Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will someone please create a post degrading Brownell...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,050

Will someone please create a post degrading Brownell...

Mar 13, 2017, 8:50 PM

I haven't seen one of those in a while.

Thanks

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone (or most anyway) are trying to degrade

Mar 13, 2017, 8:55 PM

BB-- rather just pointing out the reality of where the program is... I like BB, and I think he genuinely loves Clemson... but he just doesn't have the results.

I feel that DRAD will evaluate after the NIT. Just b/c he hasn't announced anything doesn't mean it won't happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowtown, you seem very knowledgeable about CU bball...

Mar 13, 2017, 9:06 PM

But you have to admit that the posts on here regarding Brownell and our bball team are condescending and sarcastic and it gets old after a while. None of us... NONE... on here know more than Brownell or DRad. They have the situation under control. We are here to SUPPORT Clemson no matter what and let the admin deal with the rest. I can understand the notion not showing up to games shows DRad that we want change but that is simply unfair to the players that give their all for this university.

Those are my thoughts and I will support the Tigers and Brownell to the bitter end

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very few are talking about not showing up

Mar 13, 2017, 9:25 PM

few do anyway, that's just our history. But when we're picked preseason 14 or 15 next year, do you really think there will be any excitement at all?

Only one way to change that and that is to win. Odds are it isn't happening next season, but I do want that to happen

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you... you gotta think DRAD knows what he's

Mar 13, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Snowtown, you seem very knowledgeable about CU bball... ]

doing... he wants to keep his job too, so there is an element where he knows whether or not to stay the course or make a change...

however.. from a purely fan perspective...

at some point you have to win games, period. Most everyone agreed last year that, if BB got one more year, he had to make the NCAAT this year. I am not a big fan of pointing to all the close losses, etc... because, again, at some point, you just have to win enough games.

I also don't think you can ignore the fact that BB took over a program in MUCH better shape than the one Purnell took over. Were things on the decline under OP? I don't doubt that, but I don't think it was as bad as some make it out to be. We are still talking about a program that was solidly in 3 straight NCAATs, made an ACCT championship game appearance, and won more ACC games than everyone except Duke or UNC over OP's final 3 years.

Regardless of losing a couple of guys, or OP falling off in recruiting.. THAT is the program BB took over. When you look at the last 7 years through that lens, its hard to argue that we haven't massively underachieved and taken steps backwards. We are 2 full recruiting cycles into BBs tenure, with 1 NCAAT and 2 NITs to show for it.

Like I said, you gotta think the admin knows what they are doing... and I will support BB until the end. I think he's a good guy and I think he genuinely loves Clemson... but at some point, you just have to produce.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this based on insider knowledge?***

Mar 13, 2017, 9:30 PM [ in reply to I don't think anyone (or most anyway) are trying to degrade ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

<yawn>***

Mar 13, 2017, 10:22 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,050
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic