, and people with heart problems and/or diabetes. For the rest of us, it is very close to the yearly flu.

The yearly flu doesn't compare

Jun 24, 2020, 12:07 PM

my aunt died with no preexisting condition other than age. Two of her daughters, a son-in-law and 3 grandchildren all suffered with it. The 57 year old daughter spent 3 weeks in ICU, and had no preexisting conditions. ALL of them confess that it is painful where as the flu gets you down and maybe makes you miserable, but they all say that it is nothing like they have ever experienced and much worse than any flu they have had...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The yearly flu doesn't compare

Jun 24, 2020, 3:01 PM

I have friends who have recovered from it and they all have had serious lasting symptoms from 30 days and longer after recovering. Issues with lungs, kidneys, and livers.

57 isn't exactly young. Not sure your aunt's age***

Jun 24, 2020, 3:41 PM [ in reply to The yearly flu doesn't compare ]

57 isn't young,

Jun 24, 2020, 7:38 PM

but who wants to spend any amount of time spent in the hospital or worse, 3 weeks in ICU? also, there are cases of the lingering effects on the internal organs, so what is the quality of life factor where people will decide it's better to take simple precautions than assume they can "live" with it?

nothing hits home until it hits your home...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile in NC and I'm sure all across the nation and world

Jun 24, 2020, 8:08 PM

People who think they might have it or do have it with very MINOR symptoms are flooding our hospitals RIGHT NOW.

90% of these people could stay at home and nurse their very minor symptoms and recover but are choosing to go to the hospital instead - therefore risking the health of everyone at the hospital (employees and patients who need to be there).

And these idiot doctors are admitting them and ordering unnecessary treatments for them (exposing healthcare workers) because our budget took a hit in April when people were actually afraid to leave their homes.

And, yes, i'm a respiratory therapist and my dad is a doctor.

Blood type is the X factor***

Jun 25, 2020, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY. ]

Jun 24, 2020, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY. ]

The virus isn’t the hoax, the framing and narrative of the liberal mainstream establishment is the hoax. Not sure which narrative you speak of.

Jun 24, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Yep....particularly that genius Cuomo in NY. ]

Not only that, but Cuomo waited until May to shut down the NYC subways for a deep cleaning!!! I know the ruling class doesn't ride public transit much, but this is criminal negligence.

Maybe a little less time preening on his brother's cable show, and more time doing his job!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Covid-19 Deaths in SC... Fact ]

Yes and they should be held accountable for this .....at the polls and legally....Go Tigers!!!!

Yea, You're Special. You shouldn't have to play by the same

Jun 24, 2020, 11:28 AM

rules as everyone. You could contract it asymptomatically and take it to your grandmother who then - well it could be very bad.

Re: Yea, You're Special. You shouldn't have to play by the same

Jun 24, 2020, 12:01 PM

Can't you read? I'm saying that the very old and the people with heart problems and/or diabetes should definitely be treated differently. People should take extra, extra precaution around them (masks, extra hand cleaning, extreme social distancing, etc.) just like you should do with the flu.
A person that dies from the flu is just as dead as someone that dies from Covid-19.
But at the same time, it never has been, nor should it be now, my responsibility to take extra precautions just in case someone in the general public is susceptible.

Jun 24, 2020, 12:55 PM

Pig-you've earned that name
That is the most selfish, self centered comment I've come across in these past 3 months
it's like you driving 90 mph-its a "I dont give a #### about anybody else" attitude

Jun 24, 2020, 2:57 PM

kenman, I understand how you can interpret it that way, but that is not my intention.
By the way, I liked the name comment.
Let me try explaining it this way. My parents are 91 years old, and they have made the choice to stay in their house because they don't want to be exposed to the virus. They know they're susceptible to this virus. They did the same thing a couple of years ago when there was a bad strain of flu. But they are taking responsibility for their own health. They don't expect others to take that responsibility for them. They expect others to continue on with their lives. When my wife and I go buy their groceries, or work in their yard, or help clean their house, we use PPE, because we know they're susceptible. When we leave, we take off our masks. We never did that with the flu, but maybe we should have.
My point is that we each need to take responsibility for ourselves. I don't speed, I don't drink and drive, and I don't ever try to hurt anyone (for any reason). And I don't expect anyone to change their lives for me (same as my parents). I hope this helped you understand my feelings on this.

Jun 25, 2020, 1:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Yea, You're Special. You shouldn't have to play by the same ]

Using your analogy, I can drive 90 on an interstate highway at 2 in the morning and I am probably endangering nobody. If I drive 90 through downtown Clemson 2 hours before gametime, somebody is likely to die. I think that what Pig is saying in a way is that we can use some common sense and move on with our lives, without endangering people to any great extent. We have stopped everything for the coronavirus, and many of them come with negative consequences as well. Many attempt to shame anyone who points out there are other factors to consider. Would you agree that we should weigh the good with the bad or do you fit in that category?

Pig

Jun 24, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Yea, You're Special. You shouldn't have to play by the same ]

What happens when the nurses in the nursing home get it? If everyone should live their lives without precautions it will eventually be brought to the vulnerable and sequestered. We must keep transmission rate down until we have a vaccine or treatment.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO,

Jun 24, 2020, 1:42 PM

There's no going back to the way it was before---at least, not until there's an effective vaccine to aid with herd immunity. The notion that the state could just send out a general warning to the elderly population and have everyone else "get on with their lives" isn't possible. Everything from business and holiday travel to consumer habits to social gatherings has already been fundamentally changed as a matter of choice, not government intervention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 3:12 PM

Seems to me like your parents have been blessed . I hope their blessings continue for a long time .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 4:27 PM

Pig, I get what you are saying and think you are getting some unwarranted criticism. It is really a catch 22. We can slowly watch our economy collapse, which as a side note for every 1% increase of unemployment there are an average of 37000 deaths. The other alternative is to treat it like the flu and move on with our lives (at some point we are going to, as a society, have to move on from this and learn to live with it). The tragedy in all of this besides the deaths and lasting issues of survivors is that we really have no reliable source to turn to in the media to get accurate information without some sort of bias!

Hope your folks continue to stay safe!

Jun 24, 2020, 8:23 PM

There is an alert like that from the CDC and the WHO .
This doesn't mean that the rest of us ( and I assume you mean healthier , younger and without underlying health risk factors ? ) should be directing ourselves around with no regard for the others among us who may not have what it takes to survive this thing should they contract it .
Nursing homes are one thing , but risk groups go through every age and background .
In other words , like the health and medical experts warned back in February .. follow the changing guidelines , isolate where and when possible and follow the protocols set forth by the CDC and the local authorities on the matter .

Other than that I agree with what you said Pig , we should get on with our lives .

DB23

Jun 24, 2020, 8:38 PM

What’s up Pig you were an old timer way back good to see you and spot on as usual!

NY imposes Quarantine on SC

Jun 25, 2020, 7:38 AM

Let that sink in. Anyone coming into NY from S.C. is being asked to quarantine for 14 days.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic