Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the 15+ mentions over the last 2 mos
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,063

With the 15+ mentions over the last 2 mos

Mar 3, 2021, 8:42 AM

It seems you all miss me along with a couple of AWOL joungers

I don't have any great tales of the last 8 mos to keep your imagination captive. I lost my job along with 70 some odd other employees last July. That job had me sitting in front of a computer all day. While yes it was dead end I enjoyed what I did and made a good living. They gave me a great severance package that allowed me to wipe out all of my debt aside from my mortgage.

I took a job at a local camera store, where the owner always bragged about being the only camera store in the state of SC. There I made Joe Biden's minimum wage and discovered you would not be able to making living working full-time at minimum wage, even if its $15/hr. I guess minimum wage was never meat for 40 hr/week workers. Who knew?

I spent my fall hiking and camping and winter on the icy north faces of Sugar and Beech Mtn, as usual. I picked up some heavy duty pro camera gear along the way that's not making me any significant money but I have fun using it. Up next is a $12k lens like you see on the sidelines of pro sporting events.

A few months ago a Charlotte based company sought me out for employment. They were one of my accts from my last job. They offered me a position consisting of sitting in front of a computer all day and with a pay raise nearly double that of what I was making at QS1, doing the exact same work I did at QS1, I felt I couldn't let this pass by. QS1 will most likely be closing their doors in 7-10 yrs. so I hope to ride this wave until then. After that I need the $12k lens to start paying me back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update

Mar 3, 2021, 8:44 AM

now post some tiddies or GTF(back)O!

Re: Thanks for the update

Mar 3, 2021, 8:48 AM

Even though you defriended me on facebook

Mar 3, 2021, 8:44 AM

I still consider you a friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

FUPA stories are missed.***

Mar 3, 2021, 8:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FUPA stories are missed.***

Mar 3, 2021, 9:31 AM

I quit being friends with her and CRulez a Long time ago! Im still friends with WV chainsaw teeth. She has a little Karen in her sometimes but nothing as funny as FUPA

So are you moving to Charlotte? I can't tell.

Mar 3, 2021, 8:47 AM

But congrats...I think?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good morning. How about let's get some coffee

Mar 3, 2021, 8:48 AM

so we can keep up.

HE SITS IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER ALL DAY YOU AIN'T GOT TO MOVE TO CHARLOTTE FOR THAT.

That read weird, like I have a new job !

Mar 3, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to So are you moving to Charlotte? I can't tell. ]

But it will be gone in a few years

It went from

to

pretty quick

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That read weird, like I have a new job !

Mar 3, 2021, 8:51 AM

After having the job at QS1 for 15 years and worried to leave, then getting laid off and realizing its not a big deal, I don't have an issue with this job lasting 7-10 years. ####, if its gone in 4 I'll be ok with that too. As Obed eloquently labelled it, its a dead end job. Who wants that?

Its work from home

Mar 3, 2021, 8:49 AM [ in reply to So are you moving to Charlotte? I can't tell. ]

Im moving to Moonville SC next month but should be back in Murderberg by the fall

STORY TIME!

Mar 3, 2021, 8:52 AM

Please to be explaining why anyone, for any reason, would move to Moonville. Kthx.

TIL there's a place called Moonville.***

Mar 3, 2021, 8:53 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are 2 things in Moonville that I know of:

Mar 3, 2021, 8:55 AM

1. A McDonalds
2. A factory that is a BMW supplier

Don't recall if there is a stop light or not. I'll go out on a limb and say there is prolly a dollar store there too, but that part is unverified.

Re: There are 2 things in Moonville that I know of:

Mar 3, 2021, 8:57 AM

They have a Clock, Food Lion, a Mexican and an Asian restaurant along with a BoJangles. Its practically the Duncan of Pelzer

There's a few more things there than those .............

Mar 3, 2021, 9:02 AM [ in reply to There are 2 things in Moonville that I know of: ]

two. Oh and e ff that factory that supplies BMW. Two of those BTW.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you please use this lens to take a nice clean updated

Mar 3, 2021, 8:50 AM

photo of your womb wrecker and t-male it to hotsawce so that he can show it to his wife and her boyfriend?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you go after it at full max and that I can appreciate

Mar 3, 2021, 9:09 AM

keeping going after that dream and make it happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you go after it at full max and that I can appreciate

Mar 3, 2021, 9:16 AM

I never ever would have thought I would own a lens like that or even some of the gear I have now. I know this might sound petty to some of the thousandairs on here but it feels great to be able to drop the 12 grand on the lens w/o batting an eye. I should have it by Aug, in time for the elk rut season.

I got into DoorDash'ing

Mar 3, 2021, 9:11 AM

I quit the camera store at the beginning of Feb and started my new job Mar 1

I did that so I could have a month off to do whatever which included skiing and picture taking.

My brother is a full time firefighter and on his days off he started DoorDash'ing and told me about it. So I looked into and signed myself up.

Turns out people are lazy af and will pay money to keep this lifestyle up. In Feb I "Dash'ed" for 50 hrs and made $900. I think I spent about $200 in gas.

Sadly no one ever came to the door nekkid. The laziest delivery I ever made was from a Marcos Pizza to an apartment complex behind Marcos Pizza. When I put the address in my gps at Marcos Pizza it came up with a 5 min walk.

A buddy sent a group text pic of an oyster roll from our

Mar 3, 2021, 9:18 AM

local sushi joint. Since they only do takeout when we have pandemics (I think they just made this rule up on the spot a year ago since I had never seen it documented anywhere), I haven't had their sushi in forever, but I believe this roll costs $7. He paid something around $20 for it after tax, tag, title, delivery, and bloodwork.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sunday I made $14 to take a BoJangles Family dinner

Mar 3, 2021, 9:25 AM

4 miles. I can't imagine what their total bill was for that.

The family meal box is like $25 so add in the $14 and then

Mar 3, 2021, 9:49 AM

Door Dash has to take some kind of cut, they could have spent $50 for chicken fingers.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I see why everyone wants $15/hr***

Mar 3, 2021, 10:00 AM

Wait, you weren't here. Didn't notice***

Mar 3, 2021, 3:23 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,063
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic