Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I guess those racial slurs didn't bother Justin after all...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,852

I guess those racial slurs didn't bother Justin after all...

Aug 30, 2020, 7:19 AM

https://twitter.com/RadiNabulsi/status/1299798574377644034?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1299798574377644034%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.theclemsoninsider.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D130647

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, old Dr. Phil does a helluva good Biden!

Aug 30, 2020, 7:22 AM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess those racial slurs didn't bother Justin after all...

Aug 30, 2020, 8:55 AM

Would he necessarily be a lock to beat out Jamie Newman? They're very similar players. Most NFL scouts have Newman as the #1 QB in the SEC right now...not necessarily high praise, since #2 is Mac Jones and #3 is Kellen Mond, but Newman is still a pretty durn good QB, whatever.

Aug 30, 2020, 9:08 AM

quozzel,

What's your take on JT Daniels in the QB mix? He is still recovering from the ACL but not fully cleared so not likely the day 1 starter.

I'll hang up and listen.

#MAPA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess those racial slurs didn't bother Justin after all... ]

Yeah but Newman had a better WR Corp at Wake than he will have at UGA. That’s going to be interesting to follow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Aug 30, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: I guess those racial slurs didn't bother Justin after all... ]

Newman is good, But Fields is atop 5 pick in next year's draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He just played the Race card,knew NCAA wouldn't

Aug 30, 2020, 9:15 AM

touch it. Meanwhile kids with legitimate reasons had to sit.

MRTTMT, you are 100% correct

Aug 30, 2020, 9:18 AM

Too many are afraid to say what you just said - the truth.

You nailed it perfectly.

Yep. That is exactly why I posted it. That is exactly what

Aug 30, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to He just played the Race card,knew NCAA wouldn't ]

he did. And he did not mean one word of it.

WOW, I can't ever recall reading one of your posts and

Aug 30, 2020, 10:00 AM

being disappointed... this is new for me coming from you as I would never expect to witness race-baiting from you...
Justin Fields very well MAY have used the racial slurs as a convenient excuse to transfer and be granted immediate eligibility, but the ncaa was not obligated to grant the eligibility no more than when they refused immediate eligibility... ultimately, the decision was the ncaa's and the "fault" is theirs...
Justin Fields DID have the slurs hurled at him, and that is NEVER acceptable. Justin has friends at uga, and i'm disappointed that so many people are jumping on the rumor that he is transferring back to uga, and being at the scrimmage is evidence. it's only evidence that he went home for whatever reason and wanted to hang out with friends. If he is to never step back on the uga campus again because an idiot threw slurs at him would mean that he can't distinguish a specific offender from all white people, but this says to me that he's not holding a grudge against uga and holding all of uga responsible for one idiots behavior. If that is your expectation, then, I would reasonably expect that you would expect that an African-American, Asian, Indian or Latino who has had slurs hurled at them on Clemson's campus would ever step foot back on Clemson's campus because I have personally seen people of all of those groups, at one time or another, be victimized by racial slurs.
And if it becomes true that Justin Fields does transfer back to uga, wouldn't that be more of a reflection of those Christian ethos, turn the other cheek and forgive them for they know not what they do?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did he have his OH St helmet still on

Aug 30, 2020, 10:40 AM

has he removed his hands from it yet? That is the image I picture when I hear his name

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WOW, I can't ever recall reading one of your posts and

Aug 30, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to WOW, I can't ever recall reading one of your posts and ]

Just need some clarity here:

“If he is to never step back on the uga campus again because an idiot threw slurs at him would mean that he can't distinguish a specific offender from all white people, but this says to me that he's not holding a grudge against uga and holding all of uga responsible for one idiots behavior.“

... so, how is this different from him demanding a transfer from the NCAA for one idiots behavior?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is what I am saying. He conveniently used the slur to

Aug 30, 2020, 11:10 AM

transfer and play immediately, but less than a year later, he is back at Georgia visiting. It does not make sense. I don't care whether he plays at Georgia or not. I just find it incredulous that he would even visit Georgia again.

Re: That is what I am saying. He conveniently used the slur to

Aug 30, 2020, 11:37 AM

The guy who said the word was at N Greenvill playing baseball. Maybe he stopped by to see him. Oh and BTW why is he in Athens when Oh St is in session?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: WOW, I can't ever recall reading one of your posts and

Aug 30, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to WOW, I can't ever recall reading one of your posts and ]

Agree with your general sentiment, however I think the point is that Fields used the one off slur made by an idiot to give the impression he didn't feel safe at UGA to avoid having to sit a year. I also noticed you left white people off your list of those that get racial slurs thrown their way as if they do not exist. Having played sports in SC public schools, I saw way more of that on the field than the other way around. Most of it was good natured and not used with any particular malice, but I do find it problematic that racial slurs to certain races are taboo, while others are generally acceptable. Your point about turning the cheek to the idiots is the real lesson to be learned. There will always be ‘isms’ out there, and people who are ‘ists’ (insert your varietal stem word). Exaggerating the extent of these ‘isms’ or broad brushing entire groups of people while creating protected classes of other people is the true problem in today’s culture. It creates resentment and divides us further, while we should in fact accept each other and judge each other (if necessary) on an basis of the individual character.. period.

Well said, white boy.***

Aug 30, 2020, 11:49 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd also like to add, in my humble opinion,

Aug 30, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to He just played the Race card,knew NCAA wouldn't ]

this most came from a lawyer and not JF.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,852
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic