Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WOW...Wakeyleaks case closed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

WOW...Wakeyleaks case closed

Dec 13, 2016, 6:18 PM

Wake Forest radio analyst gave game plans to opponents

After Wake Forest's loss to Louisville on Nov. 12, coach Dave Clawson alleged that Louisville had received impermissible information that benefited the Cardinals on the field. At the time, the pointed allegation seemed to be an indictment of Bobby Petrino's staff. After an internal investigation, it turns out the mole was in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, all along.
Wake Forest announced Tuesday that it has fired Tommy Elrod, a member of the school's radio broadcast team, after an investigation revealed the announcer "attempted to provide confidential and proprietary game preparations on multiple occasions, starting in 2014."
Elrod was a former Wake Forest player from 1993-97 and a member of Jim Grobe's staff for 11 seasons. After not being retained by Clawson, Elrod was hired as a radio analyst.
"I am extremely disappointed that our confidential and proprietary game preparation was compromised. It's incomprehensible that a former Wake Forest student-athlete, graduate-assistant, full-time football coach, and current radio analyst for the school, would betray his alma mater," Clawson said.
"We allowed him to have full access to our players, team functions, film room, and practices. He violated our trust which negatively impacted our entire program. I am glad we have taken steps to ensure it will not happen in the future. At this point, this is a matter for [athletic director] Ron Wellman and others to act on. My staff and I are focused on Temple and preparing the team for the Military Bowl."
The school not only announced that Elrod had been fired but that he has been banned from Wake Forest athletics and its facilities.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Re: WOW...Wakeyleaks case closed

Dec 13, 2016, 6:30 PM

I'm betting there is money involved in this act!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there's always a money trail***

Dec 13, 2016, 7:05 PM

Unless it leads to Chapel Hole........

Dec 13, 2016, 7:28 PM

Then there's nothing to see here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People do bad things for the love of money***

Dec 13, 2016, 6:41 PM

Re: People do bad things for the love of money***

Dec 13, 2016, 10:04 PM

or maybe because of revenge.

I wonder if he's already sold his house... That guy better

Dec 13, 2016, 7:01 PM

be moving... quick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to kick his but and I don't care about wake forest***

Dec 13, 2016, 7:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha ha. Wake can't get fans to come to their stadium -

Dec 13, 2016, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I wonder if he's already sold his house... That guy better ]

you think anyone would actually show up at this guy's door?

I do hope this guy has other skills though as any career in athletics in any capacity is out the window.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha ha. Wake can't get fans to come to their stadium -

Dec 13, 2016, 10:03 PM

I'm sure UNC would hire him...

It's Wake. Exactly 17 people give a #### about

Dec 13, 2016, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I wonder if he's already sold his house... That guy better ]

Wake Forest Football.

There's something in these hills.

it's one thing that the mole was selling

Dec 13, 2016, 7:38 PM

It's more interesting to me that Petrino was buying

Re: it's one thing that the mole was selling

Dec 13, 2016, 11:40 PM

> It's more interesting to me that Petrino was buying

Who ever said Petrino or an assistant bought? It very well could be that radio announcer left it in hopes the Louisville coaching staff would discover it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whatever helps ya sleep sweetie***

Dec 14, 2016, 7:55 AM

Dec 13, 2016, 8:12 PM

Washington Generals' playbooks were not available

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 9:09 PM

Case closed?

This is far from closed. It says he provided or attempted to provide information on multiple occasions since 2014. There's no way Petrino is dumb enough to be part of this, but obviously some grad assistant or lower level coach thought it could help with game planning. I know Dabo would never mess around with this type of nonsense, but we better Effing not have some ambitious grad assistant screwing us over because he wanted a ####### edge over Wake....

Dec 13, 2016, 9:14 PM
IMG_2698.JPG(24.6 K)

Did you just say petrino not dumb enough to be a part of this? I mean really?

Dec 13, 2016, 9:57 PM

Yes, it's borderline unbelievable that any coach, even one as void of morals as Petrino, would engage in something like this. Petrino finally got his second chance, and he's gonna risk a permanent football blacklisting, a loss of untold millions, and forever tainting his name as a cheater for what? An edge on Wake freaking Forest?? That's a far cry from banging the secretary.

It's almost assuredly a grad assistant, and if we have anyone involved, I'm gonna go absolutely ####### ballistic. I have to believe the program follows Dabo's lead and doesn't sink to this level, even the grad assistants. Just an incredble story.

Dec 13, 2016, 10:03 PM

The typical Grad assistants would not be the ones buying the info. unless someone was giving them the money to buy it with.

Dec 13, 2016, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: WOW...Wakeyleaks case closed ]

That is what I want know...who was receiving the info

Dec 13, 2016, 10:28 PM

So thats why wake has been abysmal for the last several years... here I thought they just werent any good.

Dec 13, 2016, 10:28 PM

So thats why wake has been abysmal for the last several years... here I thought they just werent any good.

wonder if he learned that from Todd Ellis...

Dec 13, 2016, 10:43 PM

former player, radio announcer. Todd selling info has to be the only reason the coots keep losing

'-)

Dec 14, 2016, 6:27 AM

Who needs anyone else's playbook to beat them. Every team has access nto every team they plays film, so you already know what's in the playbook. It's beneficial for DC's to know what play the opponent will run in what game situations and this only comes from film study.

Dec 14, 2016, 8:00 AM

Shady mcshadester

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic