Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will negative focus on Clemson impact recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Will negative focus on Clemson impact recruiting

Jul 28, 2019, 8:02 AM

In states with only SEC markets? If you live in Alabama, Louisiana, or Tennessee and you are a 5 star with a decision to make, will the recent intense negative focus on Clemson make an impact? Just curious on your take on this TN. I think why there is such a focus is because of our new nation-wide recruiting strategy that includes plucking 5 star talent right out of SEC only states. Oh, how can they fight back? Call Finebaum and get him working on it. Get him to pound the message on the ACC is weak and Clemson in no way could play a SEC schedule without losing multiple games. Make sure the young recruits watching this stuff get a full dose. Meeting Dabo and our coaches diffuses some of this stuff but young people are easily distracted as we know. Anywho . . .Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it. The recruits saw the game. They ain't stupid.

Jul 28, 2019, 8:10 AM

It is kind of like if Angeline Jolie said "Margot Robbie just isn't that pretty"......"If I had 2 hours to get ready , I would still look just as good as she does"..."She only has to spend 30 minutes in the gym to stay in shape at her age"..." The sun is easier on your skin in Australia"..."She is not a natural blond you know".....

Know what I mean?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I doubt it. The recruits saw the game. They ain't stupid.

Jul 28, 2019, 9:46 AM

To think I was just about to sleep with Margot Robbie. I dodged a bullet.

No

Jul 28, 2019, 8:12 AM

It's not that PF hasn't tried, but recruits have more information available than in the past, i.e. they are too smart to fall for it. Clemson is #1 in recruiting at this point, and still in the running for more five-star players.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

What dabo and trump

Jul 28, 2019, 8:20 AM

Have done to media has been fascinating.

Don't Tell Me. You Wouldn't be so Paranoid if They Weren't

Jul 28, 2019, 8:17 AM

out to Get you?

Re: Will negative focus on Clemson impact recruiting

Jul 28, 2019, 8:22 AM

Finebaum is a no nothing shill. No one involved in the sport pays any attention to his prattle. Its for the sports call in crowd. And most of them are not the brightest bulb in the pack just like PF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Negative focus?

Jul 28, 2019, 8:33 AM

Are you serious? The majority of news and opinion focused on Clemson in the last 4 years has been overwhelmingly positive. We've made the CPF four years in a row, won it twice, been a preseason top ranked team for pretty much the whole life of current recruits, all our coaches have been National Coach or Assistant Coach of the year, our players graduate, Dabo Swinney is THE darling of the college football press, and we just had our entire defensive line drafted into the NFL with a flourish and with great press every step of the way. Most of the world of college football thinks our sophomore QB is the best player to have played the most important position on the field in decades.

Don't give Paul Finebaum too much credit. He's doing his job stirring up controversy but the Clemson Program is sailing along on top of the world. But who is it exactly that listens to an old man talk show in the afternoons? A) High school coaches? B) High school players? C) Or mostly old geeks with allegiances and prejudices and loyalties that will never change? I'll give you a hint; it's not A or B.

Clemson football has never had this much great press, never been as dominant in the world of college football as we are today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative focus?

Jul 28, 2019, 8:38 AM

+1 for the hint.

Jul 28, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Negative focus? ]

This sums it up nicely! Kudos!

Jul 28, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Negative focus? ]

TU

Jul 28, 2019, 8:59 AM

I don't want to put words in your mouth, so I have to ask. Do you think Paul Finebaum can impact Clemson recruiting? If that is the question, them my answer is a resounding "no." As football fans we can hardly avoid Finebaum because his ugly mug is everywhere on ESPN, etc. But elite recruits are making their decisions based on much better information than whatever Finebaum is saying.

Are you for real? Uhmm no.***

Jul 28, 2019, 9:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 9:37 AM

User Logo
AThomas®
Legend [15726]
TigerPulse: 100%
Will negative focus on Clemson impact recruiting [1]
Posted: Jul 28, 2019 8:02 AM

In states with only SEC markets? If you live in Alabama, Louisiana, or Tennessee and you are a 5 star with a decision to make, will the recent intense negative focus on Clemson make an impact? Just curious on your take on this TN. I think why there is such a focus is because of our new nation-wide recruiting strategy that includes plucking 5 star talent right out of SEC only states. Oh, how can they fight back? Call Finebaum and get him working on it. Get him to pound the message on the ACC is weak and Clemson in no way could play a SEC schedule without losing multiple games. Make sure the young recruits watching this stuff get a full dose. Meeting Dabo and our coaches diffuses some of this stuff but young people are easily distracted as we know. Anywho . . .Go Tigers!!!

really. you just typed that. really. smfh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 10:49 AM

It's a legitimate question not a statement of fact. It has been a long Summer of attack on Clemson by others. Does that impact our program? I tend to agree it does not but there may be other opinions. That's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 10:14 AM

Only if you are so stupid to
believe Finebaum without
doing your due diligence!

Jul 28, 2019, 11:16 AM

I think it does nothing but help.

A) More exposure! The more Clemson is mentioned the better.

B) It just shows that the SEC is scared of Lil’ old Clemson. Clemson is in their heads big time.

Jul 28, 2019, 11:17 AM

No. True competitors are “results driven” from the inside out. Clemson’s results are undeniable and those that are attempting to deny our results just look stupid and the true competitors see it, clear as day.

###?!

Jul 28, 2019, 11:54 AM

U give it legs, seeding negativity and doubt by purveying false narratives base on embellishment; embellishment & hyperbole, speak into existence & transform opinion into fact. Further discussion serves no positive purpose for us.
Writer/journalist/blogger sees multiple threads on this horrifically beaten dead horse and this feeds the idea that there is an appetite & demand for further invasive editorialized reporting on this subject. Of course I realize I'm pi$sin in the wind.

Jul 28, 2019, 12:12 PM

PF was once in a group discussion where the question was asked: "what college coach would you want your son to play for?"/

His answer: Dabo Swinney

No***

Jul 28, 2019, 12:15 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 7:16 PM

It's a fair question and I believe it can. If your a 5 star growing up in Georgia and all your life you and your family have been Bulldog fans then sure, negative recruiting might affect you. But for our program, for everyone of those we lose we gain 2 more. They see the difference and when they come to campus they just know that it's different from all the other schools.

Justyn Ross is a good example of the latter. And it looks like we may get E.J. Williams right out of Alabama as well.

You can believe that behind closed doors in Big 10 and SEC markets coaches, fans and merchants are dishing on Clemson as hard as they can. Even media in those markets are going out of their way to make their local schools look better than us.

But ultimately, sunlight is the best disinfectant. If we can get them on campus once...then it's a game changer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's pretty hard to hide a nationally televised Ash-Kicking

Jul 29, 2019, 6:03 AM

of the SEC flagship. People can talk and dish and try to subvert Clemson all they want, but when young kids see older kids like Wilkins and Ferrell having an absolute BLAST and LOVING their college experience, in addition to winning multiple championships and STILL bringing in a big payday with their degree in pocket...how much water do PF's little snips hold? He's a caricature of himself. His job is to "be controversial" Whoop. Some balding Gollum look-alike said whatever. Like Harley said, sure it makes disgruntled old SEC tools crotchety, but they're not the ones being recruited, and they're living 50 years ago. At this moment in time, 17 year old kids who follow football have only known the Dabo version of Clemson. And it's been pretty convincing as the go-to school for a decade now. Dabo shines as an ambassador and marketer. And what's more, he backs it up, and is vouched for by former player ambassadors in all his previous classes. These recruits know they are getting the genuine article, and it's the standard for BEST right now.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic