Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Bigger and better Tee Higgins will give defenses nightmares this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Bigger and better Tee Higgins will give defenses nightmares this season

Aug 10, 2018, 8:01 AM

Bigger and better Tee Higgins will give defenses nightmares this season

A bigger, faster, stronger Tee Higgins is great for Clemson but should give opposing defensive coordinators nightmares. The Knoxville (TN) native weighed in at 209 pounds earlier this month – up nine pounds from his freshman season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Bigger and better Tee Higgins will give defenses nightmares this season

Aug 10, 2018, 8:13 AM

That all sounds very promising. Safe to say TL picked the right school with all of these options.

Re: TNET: Bigger and better Tee Higgins will give defenses nightmares this season

Aug 10, 2018, 8:58 AM

The future is ridiculous. Higgins, Ross, Kendrick at WR. With TL throwing the ball next year and maybe this year. Brice as a stud backup QB. We have dudes that would feature at other schools fighting just to get in the rotation. As Herbstreit said, an embarrassment of riches.

Aug 10, 2018, 10:30 AM

Let's not forget next year (2019 recruits). Ladson & Ngata will be just as good. Have you watched film on these two? Ngata reminds me of Mike Williams.

WRU and nobody is even close in second.

Love the attitude that if they key in on him he’s ok with that.

Aug 10, 2018, 8:24 AM

This year a lot of pro scouts will be on him and next year for sure. Hoping we get it his way a good bit this year. I felt like we were missing that throw it up and let him go up and get it guy last year. He seems to be next one up. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 8:26 AM

;)

This is why we need TL starting early and...

Aug 10, 2018, 9:20 AM

playing until it's clear we are going to win. Him playing when there's nothing on the line won't desensitize him to the pressure of FBS football. He must be tried and tested many times during the regular season of we are expecting him to play in the post season.

Tee Higgins won't be utilized* without having someone behind center who can give him a shot at one on one balls. His talent and ability is unquestioned yet he's only played as a freshman backup. He be de man. I like him as much as I did Sammy after Sammy's first year. We must have our best passing quarterback getting ready for the post season in September.

ESPin uses the connotation of utilize is to 'Use what you have or what's available, and it's a three-syllable word meaning the same thing as the one-syllable "use.'

I use the denotation which is the dictionary meaning, "make practical and effective use of." That means 'get the most out of,' if anyone's wondering.

We will see TL take the helm early. That's just how it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why we need TL starting early and...

Aug 10, 2018, 10:00 AM

Well said! +10000 .

1988, it’s a different game than even 10 years ago. Much like bball has gotten on the one and done, when you’re bringing in the talent we are, you pretty much plan on 3 years and that’s it. Especially with QB’s and WR’s.

Not too long ago you had most QB’s sit 2 years and then play junior/senior years. Not really the case with elite programs nowadays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL will play the 4th series against opener Furman

Aug 10, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to This is why we need TL starting early and... ]

we will see what he can do.

we will either already be up by 10 points or more or we will need TL to score for us.

it's a simple math equation

if we haven't scored on the first 3 possessions then the QB competition isn't much to speak about .........

null

Redzone.. line up Overton, Higgins, Ross and Galloway..

Aug 10, 2018, 9:59 AM

Welcome to the basketball court.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Redzone.. line up Overton, Higgins, Ross and Galloway..

Aug 10, 2018, 10:01 AM

Yeah, I love that. Good one!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And of course, our best clutch receiver is not mentioned:

Aug 10, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Redzone.. line up Overton, Higgins, Ross and Galloway.. ]

LITTLE UNDERRATED HUNTER RENFROW, how easily we forget. Every good basketball team needs a good point guard.

Re: Redzone.. line up Overton, Higgins, Ross and Galloway..

Aug 10, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Redzone.. line up Overton, Higgins, Ross and Galloway.. ]

gtriple® said:

Welcome to the basketball court.

Shhhhh!!!.....

Don't give brownell any ideas!!!!

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 10:08 AM

Very informative unfiltered Interview ...

- do coaches have T in starting lineup yet? Might be time.
- looks like No. 1 Mullen and Terrell are the best starting DB dudes per T’s message
- as for JR, those props say a lot. Must be a heckuva baller
- defensive focus on T will leave Amari, HR and others running wide open - like fishing with dynamite - messy for Defense but effective

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 11:35 AM

I believe that all this talk about our receivers, and not much about Amari Rogers is going to have that stud fired up, believe he’ll be big for us as well this year!

Interesting Hunter never gets mentioned, that's ok, keep on

Aug 10, 2018, 12:41 PM

being our "surprise" CLUTCH receiver Hunter, thank you for being so humble! That catch and run against USuck last year and that game winning reception for NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP will be TIGER CLASSICS FOREVER!

Aug 10, 2018, 12:48 PM

This year is going to be VERY fun
That’s all

Aug 10, 2018, 3:02 PM

So when a Tee Higgins calls Justyn Ross a freak, you know life is good at WRU.

Aug 10, 2018, 5:45 PM

I love Kelly B and respect everything he has done for our school but whenever Trev get in there it's REALLY gonna be a problem. I'm looking forward to seeing him earn the starting spot by Texas A&M game. If he's as good as I think he is he'll be in there by 2nd half but we shall see.......

Can I have a Piggy Back Ride - coot DBs

Aug 10, 2018, 6:07 PM

and maybe some others

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will KB be able to match last years 13 TD stat?

Aug 11, 2018, 11:14 AM

I'm assuming KB gets at least 3 TDs against Furman and 3 against Georgia Southern

Aug 12, 2018, 2:13 PM

Tee Higgins is from Oak Ridge, TN, not Knoxville.

Aug 12, 2018, 2:14 PM

He's not from Knoxville

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic