Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woke-ism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 242

Woke-ism

Apr 4, 2021, 9:11 AM

So it seems LinkedIn is regressing into more political discussion. Check out this post and follow-up by one woke individual.

I am a founder. By putting my gender and my race in front of what I am belittles what I’ve accomplished. I’m ready to drop the gender and the race and get back to the work I’m doing. Who’s with me?

So the uber woke Mr. James Stroud, Jr replies with this ridiculous line of thinking which seems to be becoming mainstream:

That is terribly naive. That's worse than saying I don't see color. You are really saying is not okay for you to be black or a woman. This world is race driven, gender driven, religious driven, war driven and the beat goes on. So for all you one woman and one man stands on trying to shift the paradigm all by yourself, nice try, but no cigar. When I hear people say, I don't see color. What they really mean is it's not okay for you to be a person of color or Black, which can also transcend into gender. We still have little boys who think that they're supposed to be better than girls at everything just because they're boys. Yes they suffer from gender entitlement and some race and gender entitlement. So you're not proving anything nor are you going to change anything when it comes to how the rest of the world will see you. It reminds me of a little child who is afraid of the dark or afraid of a menacing looking stranger and decides that because they close their eyes and can't see the monster on the movie screen or that so-called human being that looks menacing that was looking at them in the mall or on the street, that it makes them invisible. So wake up my sister. We can still see you and they can still see you too.

Does this dumba$$ really want me to see first a person’s skin color when I look at them? And, what am I supposed to think (per the woke standards)? Am I supposed to offer condolences and sympathy on their status as a protected class? Should I ask if they would like me to give them money, food, clothing, a college scholarship? Should I offer them the job as CFO of my company even though they have no CFO skills?

Or should I think about this black person being in the job they are in ONLY because they are black and wonder why 1) such a thing is consistent with the 1964 Civil Rights Act and 2) are they really qualified to do the job. If this woke BS continues and is institutionalized in the liberal universities and teaching hospitals, why would I ever agree to see a doctor who was made a doctor not based on their intelligence or ability but by the color of their skin? I wouldn’t and I won’t.

Anyone who believes Mr. Stroud’s line of thinking is progress is out of their mind. Who’s with me?

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/nafissatou-tine-a0542139_inspired-by-ashley-sumner-i-am-a-founder-activity-6780139139976192001-A5MM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woke-ism

Apr 4, 2021, 9:16 AM

Woke folk seem mad even when they get what they say they want.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 242
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic