Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IPTAY

Aug 20, 2020, 12:28 PM

I am a first time poster but long time reader here on Tigernet.

Maybe I am not comprehending what IPTAY communicated to me in an email earlier today. Let me know.

I was beyond happy when I read that I would receive 100 bonus points for letting IPTAY retain my full 2020 donation. That is great news, as I was planning on letting IPTAY retain my donation anyway. The first thought that popped in my head was that they had decided to do some sort of "tier system" based on level of giving.

BOY WAS I WRONG......I read the chart and it looks like ALL giving levels recieve the same 100 points.

If you give 60 a year and you let IPTAY keep it you get 100 extra points just like the person that donates 900/year, 3500/year, etcccc?

If I am understanding this correctly I am VERY DISSAPOINTED in IPTAY. This is a way to FORCE everyone that cares about priority points to retain or else they will be "jumped" by someone who donates MUCH LESS......this also proves that IPTAY does not care one bit about those who have been giving even through the rotten years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it just as an incentive to keep your pledge.

Aug 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

If you planned to keep your pledge anyway it won’t harm you in anyway. Making it based on priority for different bonus amounts seems unfair and would make it much harder for people to move up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IPTAY

Aug 20, 2020, 12:40 PM

you're correct in the fact that people who only donate just enough each year that maybe only hade accumulated very little to no points would be crazy not to take the 100 points, that would bump them way up the point system ladder which in turn could meant bumping someone who has donated say 800 or more for several years if they don't take the same offer.. I for one has been donating to iptay at a certain level for the last several years and have not accumalted anywhere close to 100 points. so yes ill take the 100 points

Aug 20, 2020, 1:13 PM

It's the equivalent of giving $25,000. You get a point for each $250 contribution.

Seems clearly designed to keep all the donations to stay.

If nobody asked for a refund, then the same separation that existed before 2020 bonus would exist after the bonus. If you asked for a refund, you are going to get jumped by a lot of folks (everybody that was behind you by less than 100 points that does not asked for a refund).

Seems it will also make it much harder for new IPTAY members that join in the future to make much progress jumping bonus babies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:25 PM

However, for those that roll the dice this year for tickets, they will be jumped in points by a $60 donor. For example, a donor that has given $1700 for 11 years will have less priority points than someone that has only donated $60 this year for the first time.

Should have been a tiered approach.

Aug 20, 2020, 3:14 PM

My understanding is that you receive the bonus even if you stay IN for tickets. It does not say this applies only to those that OPT OUT. Although it is confusing as you obviously must donate in order to have the opportunity for tickets.

Aug 20, 2020, 1:00 PM

Having been to Waynesboro many times, I’m guessing you are the only Tiger fan in that area.

Welcome to TigerNet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:16 PM

Bird Dogs or Plant Vogtle are the only 2 things I can think of that would bring someone to Waynesboro "many" times.

There are a few of us here.....I think I know most of them......It is always fun to discover a new one though....Most here are Dawgs (probably 85%of the state is in my opinion).

I fit in well as we all despise that team over there in Columbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

No, just friends and travel ball for son. It’s Dawg heavy for sure. Always got those “looks” with my hat on.

You’re right, it is close enough for hating Chickens regardless of team pick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I visited Waynesboro many times in my youth.

Aug 20, 2020, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IPTAY ]

Waynesboro was the home of my grandparents who lived on Victory Drive in the '40s, '50s and '60s. My grandfather owned maybe the only barbershop in town (next to the Buick dealership on the corner of the main street downtown). I spent many days with him fishing in Rae's Creek.

I also remember the 9-hole golf course with sand greens.

Re: I visited Waynesboro many times in my youth.

Aug 21, 2020, 4:29 PM

Be sure and give Aunt Bea a hug .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been to Plant Vogtle when I was in grad school...

Aug 20, 2020, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED IN IPTAY ]

Who knew I was in Waynesboro?

Life Donors since 1976

Aug 20, 2020, 1:31 PM

And trust me they don't care about those donors. There aren't many life donors left. But at the time we committed 5000.00 for 5 years, big money back then. We were promised a bunch of stuff that they changed including our parking. My biggest complaint is we have to give more money every year in order to keep the same shifting parking place that moves every year. It won't be long and we will be parking at Y-beach. Even more of a reason to watch the games on my couch.

Re: Life Donors since 1976

Aug 20, 2020, 2:06 PM

Shame! I got out of IPTAY several years ago. Watch the games on my TV, food cheaper, beer cheaper, don't wait in line for the bathroom and don't take me 2-3 hours to get home. With replay get to watch the game twice. Oh! cooler the first few games and later don't have to bring a blanket.

A lot of people will soon be coming to that realization.

Aug 20, 2020, 2:48 PM

Increasing ticket prices + increasing required IPTAY donations + time commitment + entitled athletes (not at Clemson per se, but in general) + all games on TV in HD + people losing jobs/income due to pandemic = fewer butts in seats.

It will probably not impact Clemson as much as other schools, since we have great fans and are a top team. But we certainly won't be immune to it, even now.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: A lot of people will soon be coming to that realization.

Aug 21, 2020, 9:14 AM

I am not sure about that. We dont raise the Money Bama, UGA, or LSU raises. We dont even come close. From what I have seen, even USuC out funds us.

Re: Life Donors since 1976

Aug 20, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Life Donors since 1976 ]

A friend of mine did the same thing, but he made sure he got letters for all the things he was promised. He has been called on numerous times over the years to "talk" about his parking places and tickets. He always takes the letters and the name and phone number of his attorney in case they want to pursue it any further. So far so good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2020, 1:37 PM

For the first time ever IPTAY is experiencing real life problems that we deal with every day. Those folks do not exist in the real world only the one of increasing $$ needs on the backs of the same folks year after year. They bungle nearly every single thing they try to do in the name of we’re going to “make something better”.

Now they are faced with a possible financial catastrophe and they come up with an unfair way they believe will fix it. Also got to keep the doors open on the fancy new building, their luxury suites, all their apparel, travel, etc, etc, etc.

Welcome to TigerNet!

Aug 20, 2020, 2:52 PM

Thanks for posting. I agree with you, it seems like a ridiculous incentive for IPTAY to provide. It has the potential to really screw over donors who can't give this year.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

not really, it only would effect parking & bowl tickets etc

Aug 20, 2020, 3:12 PM

The way I see it is that it only would really effect your parking assignment and order in line for away /bowl game tickets. It may not even really effect that due that those are handed out by donor level first and then by priority points within that level second. So if you get a refund, as long as join back at the level you are now next yr, you would retain your seats and still would be in the same donor level you were.

Re: not really, it only would effect parking & bowl tickets etc

Aug 20, 2020, 3:49 PM

Correct!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not really, it only would effect parking & bowl tickets etc

Aug 20, 2020, 4:26 PM

It wasn’t quite clear to me either. So will points be available if you take the redshirt? TIA

Yep. They know most people will not request the refund anyway...

Aug 21, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Welcome to TigerNet! ]

So it is pretty clearly a punishment for those who do take a refund.

And someone else mentioned a likely unintended consequence:
It could discourage new donors who may begin giving after this year, if they realize they are starting out even further behind in the points race. Unless they have a boatload of money to catch up quick. Well...on second thought, those are the ones who IPTAY cares about anyway. So maybe it’s not a mistake.

Found another way they are extorting long time members

Aug 20, 2020, 5:21 PM

Talked with IPTAY today ... If you opt for anything more than half of refund you are basically considered a non donor for the 20-21 sports year. Therefore you cant order the baseball tix you have had behind the plate for more than 20 yrs. They are making it almost impossible for folks to get a full refund.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Found another way they are extorting long time members

Aug 21, 2020, 9:57 AM

I understand their jobs are to maximize the bottom line on the financials.

I just wish they would stop preaching “Clemson Family” and call it what it is: “Clemson Business”

Aug 21, 2020, 1:35 AM

Here is the question I have.

I understand that they are going to give most of us that want tickets 2-3 games worth of tickets. But how am I getting to choose which games? What if I keep my donation in at a higher than avg level and get tickets for Citadel and UVA versus getting Miami and/or Pittsburgh which I'd rather receive due to family ties to the areas?

At least with previously choosing home games, I know definitively that I'll be getting all the home games and which teams I'll be seeing us play against.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 1:14 PM

I think there will be 2 - 3 game packages. You can pick either.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 2:59 PM

Bonus points idea is okay with me, but YES it should be tiered according to giving level. Simply that. IPTAY... are you listening ??

Aug 21, 2020, 4:31 PM

The only people IPTAY has screwed are people who join in the future and don’t have the option of getting 100 points. Members at high IPTAY levels get a lot of points every year. A Heisman Level donor gets at least 49 points every year just for football. More if they get premium tickets for basketball. No one else is screwed because they can all get 100 points. The only ones who won’t get the points are those who hang in this year and get tickets.

I’m taking my money and going home because I don’t want the hassle I’d have to go through to go to the games and probably not being able to tailgate. The only downside is that I won’t be able to get tickets to basketball, baseball or softball.

2024 purple level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2020, 4:42 PM

Everyone is reading this wrong. The points are going to affect your strength in the level you give only. They dont put you against anyone as far as tickets or parking in the level you are not giving. Its a pretty good deal keeps you on top of the level you are competing against.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic