Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Possible even Clowney's Mom wanted him at CU due to DabO's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Possible even Clowney's Mom wanted him at CU due to DabO's

Apr 18, 2014, 6:09 PM

Christian beliefs and the nice easy-going campus life at Clemson..as many other Mom's of recruits "have expressed" their interest in & gratitude for.

Every Mom & Recruit to their own needs & beliefs..but I'm glad Clemson Football has DabO..whatever he's doing right.

* I do think he may have to make some adjustments & changes in how he goes about expressing his Christianity (in recruiting & on the practice field or in the office) but when the smoke clears all will be good.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely not...

Apr 18, 2014, 6:27 PM

You don't change your believe or values because some one disagrees with you. This is the problem with our country right now...we are too concerned about who we might offend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't mean that....

Apr 18, 2014, 7:41 PM

He meant stop doing things that will draw attention from these kinds of groups. Like Nuk getting baptized on the practice field. That wasn't wrong, but at the same time you don't want give any type of ammo to headline chasers, because the media will give headline chasers a platform. Like Fox News is giving FFRF a platform.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He didn't mean that....

Apr 19, 2014, 10:25 AM

I agree with the giving FFRF a platform. Fox has basically announced it to whoever watches. Fortunately, the hostess ripped the lawyer to shreds.

To the other side, I completely disagree. To stand strong and be indomitable, you do not hide. You make sure that what you are doing doesn't overlap the law, but you stand up and be strong in who and what you are. This is something that is evinced in anyone standing firm. The quickest way to stop the harassment is to beat down any and all opposition.

Re: Possible even Clowney's Mom wanted him at CU due to DabO's

Apr 18, 2014, 6:36 PM

Here's a thought...what type of player and person would Clowney be today if he had come to Clemson?? With Dabo and BV as role models, I think he'd have turned out to be a very different man.
Think about, BV's intensity put into Clowney's body! There would have been some people getting hurt. Add Dabo's leadership and there's most likely no question concerning his work ethic and maturity. #1 pick in the draft and a he'd be coming back to visit CU every chance he had. I bet we don't see him at the USC campus or Willy-Brice again.

Clowney would have got kicked off the team, and he...

Apr 18, 2014, 7:42 PM

couldn't make it academically at Clemson. Remember, We just kicked off a player for attitude issues.

You know we have same academic requirements as every team in SEC***

Apr 18, 2014, 8:01 PM

Re: When you say "we" who are you speaking of?***

Apr 18, 2014, 8:02 PM

Clemson***

Apr 18, 2014, 8:03 PM

Re: Clemson***

Apr 18, 2014, 8:04 PM

You are a #### lover

null

Ha!!! 10,000 just now on that tu. Congrats!!!***

Apr 19, 2014, 1:08 AM

Re: Ha!!! 10,000 just now on that tu. Congrats!!!***

Apr 19, 2014, 7:33 AM

Clowney would have failed out at CU. He probably didn't even go to classes at Dirtpecker U.
Also , Dabo pushes the recruits at CU to not just pass but do well in their academics. Spurrier probably has no idea what courses/majors his thugs are attending to.
To say that Dabo doesn't get rid of highly sought after recruits is laughable ...5? Mike Bellamy and 4? Chad Kelly will tell you that it ain't who ya are at Clemson , it's what you will become.
Too many Garnetians puking stupidity on our board these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Kinda cute that on this board Clemson is an academic powerhouse

Apr 19, 2014, 10:59 AM

yet ask most of the ACC (UVA, VT, UNC, GT, BC, Syracuse, Duke, WF) what is the perception of Clemson academically, and they'd be cracking the same jokes you are about SCAR...

Re: Clowney would have got kicked off the team, and he...

Apr 18, 2014, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Clowney would have got kicked off the team, and he... ]

Clowney couldn't make it academically at Clemson? LOL! Dabo would have kicked Clowney off the team? LOL! You must still be sore about his "I'm never going to know what it feels like to lose to Clemson" quote. Clowney is a given for the #1 overall pick and will be picked by Houston. Look on the bright side, he will be Nuk's teammate!

houston needs a qb a lot more than they need a de. i don't

Apr 19, 2014, 8:57 AM

think clowney has the ability to learn the nuances of the outside lb position , but this is just my opinion.
btw,clemson would not have invented a learning disability label to allow clowney to attend, which usuc did,if i remember correctly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: houston needs a qb a lot more than they need a de. i don't

Apr 19, 2014, 10:24 AM

Clowney will be drafted #1 by Houston-that's always been obvious! Colleges can't "invent" a disability label for student-athletes, otherwise everyone would qualify for a scholarship. Clowney very well may not fit at outside lb, I tend to believe that also.

Re: Clowney would have got kicked off the team, and he...

Apr 19, 2014, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Clowney would have got kicked off the team, and he... ]

lol, I can't believe that I have actually agreed with you on two posts in a row.

Here's another thought.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Possible even Clowney's Mom wanted him at CU due to DabO's ]

Not all of the player we recruit fit in here at Clemson. I'm a mind to believe that many time when Knimdeechies and Clowneys choose other colleges the move is initiated by Dabo and Clemson University not the players.

Since Dabo can't talk about a player during the recruiting phase we shouldn't expect to hear about any type of rejection Clemson would extend to a recruit. These boys aren't going to say Clemson pulled the offer because that would make it apparent they are going to their University of Second Choice. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's another thought.

Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 AM

So you actually believe that Dabo rejected Clowney, or even encouraged him to go to the Gamecocks? That's a joke, right? Got to give serious props to my man Dabo, though! He is the object of more "coach-worship" by his loyal fans than anyone I've ever seen.....not Danny, not Coach Howard, Coach Wooden, Coach Lombardi, certainly not Spurrier or Saban, maybe even Rockne. If Dabo ever wanted to start his own church, it would make New Spring blush in size, and offerings, just counting his Tiger faithful.

Dabo doesn't hide his faith or beliefs

Apr 19, 2014, 9:37 AM

On the recruiting trail. That's the main thing that draws quality young men and parents to our program that have some level of discipline and makes them more coachable than kids at most programs. Do we take chances on some kids that have character issues? Indeed we do! We'd be ignorant not to. Dabo recruited Clowney as hard as anyone and I remember him sitting at a BBall game in Clemson attire, deciding between CU and USC. Better believe if Clowney chose CU, Dabo wouldn't have pushed faith on him, but he would have required him to be disciplined, work hard and be an upstanding representative of our family, community and university, while offering him direction to do so. If not, he would've gotten the boot like Bellamy and Kelly. That alone speaks volume of Dabo. While football is huge, developing integrity and character into these young men for their future is even bigger, and what this program is all about. Think about it...if you have a group of disciplined, coachable young men, all on the same page, you're going to be successful and win a lot of games. I commend Dabo, and we are very fortunate to have him. I'd rather have news about Dabo giving a young, uncoachable player the boot, and rumors of Dabo being too forward with his faith, than news of players like Clowney being the most talented player in the universe with no drive or ambition. Or players like Vic Hampton and Chaz Sutton lynching guys in NY and flipping out on his own sister and getting arrested. These being older, veteran players makes it even more distasteful. Furthermore, though I know Clowney will be one of the top draft picks, it's hard to fathom an organization taking a chance on a young man pegged by his own coach as lazy, giving him millions of dollars, then expecting him to work his ### off for their franchise. Just my opinion, and everyone has one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is funny.***

Apr 19, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Here's another thought. ]

Wow just wow, so following your logic

Apr 19, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Possible even Clowney's Mom wanted him at CU due to DabO's ]

Dabo and BV get the most out of Clemson's defensive players and Spurrier and his defensive coaches just let their players become lazy thugs. Then please explain why Morris and his high powered offense hasn't broken the 17 point barrier against this poorly coached and lazy bunch of defensive misfits in not 1, 2 , 3 or 4 but 5 long years. Just imagine what the scores would have been had the coots actually had decent coaching and players who weren't lazy. Never mind, I recommend you sit back and have another couple sips of that nice refreshing cool-aid Dabo is fixing up, I can't imagine what he puts in that stuff but it must be powerful. At this rate if he slips up and wins one against SC, I suspect statues of him and the rest of the coaches will be erected along with a parade in their honor.

"cadcock"..that was a bit mean-spiritied. RU a FFRF member?!

Apr 19, 2014, 10:52 AM

Haaaa...just kidding, and YES we will erect a statue of some type (on Willie B field) when Tigers beat your Coots.

GoTiGERS..git er done this year or go home to live with MaMa and her Obamacare insurance policy for you til age 26.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic