Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate that we Tigers celebrate USC Player's arrest. (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

I hate that we Tigers celebrate USC Player's arrest. (long)

Jun 22, 2012, 3:52 PM

I am guilty of this at times. When a gamecock gets arrested my heart wants to celebrate it. However, this last one stings. I know this last player (a little) who was recently arrested.

I hate what he is charged for doing. There is no excuse for him doing what he did. From what I know... he has had a tough life. Many people have failed him. I hate that he didn't grow up with the many blessings that so many of us have been given.

I do think when we celebrate someone's fall (even if he is a coot) we lose sight of a bigger picture. This is not a competition. We do not get a win against carolina when someone on their team is arrested.

All arrest at Clemson and Carolina is a sign of a greater issue. Our need for truth, our need for a good home, our need for accountability in what we watch, listen too, and the friends we embrace.

I enjoyed the lunch I had with the carolina player when he was a senior in highschool. I hate that this happened. Let us not celebrate these sad stories.

I am a tiger fan. I pull against carolina every time they take the field. Read my past post to see I am not gamecock. However, I hate to see an individual ruin their life. Clemson is not the only place that has good people and they are not void of people who make bad choices (horrible choices).

Have at it...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good points.***

Jun 22, 2012, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good points.***

Jun 22, 2012, 3:56 PM

Great post!

nobody on this board condones what has been done

Jun 22, 2012, 3:55 PM

But I believe some take solace in the fact that Clemson athletes seem to have more integrity than that of South Carolina's in general.

I believe I speak for everyone when I say that nobody wants these kids to fail and lose the opportunity for an education. I believe this is true on both sides.

But as opposing fans it is hard to ignore transgressions by student athletes and how they are managed by their rivals programs

There is a fine line. I think there are many people guilty

Jun 22, 2012, 3:57 PM

of crossing it for the wrong reasons here though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: There is a fine line. I think there are many people guilty

Jun 22, 2012, 4:02 PM

I would imagine you are correct. But I believe when the charges are of this significance it is different. This is not like Garcia keying cars or drunk in public.

Re: nobody on this board condones what has been done

Jun 22, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to nobody on this board condones what has been done ]

I understand what you are saying. I know that I do want the program at usc to fail in sport. Please no Three-peat. That is part of the rivalry. I think I cross the line when I celebrate the moral collapse of the school teams so that I have something to brag about or talk trash about.

I would love for both programs to put out good people. Our state and country need that. I will pull for Carolina's coaching staff in one way. That when those men graduate they will be real men.

A coot at my office immediately blamed the girl.

Jun 22, 2012, 4:04 PM

Idiot. Said she was a "cleat chaser".

Re: A coot at my office immediately blamed the girl.

Jun 22, 2012, 4:11 PM

I hope Clemson fans would respond that way. However, I am not sure we wouldn't. What if that new #1 recruit was charged with he said she said issue with same details as carolina's last arrest... what would we say?

Why can't both fans be sad that another young man has fallen terribly?

How this guy responded is beyond us and them...that shows

Jun 22, 2012, 4:23 PM

the type of person may be.

She may have been. And she most definitely put herself in

Jun 22, 2012, 7:09 PM [ in reply to A coot at my office immediately blamed the girl. ]

a bad position. But if she was passed out....he shouldn't have done it.

More and more these days, it seems you need a signed release to have sex with a woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

You have points...

Jun 22, 2012, 4:08 PM

but when Sammy was arrested, there were a number of them crowing about it. Now, weed is, in the grand scheme, less severe than ###### a woman, but when I see that, it doesn't make me want to be friendly when something bad happens to their team.

I hate that both incidents happen, and I don't look each day hoping someone makes a stupid mistake like that.

Clemson

Re: You have points...

Jun 22, 2012, 4:13 PM

Why not be different than the fans of a rivalry? Why be the same? Don't we pride ourselves on being different. These horrible things happen every where. Why do we feel we win when a life is destroyed?

Ask them the same

Jun 22, 2012, 4:19 PM

I'm just saying finding someone to back down on it will not come easy. Besides, taking a few opinions as the whole fanbase is dumb

Clemson

Where is corncoot on this one?***

Jun 22, 2012, 7:10 PM [ in reply to You have points... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is busy...

Jun 22, 2012, 8:15 PM

trying to dig up dirt on the female to say she asked for and it was all her fault

Re: He is busy...

Jun 22, 2012, 8:30 PM

agree
11 that's his MO!! blame the victim!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we're not cheering that a coot got arrested

Jun 22, 2012, 4:12 PM

we're telling korncoot and all coot fans to #### off because of the whole sammy thing

Re: we're not cheering that a coot got arrested

Jun 22, 2012, 4:14 PM

I think we started it. the whole "your player got arrested... nah nah nah nah"

I agree. And to add to that thought...

Jun 22, 2012, 4:13 PM

Just because a person is arrested does not mean they are guilty of anything.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re:This was the one Coot that I wanted to see do good.***

Jun 22, 2012, 4:17 PM

Did you know him?******

Jun 22, 2012, 4:23 PM

Re:Nope. Just know of his background. Why? Was he

Jun 22, 2012, 4:27 PM

another Victor Hampton (an accident waiting to happen?(

Re:Nope. Just know of his background. Why? Was he

Jun 22, 2012, 4:37 PM

What do you mean another victor hampton? I forget his story.
I met him (K.D.) at the "Boys Farm" in newberry. I had lunch with him and several of the kids that lived there. I took a group up their to do some volunteer work. I didn't get into is life story but I knew where he was living and knew a little about what the Boys Farm was there for.

i do remember hearing in a movie

Jun 22, 2012, 4:17 PM

Whenever a copy gets arrested an age earns his wings. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

meant coot***

Jun 22, 2012, 4:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We tiger fans" don't celebrate it.

Jun 22, 2012, 4:29 PM

I decided a while ago that it feels a lot better to cheer and celebrate success than failure. That for me applies to all aspects. I don't actively cheer for the coots, but I appreciate stories like Roth and his dominance in the CWS. I don't relish arrests or scandal.. it sucks.

I want these guys and gals, at all schools, to learn, grow, and succeed. I just always want the Tigers to have more points in the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: "We tiger fans" don't celebrate it.

Jun 22, 2012, 4:32 PM

I need to be more like that.

Well, more points except in golf.

Jun 22, 2012, 4:34 PM

;)

null

Yep so sad we forget to easy our

Jun 22, 2012, 4:54 PM

own players arrest on drug charges. thats the way it goes other peoples misery seems to make some people happy!

It's the way a lot of the world works

Jun 22, 2012, 5:02 PM

Don't seem too shocked by it. Doesn't make it right, but it is.

Clemson

^^^^Brought to you by the reelect Obama 2012 campaign...***

Jun 22, 2012, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^Brought to you by the reelect Obama 2012 campaign...***

Jun 22, 2012, 6:43 PM

I've been very careful to say anything about an athlete that gets in trouble until I have heard the whole story after what happened at Duke a few years back.That ruined a lot of peoples live and was not true.But you can not put the genie back in the bottle.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^Brought to you by the reelect Obama 2012 campaign...***

Jun 22, 2012, 7:19 PM

That was a sad day for me too. It's a shame those guys had anything to do with that slut. Like granny said, "if you fool with chit you'll get it on you."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate that we Tigers celebrate USC Player's arrest. (long)

Jun 22, 2012, 7:03 PM

Many people have failed him?.... he is an adult and he made the decision to act the way he acted.

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

Re: I hate that we Tigers celebrate USC Player's arrest. (long)

Jun 22, 2012, 8:26 PM

He is and should be 100% responsible for his adult actions. The statement that I made is still true. If I as a parent neglect the responsibility of training of my children and allow him to be exposed to all kind of damaging things. If my children grow up with only bad examples of how to love. If there is not loving supervision in their life protecting them from perverse things... the he will grow up with great dis-function.

What did you eat at the lunch with the football player?***

Jun 22, 2012, 9:10 PM

Lunch with Player

Jun 22, 2012, 9:32 PM

It was his Junior year in High School. He lived at the Boy's Farm in Newberry, SC. A group of us went up to the Farm to do some work (volunteer work). We ate lunch with some of the boys who lived there. I noticed that he looked like a football player and we got talking about football. I knew he was interested in Carolina. I enjoyed our time talking. I looked out for his name during recruiting and saw that he had committed to the gamecocks.

I know that the boys living there were living with house parents not their real ones. obviously there are all kind of reasons why they take up residence their and they are never good ones. It is sad how hard it is for these young men to climb out of the hole they are in. Sad to see him go the opposite way.

This is not an excuse for his horrible act if guilty. He had some support and help through the Farm and a scholarship to play football with some good men training them. I don't know all the Carolina coaches but I do know Ellis Johnson very well. ellis is a good man.
so he had more than others but not more than many of us. I wish we would be careful with celebrating for rivalry sake these sad and bad moments of these players.

Clemson will have more in the future. Let us handle the carolina players the same way we handle our tigers when they fall.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic