Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Jeff Scott is perfect for job
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Why Jeff Scott is perfect for job

Nov 28, 2014, 10:10 AM

Jeff Scott is our beat recruiter, he has brought in the likes off watkins, Hopkins, Bryant and not to mention the two studs that will be here shortly in ray ray and caine. Him staying assures this big time recruits stay. Also he has been learning the system the past 4 years. There should be no drop off Jeff Scott has potential and the coaching staff knows it just like they did with Dabo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice first post

Nov 28, 2014, 10:12 AM

Mrs. Scott :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Nice first post

Nov 28, 2014, 10:13 AM

I completely agree with this and like Chad, he won a State Title as a High School Head Coach. Like I've said on several other posts, we need a good young QB Coach to support him, but I think Jeff is the right guy.

Re: Nice first post

Nov 28, 2014, 10:20 AM

Mr. Boyd, Grad. Assistant QB Coach, Knows the system, has the drive.

Is that you Jeff?***

Nov 28, 2014, 10:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that you Jeff?***

Nov 28, 2014, 10:20 AM

No it's a fan who realizes that the two recent strengths outside of us playing on the field is our recruiting and our wide receivers success in the NFL labeling us the new "WRUniversity" both which have links to the coaching and recruiting Jeff Scott has done. We don't need a big name from somewhere else when we have a key member to our recent success already on board

Re: Is that you Jeff?***

Nov 29, 2014, 10:32 AM

You are soooo right on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think Dabo would give him a shot

Nov 28, 2014, 10:29 AM

My deal is how is Scott's feel for the game?

I just want an OC with common sense and the ability to adapt on the fly.

He's been working under Chad long enough to know the playbook. So knowing the plays shouldn't be an issue. Knowing which ones to call and when to call them is the key. If we're running for 8 yds a clip, does he get bored with it and just starts chunking it downfield? 1st and goal inside the 1 yd line: do we get in the shotgun or implement a goal line package with QB sneaks? Those are the situations I want to see him in and see how he responds.

Having an innovative offensive mind is great, but I would like to see if Scott has a good mind offensive mind that doesn't wander into insanity at in opportune times.

~JKB

Re: I would think Dabo would give him a shot

Nov 28, 2014, 10:44 AM

That's to be determined. But with the star caliber offensive players will have and the diverse play book he's been learning I fully trust he can string together a very successful offense for us

Re: I would think Dabo would give him a shot

Nov 29, 2014, 10:42 AM

I have no problem with moving Scott up. But he gets one year to prove he has what it takes. I hope that some posters on this board get an opportunity for a promotion and get passed up because they had not done the job before. If Dabo feels he is ready than this is what should be done, if he has any questions he needs to hire someone proven. Surprised that we did not give Scott the opportunity to call plays against weaker opponents for more development. Good thing is it will keep continuity with recruiting and the general scheme itself. Hey maybe Scott will not call stupid trick plays when we have momentum that end up breaking our momentum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff, is this you?

Nov 28, 2014, 10:29 AM

LOL

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff, is this you?

Nov 28, 2014, 10:38 AM

I know Jeff Scott knows how to develop players. That's for sure.

Re: Why Jeff Scott is perfect for job

Nov 28, 2014, 10:43 AM

I agree with OP.

Nov 29, 2014, 10:34 AM

I totally agree. Scott is a great coach in all aspects

...and he's young, and not some worn out legend like...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:41 AM

...out little brothers to the south always seem to bring in as prospects...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ...and he's young, and not some worn out legend like...

Nov 29, 2014, 11:51 AM

seems like that worn out legend has been whipping swinney's and our butts for some time now.
Talk after we hire a coach that can beat them. It ain't Blabo Swinney

Best reason to promote Scott is...

Nov 29, 2014, 10:42 AM

if we don't, CM will offer him OC job to leave with him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2014, 10:43 AM

Cole Stoudt has also been "learning the system" the past 4 years and that hasn't helped us.

Not saying you're wrong or that I oppose JS for OC, but the fact that he's "sat and learned" behind Morris for 4 years means absolutely diddily.

Does this mean that we get all the good parts of Morris and none of the bad parts? Or did Scott pick up on the bad parts, too? Will Scott be a good gameplanner but be average at best as a playcaller and/or against teams with similar athletic talent? Or will Scott improve on those traits based on him ACTUALLY BEING A BETTER VERSION OF MORRIS?

Will Scott be completely unprepared to make adjustments to his offense based on personnel and responding the adjustments of his opponents? Or did he get a special book from Barnes and Noble to fill in that little important gap in knowledge?

Do you think that if Kevin Steele sat behind Nick Saban for 10 years that it would make him a better DC? I don't.

If it were this simple, then we'd never have to hire another coordinator/spend any money again. We're advocating taking the economical route and path of least resistance (least resistance because a lot of fans know that they don't particularly want an OC with no experience again...but they won't say so in an effort to fit in" with the common thought).

Sorry. I just don't see how "sitting behind" or "learning under" someone who is new to the college game themselves - nor does being a good recruiter of talent - qualify you to gameplan and call plays at the FBS level. I'll support whatever decision is made, but please excuse me if I don't get giddy over us hiring a question mark and starting the Billy Napier thing all over again.

Nov 29, 2014, 11:54 AM

Great Post

Nov 30, 2014, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Why Jeff Scott is perfect for job ]

Good points.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Plus he is a Tiger through and through

Nov 29, 2014, 12:00 PM

he is one of us. This is more than just a job for him, it's his dream job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a Tiger Grad! ALL IN ALL THE FRIGGIN TIME!***

Nov 29, 2014, 11:15 PM

Nov 30, 2014, 12:13 AM

Love Jeff Scott but I would rather have an outside up and comer for OC for the simple fact that if JS flails at OC we would lose our best recruiter. Just like Napier, he was a great recruiter as well. JS is a great recruiting coordinator. If it ain't broke...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic