Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#BoycottDelta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

#BoycottDelta

Mar 30, 2021, 8:24 AM

So Delta started being boycotted by twitter idiots for issuing this statement. Now some media sources have run with it. Can anyone here point out what has offended people? I'm lost.

https://news.delta.com/delta-statement-sb202

Delta believes that full and equal access to voting is a fundamental right for all citizens. Over the past several weeks, Delta engaged extensively with state elected officials in both parties to express our strong view that Georgia must have a fair and secure election process, with broad voter participation and equal access to the polls. The legislation signed this week improved considerably during the legislative process, and expands weekend voting, codifies Sunday voting and protects a voter’s ability to cast an absentee ballot without providing a reason. For the first time, drop boxes have also been authorized for all counties statewide and poll workers will be allowed to work across county lines. Nonetheless, we understand concerns remain over other provisions in the legislation, and there continues to be work ahead in this important effort. We are committed to continuing to listen to our people and our communities, and engage with leaders from both parties to ensure every eligible employee and Georgia voter can exercise their right to vote.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember when twitter posts were not news stories***

Mar 30, 2021, 8:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

you know journalism was dead when they started reporting

Mar 30, 2021, 8:59 AM

a few twitter outrage posts as everyone in the world is so upset!!
THE OUTRAGE IS GOING VIRAL!!!

RIP journalism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No no no. Never ever

Mar 30, 2021, 8:28 AM

this is probably because all the American, Spirit and Jet Blue people can’t afford a seat on Delta

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, whats wrong with Jetblue

Mar 30, 2021, 8:57 AM

they are by far my favorite airline.
Not even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they fly direct to Charleston.

Mar 30, 2021, 10:52 AM

I've gotten tickets for $30.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got me a direct to Orlando next month

Mar 30, 2021, 2:33 PM

not quite 30 but 180. I'll take it

The reason is - the new bill is racist because it

Mar 30, 2021, 8:30 AM

...actually, I don't know why it's racist.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so is the filibuster. But only after the left used it 300

Mar 30, 2021, 9:01 AM

times the last 4 yrs. But NOW its racist

Fly Southwest!***

Mar 30, 2021, 8:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder how the push to move The Masters from Augusta

Mar 30, 2021, 9:19 AM

is going? I suspect the folks in Augusta are still giggling about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder how the push to move The Masters from Augusta

Mar 30, 2021, 10:18 AM

Yeah, I sort of raised my eyebrows when I heard that one.

Yeah, remember how the last boycott went...

Mar 30, 2021, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I wonder how the push to move The Masters from Augusta ]

whatever that lady's name was that was protesting no Woman members was threatening to boycott all the sponsors, so Augusta National said "fine...we just won't have sponsors this year"...they still gave the same amount to local charities too. It stung for all the locals who rent houses, because most of the home rentals are via corporate sponsors.

A boycott threat to the Augusta National will go nowhere.

Well...I guess it at least started a conversation

Mar 30, 2021, 1:25 PM

As they started allowing female members in 2012.

They are having Lee Elder at the Honorary starting tee

Mar 30, 2021, 2:04 PM

time. If they believe the new laws are racist in nature, I'm sure they'll tie it in with that. (Of course, I'm sure Elder is feeling pressure not to show up...)

Delta....lol.

Mar 30, 2021, 9:38 AM

Here's some modern/contemporary Delta humor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8mbbyG5FaQ

And, some old school Delta humor(NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o8ZB28IhJI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When are these dumb*ss corporations going to learn....

Mar 30, 2021, 10:55 AM

it is never enough for the commies. You bend the knee, you go woke, you virtue signal all day long and guess what? It doesn't matter. The next time you offend any of these scum they turn on you in an instant. So why cave to them ever?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, all it took was one commercial and Republicans

Mar 30, 2021, 11:27 AM

wont buy from Nike anymore.

Re: Yep, all it took was one commercial and Republicans

Mar 30, 2021, 11:50 AM

try not to buy goods produced with slave labor

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope that wasn’t it. They were perfectly fine with it

Mar 30, 2021, 12:34 PM

until Nike ran a commercial with Kaepernick. Just as big of snowflakes as the Dems.

The cycle is mystifying to me.

Mar 30, 2021, 11:33 AM

Company does something.

Group A doesn't like it and won't use company. Whatever. They tend to make a big public show of it, I guess for attention.

Group B, which is much larger than Group A, give them that attention for some reason and make public pronouncements about how stupid the Group A is.

Let's just all buy stuff we like, and don't buy stuff we don't like, and realize that no one else cares what we buy.

Re: The cycle is mystifying to me.

Mar 30, 2021, 11:55 AM

The point is THE COMPANY SHOULD DO NOTHING. Why T F do they want to get into social engineering, social justice, blah blah blah?

Shut up and fly your planes safely. FLY YOUR FR3AKING PLANES DELTA AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH/twitter!

Why don't you shut up and do whatever you do for a

Mar 30, 2021, 11:58 AM

living, without giving your opinion?

I don't mean that for real, but how about people have opinions, and that's OK?

4 cups of regular coffee a little too much. Switch to Decaf after 2.***

Mar 30, 2021, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The cycle is mystifying to me. ]

Delta is the best airline, and it's not even up for debate

Mar 30, 2021, 4:01 PM

Delta is the backbone of the Atlanta, and GA economy, and I'd debate that with anyone. Delta leaves, ATL will be less than Detroit in no time.

And why does Delta really care? All the people complaining without IDs can't get on their flights anyways. Most people "boycotting" Delta probably fly Southwest or Spirit.

So ##### and moan all you want. Delta has a superior product and their target customer isn't going anywhere (working people, mostly white dudes, based on my million plus miles).

sorry...wasn't really related to the post haha.

I tend to agree on being the best domestic airline***

Mar 30, 2021, 4:23 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic