Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of us in the middle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 960

For those of us in the middle

Mar 31, 2021, 8:54 PM

Do you share my distain for watching CNN or Fox at all post election? Nothing gets me in a worse mood than watching either one of these channels. Admittedly trumps scary personality and character made me want him out of office in a big way so I watched these channels before the election. I was somewhat of a mercenary enjoying CNN in those days just because I felt like Trump was the greater evil of all those out there at that time.

But now that I’m back to my center right normal position, I am disgusted by both channels. Wish there was some news source out there that I could trust. But I haven’t found it yet. The major network channels seem too skewed to the left. Anyone have any suggestions?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s entertaining to watch CNN for 5 minutes and

Mar 31, 2021, 10:23 PM

then FOX for 5 minutes and ponder how these 2 broadcasts are actually covering news in the same country.

I have to try to read multiple articles on the same event to try to figure out exactly what really happened ...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why watch the news at all?

Mar 31, 2021, 11:15 PM

Read some good articles from WSJ, periodically check in for any breaking news, but largely ignore Fox or CNN. Even the TNet P&R board keeps you aware of any political items to research further.

Both are primarily biased opinion sites. Start watching more Netflix and enjoying time with family, friends, hobbies or outside.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of us in the middle

Mar 31, 2021, 11:15 PM

I keep putting this chart (see attached) up. It rates news organizations based on ideology AND accuracy. Try the ones in the top middle.

If they still seemed to be skewed left - perhaps the problem is YOUR perspective.

Apr 1, 2021, 7:27 AM

Please keep posting your biased bias chart.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey now VOX and HuffinPuff are center

Apr 1, 2021, 7:39 AM

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hey now VOX and HuffinPuff are center

Apr 1, 2021, 12:56 PM

like I said . . .

Apr 1, 2021, 5:43 PM

This chart is already debunked. Next.

Apr 1, 2021, 8:21 PM

You got a better one

from a reputable source, I mean.

Apr 1, 2021, 2:03 AM

I am in the middle and CNN is more towards that than MSNBC or Fox. CNN is left, but nothing like as nuts as Fox is right.. Fox isn't even news. What's sad is the right doesn't even have 1 news source at all...not even 1.

Apr 1, 2021, 1:46 PM

Carlsbad® said:

I am in the middle and CNN is more towards that than MSNBC or Fox. CNN is left, but nothing like as nuts as Fox is right.. Fox isn't even news. What's sad is the right doesn't even have 1 news source at all...not even 1.

What exactly do you watch on fox? I used to watch Fox News but haven’t watched ‘iChat in the last 2 years.

The daytime stuff is usually center to right. Habitual and laura Ingram are far right.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2021, 1:48 PM

I watch everything on Fox at one point or another.

Kinda hard to be disgusted by a channel you never watch.

Apr 1, 2021, 2:49 AM

Don't watch either. Last cable news I watched was on January 6th. And that was for the live coverage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2021, 1:27 PM

PBS Newshour, Amanpour, occasionally UK Skynews (which is owned by Skygroup/Comcast) on Apple TV.

Everything else is trash.

Apr 1, 2021, 1:50 PM

Pretty much. There is some good stuff on Vice. I also like some Frontline stuff too.

Apr 1, 2021, 3:45 PM

Happy to say that other than football, I haven't watched TV in over 5 years. And don't miss it a bit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2021, 8:42 AM

About the only "news" show I watch anymore is The Five on Fox News. I only watch that to listen to Greg Gutfield's hilarious takes on the left and then watch as Juan Williams tries to deflect.

I don't know if Al Sharpton still has a show on MSNBC, but I used to find entertainment watching while he mispronounced words and yelled at the camera.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 960
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic