Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the Coots ever reach the level of ELITE recruiting to where they turn away 4-star Jamyest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Will the Coots ever reach the level of ELITE recruiting to where they turn away 4-star Jamyest

Aug 28, 2016, 2:37 AM

Williams type recruits?

Or will they always place cash in the outstretched hands of guys rejected by the blue bloods like tOSU, Clemson and UGA... out out of sheer desperation to remain in the discussion for top 25, hopeful of more outback bowls to claim victories over irrelevant 7-5 tOSU and Michigan teams that led to alumni outrage and head coach firings?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will the Coots ever reach the level of ELITE recruiting to where they turn away 4-star Jamyest

Aug 28, 2016, 3:16 AM

Maybe with the right coach, but not under Muscrap. They simply do not have enough history or tradition compared to their immediate rivals such as Clemson, UF, UGa., UT, Auburn, Bama or even Ga. Tech. Thus their staff mostly cannot sustain and compete. Just look at Holtz and OBC. Each got USC to success, but could not get past certain points which ultimately define a program, i.e. conference titles, major bowl wins.

Go Tigers!

They've got to have something to sell and somebody that can

Aug 28, 2016, 5:53 AM

it.

As has been mentioned, they have ZERO tradition to sell. It seems to me it would be almost impossible to sell that campus when competing against the likes of Clemson, UGA, TN, Florida, FSU, etc.. The ONLY thing they can try to sell is the chance to play in the SEC, which really doesn't make one bit of sense as we all know, yet some impressionable kids fall for it, AND all of their SEC competition can play the same card.

To top it all off, they have a crazy-eyed, simmering volcano of a coach with a history of failure trying to sell all of that.

Good times!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They've got to have something to sell and somebody that can

Aug 28, 2016, 6:19 AM

Clemson is their best recruting tool right now. The players that we recruit but ultimately dont take and have to look elsewhere is ripe for the picking, especially when it comes to 4-stars. The coots will play the "Clemson dont want you, come play in the $EC" card. I think Clemson would have loved to have had Williams, but he was simply outrecruited.
I would have thought the guy would have had more sense, though, than to go to usuck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

back a few years ago they had three 10 win seasons in a row

Aug 28, 2016, 7:13 AM [ in reply to They've got to have something to sell and somebody that can ]

that right there is tradition since the history of college football is 5 years long

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the closest thing they have to "tradition" in any

Aug 28, 2016, 11:57 AM

positive sense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

But where will all the 2*s go?!?

Aug 28, 2016, 7:11 AM

Paul Johnson can't sign all of them. They need another option!

~JKB

Re: Will the Coots ever reach the level of ELITE recruiting to where they turn away 4-star Jamyest

Aug 28, 2016, 7:17 AM

The coots will never be elite. Ever. It's that simple.

No , but they have already reached the point where they will

Aug 28, 2016, 7:58 AM

run off a 2* to make room for a 4*.......

did JW really show up at the all in cookout and was told he

Aug 28, 2016, 8:30 AM

Was not allowed in? Did we really do that? If so, I'm guessing he may be pissed and went to SC

Re: did JW really show up at the all in cookout and was told he

Aug 28, 2016, 8:44 AM

Guys I have been around here for years. You are all better than that. Clemson missing on a recruit is not because Clemson pulled the offer, told him to look around, etc.

Many things play into the choice and one of them will get Clemson burned the most moving forward and it is simply due to success. I'm a 4 star Rec, CB, DL, etc. I am being recruited by UGA, Clemson, Bama, etc. USC has an opening I think I can fill right away, I may choose the lesser quality team right now because as a winner, I feel I can make them better and can play sooner.

USC can say hey superstar you can come in and play right away. Fact - kid can be good but sitting behind a hotshot at Clemson and choose to go elsewhere because of that alone.

Doesn't mean Clemson coaches didn't want him, doesn't mean anything other than he can play somewhere else.

Clemson used the same tactic just 2-5 years ago and it worked well for them!! Look at the talent now, looks like only 5 stars can come in a play right away. Bama and LSU seem to have been there for years! sitting 4 stars is a special place and Clemson is there

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

JW did not have a comittable offer from Clemson

Aug 28, 2016, 9:20 AM

that is a fact

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: JW did not have a comittable offer from Clemson

Aug 28, 2016, 10:48 AM

lol Ryan Bartow disagrees.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: JW did not have a comittable offer from Clemson

Aug 28, 2016, 11:11 AM

He is a good player. Congrats to you coots. But the FACT is Clemson did NOT have a spot for him when HE wanted to commit. Clemson had a spot for him early on in the recruiting process - but it was filled when JW decided he wanted to commit.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

since coaches can't comment on a prospect

Aug 28, 2016, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: JW did not have a comittable offer from Clemson ]

any prospect can say I choose this school over these others and the others look like they were left at the altar. the headline should be "clemson chooses terrell over williams" lol

And with good reason. AJ is the #1 CB in the country

Aug 28, 2016, 11:28 AM

He is a lock down corner. JW is a nickel, situational player. He will never be a boundary corner that will cover #1 WR's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And with good reason. AJ is the #1 CB in the country

Aug 28, 2016, 11:32 AM

he will have to be down there. unfortunately for him, our boundary receivers will be players like 6'5 Overton and 6'4 Higgins so good luck with that! like taking candy from a baby

Aug 28, 2016, 11:40 AM

Insert joke about what is in between Jamy and Deondre....

The punchline is 8"

Aug 28, 2016, 11:42 AM

Actually if he's really 5,7" instead of 5'8" it's worse than I said!

10" height difference

Can anyone say fade route corner end zone?

He didn't have a Cookout invite.

Aug 28, 2016, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: did JW really show up at the all in cookout and was told he ]

He came anyway AND tried to commit. They wouldn't take it, he got mad and left. Reports have him also trying to commit to UGA last week end and them not take his commitment . Facts be facts.

Re: did JW really show up at the all in cookout and was told he

Aug 28, 2016, 9:21 AM [ in reply to did JW really show up at the all in cookout and was told he ]

No, he came uninvited. Coaches made it clear he was not a take until he was done visiting schools.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic