Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Two white teens burn a black man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Two white teens burn a black man

Mar 17, 2021, 8:43 AM

Well, actually not. Two black teens burned a white man. No problem here.

"No justice no peace" as promoted by the left.

https://www.outkick.com/media-ignores-two-black-teens-setting-mentally-ill-white-man-on-fire-killing-him/

https://www.klkntv.com/ny-man-dead-after-two-teens-set-him-on-fire/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They better hurry up and get them in jail

Mar 17, 2021, 8:45 AM

So they can get their stimulus checks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. What a terrible decision.

Mar 17, 2021, 8:58 AM

I don’t know why Biden copied Trump’s policy of giving prisoners stimulus checks.

presidents dont write bills

Mar 17, 2021, 11:48 AM

They can only veto them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: presidents dont write bills

Mar 17, 2021, 12:25 PM

OK, Sub Republicans for Trump.

The pork in all three spending bills make me sick to

Mar 17, 2021, 1:17 PM

my stomach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The pork in all three spending bills make me sick to

Mar 17, 2021, 3:06 PM

Let it cook a little while longer.

I saw a local TV news report about this yesterday or Monday***

Mar 17, 2021, 8:46 AM

Dont think our P&R comrades are gonna

Mar 17, 2021, 8:56 AM

Discuss this topic

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have to focus on the insurrection

Mar 17, 2021, 8:58 AM

and make sure that the Capitol is fortified for a whole year. Don’t lose focus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we have to focus on the insurrection

Mar 17, 2021, 9:00 AM

Thanks to conspiracy driven Trumptards. They don't want to be unprepared for you guys again.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:39 AM

Carlsbad® said:

Thanks to conspiracy driven Trumptards. They don't want to be unprepared for you guys again.

Blah blah trump. That’s all you know.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2021, 1:10 PM

I was talking about the insurrectionists at the US Capitol and the Trumptards and the mess they created. I am not talking about Trump. I dont keep up with him anymore. You seem sensitive. I am not talking about him. I.am sure he is doing great. He is where he should be. I don't mind Trump now that he is gone.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: we have to focus on the insurrection ]

Carlsbad® said:

Blah blah trump. That’s all you know.

Re: Dont think our P&R comrades are gonna

Mar 17, 2021, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Dont think our P&R comrades are gonna ]

What's there to discuss? It's tragic. What else?

Ir sounds like you’re saying “nothing to see here... move along”

Mar 17, 2021, 9:08 AM

Dont you wonder about their motivation to commit such an act?

Re: Ir sounds like you’re saying “nothing to see here... move along”

Mar 17, 2021, 9:12 AM

Yeah I do. It will be interesting to find out. Was it because he was handicap? Was it because he was white and handicap? Was it because he was just an easy target and they were cruel? Who knows? Those are some cruel teens. There really isn't much to discuss.

What would you specifically like to discuss on this?

Mar 17, 2021, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Ir sounds like you’re saying “nothing to see here... move along” ]

Sure, we'd like to know the motive. We don't know that yet.

There isn't a single person on this board who doesn't think this is horrible and tragic. So what boxes are we not checking on your list?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Ir sounds like you’re saying “nothing to see here... move along”

Mar 17, 2021, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Ir sounds like you’re saying “nothing to see here... move along” ]

chem

Yeah - and I know that I am going to have to wait a bit to get the straight scoop on that.

In the meantime, I find it sad that some people want to take a tragic story like this and jump to conclusions - in order to score some kind of points for "their side" whatever that is.

We have all lamented the rush to conclusions prompted by overly-competitive news and social media. We, the consumers of such news have some control over this. WE can learn to wait and keep an open mind about such events until we have more details. I do NOT need to come to any conclusions about this today or tomorrow.

I feel the same way about the dismal recent events in Atlanta. It would be easy to go ahead and put this in the anti-Asian column that has been regrettably growing over the past months, BUT I am going to wait to learn more about the alleged perpetrator before I come to any conclusions about this.

In the meantime, I am merely downhearted to see human beings treat each other this way. We could be so much better than this.

Make sure to let

Mar 17, 2021, 9:02 AM

xtiger know about this, he keeps the official score here.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you got the wrong dude, dude***

Mar 17, 2021, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think you got the wrong dude, dude***

Mar 17, 2021, 9:51 AM

you have been good lately ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU HAVE BOTH MISSEPLLED "Dood".

Mar 17, 2021, 11:04 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Ooo, ooo!

Mar 17, 2021, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I think you got the wrong dude, dude*** ]

Is this one of those classic times you completely try to pretend you didn't post things in the past?

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Make sure to let

Mar 17, 2021, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Make sure to let ]

Oh no - It is NC who likes to keep the daily death toll of Americans - for his satisfaction.

I'm not a huge capital punishment advocate, but wow...

Mar 17, 2021, 9:11 AM

they burned a man alive.

At the very least, lock them up and throw away the key.

null

Re: I'm not a huge capital punishment advocate, but wow...

Mar 17, 2021, 9:13 AM

Hopefully they are charged as adults.

Re: I'm not a huge capital punishment advocate, but wow...

Mar 17, 2021, 10:05 AM

And a hate crime

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Posts a "media ignores" link...

Mar 17, 2021, 9:12 AM

Then also posts a link to a local TV news report that took the story directly from... wait for it... CNN.

Crump needs to start passing out special badges to people who post "the media is ignoring this" types of posts yet didn't bother to look up the fact that the national media indeed covered it. The badge could just say, "I don't know how to use a search engine."

I think "the media ignores it" alludes to the fact that, ok,

Mar 17, 2021, 9:22 AM

CNN may have posted an article about it. But if two white teens burned a black man to death, would there be an article on CNN, or would there be a month of articles and follow-ups, panel discussions about "When will the violence stop?" and "Are we just incurably racist as a country?" on CNN, NBC, etc.

In 2021, just throwing an article on a digital platform is pretty easy. The question becomes which stories are amplified, sensationalized, pontificated-upon, etc., and which ones are merely reported.

And I have not done any research on this story to determine if there was significant discussion on it beyond an article. I'm just saying that "Hey, they wrote about it...what do you want?" doesn't really address the issue sufficiently.

null

This is akin to people being upset that the Geisel estate

Mar 17, 2021, 9:40 AM

stopped publishing a few poor-selling books with racist caricatures, but WAP got voted "song of the year" by WhoFuckingCares. It's misdirected outrage. "The media", or Liberal MSM, or whatever you want to call them, can report on stories and events. What the public does with it after that is out of their control. Some things get attention and become viral, other things don't. If your problem is that you think the US culture is now reverse-racist, that's fine, but I'm just not sure what else "the media" is supposed to do about it. This is probably more applicable to OP than you anyway, since you're much more even-keeled than that guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest question any news agency is going to ask...

Mar 17, 2021, 10:52 AM

Before pursuing a story or giving a story a lot of play is, "Who cares?"

If they have the answer to that based on public reaction, outrage, and attention (and they have great ways to measure this), that will tell you why one story gets more attention than another.

Re: The biggest question any news agency is going to ask...

Mar 17, 2021, 12:39 PM

Yeah, I used to make this point to my students all of the time. The purpose of a news station is not to inform the public accurately. It is TO MAKE A PROFIT.

When one remembers that, they can discern why some stories get promoted more than others - to try to gain audience share.

Back in the day, we had 3 TV channels for our news and those 3 stations had to present their news to a large segment of Americans to make money. Therefore, they carried a more well-balanced slate of stories - in order to try to appeal top most Americans.

Today, there are hundreds of news outlets - all screaming to get 5% of Americans to pay attention (and money) to them. So they try to appeal to small segments of Americans - by giving them what they want - sensationalism and outrage.

To further the point, I looked at CNN.com. It's not on the

Mar 17, 2021, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I think "the media ignores it" alludes to the fact that, ok, ]

front page...which might be appropriate although the CNN front page is a WALL of stories (hadn't visited it in some time...tons of links on the front page).

So I went to "US" subsection...not there.

I went to the "East" section of the "US" subsection...not there.

Crime + Justice? Well that's a verrrry long wall of stories. Not there.

I searched "Two teens burn man new york". Nothing.

So...again I ask...is this really "covered by CNN"? And would we expect comparable coverage were the races of the parties switched?

null

Two things:

Mar 17, 2021, 10:51 AM

1. Was this crime racially motivated? That is generally what drives a story like this to get bigger coverage.

2. If the answer to #1 is no, national media doesn't usually give cases like this as much attention as local media will. Murders happen a lot. Every day. National media can't give them all attention.

Now, I certainly agree with you that there's a bit of a twisted reasoning as to which murders get more attention than others. I've seen that firsthand.

Re: Two things:

Mar 17, 2021, 11:11 AM

1. Again, the issue is the disparity. The media doesn't wait to see if a crime is racially motivated if a white person does this to a black person. It insinuates it is, or assumes it is. It discusses in a panel. It develops 20/20 specials on it. We just watched months of protests for a cop killing George Floyd and there is literally no evidence that the cop had any racist feelings. This is usually where you ask me to prove it, and I'll go ahead and say that I won't be doing that today. If you don't see this, that's fine.

2. See 1.

null

Mar 17, 2021, 11:18 AM

And here we get back to this problem of y'all's concept of "the media". It isn't some giant, unified operation. Each source picks stories with their own motivation. They aren't working together here.

I go back to my reply to 19B: They ask "who cares," and they have studies to answer that question regarding homicides. And what gets more play says A LOT more about us as a society than it does the press. When a poor black drug dealer gets murdered and a wealthy white businessman gets murdered the same day but in different cases, which one do you think the local newspaper and TV are going to hype?

Also, you can't compare two random ######## committing a murder to a cop killing an unarmed man. Completely different cases. And yeah, there was evidence the cop had racial problems based on comments from his previous employer.

Yeah, you and I never see eye to eye to this and as I said,

Mar 17, 2021, 11:47 AM

it usually comes down to a homework assignment for me. :) Sometimes I have time to dig a little but today I don't, and I don't think I ever satisfy your criteria on that stuff regardless. I just think you and I are always going to disagree on the state of journalism today.

null

Mar 17, 2021, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Two things: ]

1. Was this crime racially motivated? That is generally what drives a story like this to get bigger coverage.

2. If the answer to #1 is no, national media doesn't usually give cases like this as much attention as local media will. Murders happen a lot. Every day. National media can't give them all attention.

Now, I certainly agree with you that there's a bit of a twisted reasoning as to which murders get more attention than others. I've seen that firsthand.

So no to number 1 because blacks aren’t racist and 2 only 2 white people who shoot a black man jogging is automatic racism.

It’s not every day you hear of a murder where 2 people (black or not) burn a handicapped person
( white or not) alive!

Well, what do you want?

Mar 17, 2021, 10:48 AM [ in reply to I think "the media ignores it" alludes to the fact that, ok, ]

How much coverage do you want this to have?

I'd like consistency.***

null

Can you give me comparison examples?

Mar 17, 2021, 11:14 AM

Of absolutely identical issues yet the races were reversed? I can fire back with plenty of ones in the Charleston area that I experienced first hand where rich white victim got a lot more attention than poor black one.

Is there a comparable case to this one in the OP that you think got way more attention for racial issues?

Re: Can you give me comparison examples?

Mar 17, 2021, 8:20 PM

The media has a narrative and they push what supports their narrative. Look how they covered the capital riots. They were all apparently white supremacists even though there was nothing indicating race.

The massage parler shootings in Atlanta. The media continued to talk about how it was a racist attack but there is no evidence of that. The inbred looking ####### said it was because he is addicted to sex.

Also I’ve posted this a lot, but just look at the google trends. If the media wants Black Lives Matter to trend, they can do it. Notice how the riots and overall activism stopped after Biden one. There was an unarmed black shooting that sounded terrible after Biden won and there was barely any coverage. I waited 2 weeks to see if there was outrage. Nothing. Can’t even remember the guys name.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=Black%20Lives%20Matter

Re: I think "the media ignores it" alludes to the fact that, ok,

Mar 17, 2021, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I think "the media ignores it" alludes to the fact that, ok, ]

swarley

I take your point, but isn't it also a GOOD thing that they are waiting for all of the facts before rushing to judgement ?

I think it is also a possibility that the fact that these guys were minors is slowing the story down a little bit.

I would hope that reporters take a few days to get all of the facts. IF it turns out that this killing was racially motivated, then I would hope that we would get some articles on black - white racism and how kids can be taught this poison.

BuT ThEy WeReN't YeLlInG LoUd EnOuGh***

Mar 17, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Posts a "media ignores" link... ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really enjoy how much y'all love

Mar 17, 2021, 9:44 AM

Posting about this stuff. It says more than you know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I really enjoy how much y'all love

Mar 17, 2021, 10:23 AM

Why don't you help us little people out and let us in on your psychoanalysis?

My brain is the size of a pea, so I can't think too hard about things. My only rationale in posting this is another reminder of the culture the leftists promote and support.

Fine if you disagree, it's a free country (sort of).

I can help.

Mar 17, 2021, 10:54 AM

You (and a few others like you) love to jump up and down and holler whenever a black person kills a white person, and you demand that it get the same attention as, say, when a cop kills an unarmed black man. You use it as a cheap political ploy, not some sort of outrage at the actual incident. And it drips of racism.

Yeah, it does.

EDIT: Let me also add how phenomenally idiotic it is to claim that leftists or any American would support anything that has to do with burning another man alive.

At least attempt, in some way, shape, or form, to be smarter. Whatever you watch or read that convinces you to hold such dumb opinions, stop accessing it. Maybe try to read some books by some reputable authors.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

Re: I can help.

Mar 17, 2021, 10:58 AM

I am sure even in the worst cases they support the cops vs a black guy..
Rodney King...Walter Scott..etc

Mar 17, 2021, 10:59 AM

"If they would just listen to and obey police..."

Mar 17, 2021, 11:12 AM

Wonder why so many of them don't?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2021, 11:18 AM

I wonder why so many who do still get shot.

Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are

Mar 17, 2021, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I really enjoy how much y'all love ]

committed by 7% of the population (black males)? No? Do you know why you didn't know that? It's because the media only shows you white people "being mean" to black people.

If the situation was reversed - it would be National News for a week - just to keep driving home the idea that this is what the black community has to face and worry about every day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are

Mar 17, 2021, 11:09 AM

They mainly talk about black people committing crimes and everyone knows those stats. You never hear about of all the black people killing people? It's on the news almost every night.

Maybe. But it's not framed as "Another black man has

committed another murder" (like it is when a white person does something to a black person).

They report on the murder - and you notice that it was a black guy...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe. But it's not framed as "Another black man has

Mar 17, 2021, 11:22 AM

I think its context.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are ]

There isn't a single murder--committed by a white person or a black person--that isn't covered in the press, and all crime statistics are easily accessible public information.

I know that and you know that. But the average dolt only

Mar 17, 2021, 11:15 AM

knows what the media feeds them.

That's why people whine about black people being incarcerated more than white people. It's because (in this case) black people kill A WHOLE LOT more people than white people do. So - of course the police keep an extra wary eye on black people.

Re: I know that and you know that. But the average dolt only

Mar 17, 2021, 11:20 AM

1. The incarceration argument expands far more than homicide and you know that. You're being disingenuous.

2. You are citing stats for arrests and convictions. That's part of the problem with the incarceration issue.

3. Our main issue with over incarceration is drug enforcement. You know this. And that's where police are targeting: they know snagging poor minorities is much easier for conviction rates.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:38 AM

(1) Yes - that's why I said "in this case". But I do believe this stat leads to officers being more wary about black people. So they're are looking at them more - so they see more.

(2) It's likely that black people have been screwed more in murder cases - but only enough to change the percentage by 1 point (that would allow for 36 wrongful murder convictions per year).

(3) I don't believe that completely explains the incarceration issue. Police watch poor neighborhoods more closely because that's where the most crime is.

Mar 17, 2021, 2:24 PM

1. So if your argument is that officers look at black people more because they supposedly commit more crimes, why do they continue to commit more crimes if officers are monitoring them more? Or could it just be that they "commit" more crimes because there ARE more eyes on them, thus more arrests than the white people doing the same crimes?

2. If we're sticking with strictly murder, aren't most of those cases black on black and drug/gang related? We can go down that rabbit hole as well with how our government helped fuel that behavior decades ago.

3. It's not really police watching them more. It boils more down to how the person holds up in court, and poor people don't hold up as well. Police also know they get less push back from the poor.

Mar 17, 2021, 10:01 PM

(1) (a) I don't know. Stupidity, maybe. (b) That's what I said - cops are wary of them. But they ARE committing the crimes they are arrested for. So, fine, arrest them.

(2) White folks tend to kill white folks and blacks tend to kill blacks. I don't know that black-on-black crime is drug/gang related. (But, if so, that implies blacks are more likely to sell drugs and be in gangs - another reason for that wary eye from cops.) The rabbit hole you mentioned - as you said, it was DECADES ago. And yet, it's still being used as an excuse to bust-up today. Blacks, as a community, have to prioritize unfueling (new word) that behavior.

(3) I'll have to study that some. Are you saying there is a quota on convictions - today? Even with overcrowded jails? Police absolutely check crime riddled areas more...

Mar 17, 2021, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are ]

How many times have you seen a white person that has been killed by the police make national news? Can you name 5 white people that have been killed by the police, without going to Google.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More times than I can count

Mar 17, 2021, 11:22 AM

If you think one gets more play than the other, why do you think that is? What do you think that says about the audience?

If your local grocer stocks a lot more Coke products than Pepsi, do you think that's because the grocer is trying to force a Coke agenda on you?

Re: More times than I can count

Mar 17, 2021, 11:29 AM

For sure - one sells more shoes than the other

Then you have your answer.

Mar 17, 2021, 11:30 AM

Blame society, not the media.

In the early 1800s, Benjamin Day figured out that the masses wanted to read the shocking and graphic news. Not much has changed, and the media is going to zero in on topics and stories that sell.

We're the problem. They're just a symptom of it.

Re: More times than I can count

Mar 17, 2021, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: More times than I can count ]

That's why racism will never end. There is just too much money to be made from it.

Mar 17, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are ]

joey

Could you link me to the source for your stat ? I would like to look into it more.

Yes. Let me know if I misinterpreted (source is the FBI)

Mar 17, 2021, 1:05 PM

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-3.xls

It shows 39% being committed by black folks. I noticed it was "mostly" black males - so I quoted 37% by black males without doing the math...

I got the 7% figure from the census bureau site ...

You are going to catch a lot of heat about this, but I think

Mar 17, 2021, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Did you know that 37% of the murders in the US are ]

you are raising a legit issue.

1. If a thing is covered by CNN and broadcast news for 2 weeks solid with accompanying editorials telling us what it means, and another thing is mentioned once, it is only technically true that both were "covered".

2. The mantra being pushed now is "systemic racism". This might or might not exist, but the reason for pushing that mantra is not to fix an identifiable problem - no actionable solutions have been offered, because no problem has been identified - but is to further an oppression narrative. Therefore, rather than using information to support the premise, anecdotal stories are used. You are correct in your observation.

Jussie Smollett did what he did because it furthered a narrative, one that requires anecdotal stories to support. His mistake was getting caught doing it. You are noting that media promotes stories to support the narrative, while ignoring the reverse evidence. You are correct.

You will perhaps be told that this type of coverage is supply/demand based, not ideologically influenced. Don't let people of questionable intelligence insult yours.

Message was edited by: CUintulsa®

Re: You are going to catch a lot of heat about this, but I think

Mar 17, 2021, 2:27 PM

1. By this logic, a pro women's soccer game isn't "covered" if it doesn't get as much play as the Super Bowl. It boils down to audience.

2. The media (which is a plural word) don't promote stories that support a "narrative". They support stories that support an audience. What appears more on SportsCenter? College football or women's soccer? Which one do you care about more? And the majority of America? Do you change the channel or tune out when they talk about women's soccer?

Thanks for playing. That's how it works.

What is that you're saying? - Steve Martin

Mar 17, 2021, 5:36 PM

Is your point that most media show us white people disrespecting black people (but not the reverse) because that's what their audience wants see? That would be a sorry state of affairs.

I honestly don't know why media outlets like to push that narrative. Maybe they're afraid of being called racist for saying anything anti-black.

Just last night ABC had a story that should have been titled - "Hey look! We found another black guy shot by a cop!" on the NATIONAL NEWS. It's not like there wasn't stuff of national importance to report. That is definitely using a huge platform to push a narrative...there was no other reason to even mention it.

Re: Two white teens burn a black man

Mar 17, 2021, 11:44 AM

Sounds about right. Our media definitely doesn’t have a narrative they’re trying to push. Catahoula told me so.

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/1371888825459478528?s=21

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic