Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walk of Champions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 79
| visibility 1

Walk of Champions

Nov 21, 2019, 9:55 AM

I don’t recall the coots having an issue with our walk of champs during their five-peat, so why is it an issue now? Ellis fits right in down there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellis is already intimidated.

Nov 21, 2019, 9:57 AM

And it's not even game week. Practice it. "Touchdown (cough) Clemson."

He's going to sound like he gave birth

Nov 21, 2019, 10:43 AM

to a foot-long turd when they get their only TD against us, halfway through the 4th quarter down by 6TD's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's their stadium, they determine where the visiting team

Nov 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

warms up, and they know we do the walk every game. so unless they are trying to create controversy, move our warm up to the other end of the stadium away from their drunk, bottle throwing students. this ain't rocket science.

Re: it's their stadium, they determine where the visiting team

Nov 21, 2019, 10:53 AM

That’s a novel idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to it's their stadium, they determine where the visiting team ]

They tried it, but the mascot got tired of the water bottles when he dropped the shower curtain.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:04 PM

Now that’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Re: it's their stadium, they determine where the visiting team ]

Now that’s funny right there, I don’t care who you are.

only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross

Nov 21, 2019, 11:08 AM [ in reply to it's their stadium, they determine where the visiting team ]

each other to get to warm up side of the field which could lead to even more issues. Right now each team warms up on the side of their locker room. The only real option, which they cant do this year, would be to move the student section to other side. Of course the boosters who sit there currently might have a problem with being moved.

The logical option, and I know its asking a lot of UofSUC fans and students, would be for them to show some class and act like grown adults instead of wild classless animals.

Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross

Nov 21, 2019, 11:43 AM

“The logical option, and I know its asking a lot of UofSUC fans and students, would be for them to show some class and act like grown adults instead of wild classless animals.”

Likewise you guys could quit doing it. You know you’re inciting the crowd when you do it. The classy and adult thing would be to avoid it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Nov 21, 2019, 12:02 PM

Maybe we could just refuse to score all of those touchdowns on y'all, so you wittle fan's won't get their feelings hurt.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:10 PM

The fact you keep trying to shift the argument toward touchdowns is a pretty big indicator you know I’m right about the pregame walk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why can't I down vote these crap posts . . . .

Nov 21, 2019, 12:11 PM

B-Meist®

? ? ? ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

OK - it seems to be fixed now - thanks.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:56 PM

B-Meist®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Poor triggered #####... It’s called a tradition. Something you Coots know nothing about because you copy other schools and change your gimmicky crap every 5 years. How about throwing trash on the field when the opposing teams score touchdowns? I guess that’s too “provoking” also? Snowflakes. Todd Ellis is a POS.

Nov 21, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

We do the walk of Champions at every game at every venue. We get bottles and batteries thrown at us every other year at ONE specific venue. Do the coots have a tradition of throwing at all their games,all their home games, or just the Clemson games?

I hope the ACC refs have the nads to penalize the bottle throwers. I think it was last week someone's mascot drew a penalty for celebrating with one of the players at the back of the endzone.

You are wanting Clemson to stop the walk because you absolutely KNOW that your fans can't stop throwing stuff. You also KNOW this behavior will eventually lead to negative publicity,shame, and embarrassment to your school.

Nov 21, 2019, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Well Hunter Renfrow did get hit with a bottle after he scored his first TD in 2017. Also what is you excuse for doing the same on the UF game? It seems there's a common denominator and it isn't Clemson.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Really Classof09? You usually have a better take.

Nov 21, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

The fact that someone throws an object is completely on them. Nobody can make you do anything. The fact that our team walks arm in arm, and has for 20 years, had zero to do with anyone throwing anything at anybody at any time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Questions for you

Nov 21, 2019, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

since you keep shifting the argument AWAY from the touchdowns. When Hunter Renfrow caught a TD pass in 2017 and was hit with a Coke bottle, what was the rationale? Did he deserve it because catching touchdown passes is mean? When he celebrated with teammates was that considered "provoking and taunting the crowd?"

Thoughts on that?

Re: Questions for you

Nov 22, 2019, 8:54 AM

You seem to be completely missing the point.

Throwing bottles is wrong, every time.

and yet you have defended it multiple times because you

Nov 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

claim to be provoked

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why isn't it a problem anywhere else we go? Why wasn't it

Nov 21, 2019, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

a problem at Auburn or Texas A&M?

Re: Why isn't it a problem anywhere else we go? Why wasn't it

Nov 22, 2019, 4:20 PM

Crickets! No reply? Why is it that your fan base is the only one that responds this way? Waiting......

Nov 22, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

So just to be clear:

You think the right thing to do would be ask a team to stop doing their TRADITION!

Not expect your fans to act like regular good fans..... You are what’s wrong with our country right now. Don’t place the blame on the guilty.... shift it to someone else. Let’s reward failure instead of success. I can’t believe I’m even trying to argue with stupid. You will just drag me to your level and win with experience.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Negative

Nov 21, 2019, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

We don’t have this problem anywhere else... but in the SEC losing just means more

Re: We don’t have this problem anywhere else but in the SEC

Nov 22, 2019, 11:37 AM

The Sugar Bowl anticipated problems with the SEC crowd and uncapped all water bottles at concessions. I wanted so bad to tell them it was ok, we were with the ACC team and were allowed to have lids on our drinks.

It only seems to be an issue with your cesspool dwelling

Nov 21, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

fans.

Why would we change what we do AT EVERY SINGLE GAME just for you punks ?

Nov 21, 2019, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

So we can do this at every venue except SCAR. As stated in the OP don’t recall it being an issue during y’alls 5 peat. Bunch of sore loser cry babies and here you are defending it. In the words of Ron. Burgundy, Keep it classy Columbia

Nov 21, 2019, 12:27 PM

Where have I defended it?

That’s the difference. I’m not defending ours actions. You guys are defending your actions.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:52 PM

The Tigers do the walk at every...single...game. No other fan base throws bottles and trash at the Tigers when they do it.

That puts the blame squarely in the Gamecock fan base, where it obviously belongs.

Stop deflecting an own the classless and unsafe actions of your fellow Gamecocks.

Nov 21, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Our problem solving techniques are a little different. You look at the problem and determine the root cause is us doing the walk. I look at the problem and determine the root cause as fan behavior that is unaccepatable at all venues we play in with the exception of USC. We have played in FSU, Auburn, UGa, Texas A&M, all bastions of college football fandom, and had nary a problem. We just have different analytical problem solving outlooks I guess.

Nov 21, 2019, 2:52 PM

That’s a fair.

I know a guy that overdosed on heroin once.

You would argue that drug dealer shouldn’t sell dope anymore because my buddy has never had any issues from the other drug dealers he’s done business with.

I would argue that drug dealer shouldn’t sell dope anymore, but I would also argue my buddy should stop shooting up.

Different perspectives for sure.

### are you talking about?***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:45 AM

Nov 22, 2019, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

You just proved his point. You hang out with drug addicts so now we know why you think like you do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 3:49 PM

I don’t actually have a friend who overdosed on heroin.

The fact you’re that gullible explains your position on the discussion.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:45 PM

No im not gullible. I chose Clemson. What's your excuse for being a dic k err coc k?

Everybody knows you don't have any friends, that's why you

Nov 23, 2019, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

are here all the time like the ###### loser you are

Nov 23, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

not quite junior. Some people are not smart enough to argue with.

Nov 23, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

not quite junior. Some people are not smart enough to debate with.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Using your logic, if I deem something you do objectionable, I am justified retaliating and then blaming you for my actions.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:38 PM

If I get in your face and taunt you, I certainly would not play the victim if you punched me.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:41 PM

But we are not taunting you. The other teams we play don’t think we are taunting them. Just UofSC thinks this.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:47 PM

But your players are taunting the student section. It’s obvious based on every video I’ve seen.

Post a link of this video, #1. And #2, it's not like your

Nov 21, 2019, 12:53 PM

fans don't already have a reputation for throwing #### on the field and at opposing players. You don't need a reason. It's part of the hateful, loser, inner-city, craphole culture down there.

They do it THE SAME WAY heading to our WestZone area....

Nov 21, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

OHHHH, LOOOOK - THEY ARE TAUNTING HIGH END DONORS THAT HAVE EXPENSIVE SEATS ! ! ! !

It looks EXACTLY the same every time. It looked the same when it was done with Clemson LIFE students a few weeks ago.

All-time crybaby responses . . . . this is record-setting even for you, 69'er.

Nov 21, 2019, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

No different than what we do at home. Are we taunting our own fans?

Nov 22, 2019, 9:00 AM

I just googled a video of you guys doing it at home and it’s funny how your antics toward the crowd are different compared to when you’re in Columbia.

As funny as your loser a$$ or actually funny?***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

Nov 22, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Cry me a river. ####### snowflakes. If your students and fans don't like it then tell your school to put a football team on the field worth a crap to do something about it.

That's because of the little brother syndrome they have.***

Nov 22, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

At least this is an admission that the ### kicking

Nov 21, 2019, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

that your team received in 2004 was their own fault.

But . . .

Nov 21, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

If you waved your hands and beat your chest at me from a distance of 10+ feet, and I threw batteries and bottles at you, would you deem me as having escalated a verbal fracas into something more serious?

Nov 22, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

No, but you’d sill be in jail for assault.

Look here, slick. Nobody else behaves that way

Nov 21, 2019, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

when Clemson visits. Just you bunch of uncultured heathens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Ah the ole " I'm not saying it's her fault she got raped, but if she didn't wear those slutty clothes she wouldn't get raped" response

You're an idiot !!!

Nov 21, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

So rather than expecting your fans to, oh I don't know, conduct themselves like adults with a little class, Clemson should stop something the team has been doing EVERYWHERE for years.

Clemson teams has done this in Athens, in Auburn, in College Station, in Charlotte, and numerous other stadiums across the country. The ONLY PLACE that it has ever been a problem is with the uncouth losers in Columbia.

Gee I wonder why !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bwwaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

Nov 21, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

Really coot? That's your answer? Perhaps you should have suggested this years ago when TB started the tradition. There's nothing classless about the Walk of Champions, it's just a motivational routine our guys go through every single game. We could care less what the opposition thinks about it!

And...if the opposing team doesn't like it, they can lump it...period. Stew in your own self-delusion and pity all you want, but GROW UP.

Re: Bwwaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha

Nov 22, 2019, 9:02 AM

“We could care less what the opposition thinks about it!”

Except you guys clearly do because you get really upset when USC students react negatively toward it.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:38 PM

We don't care what your parking lot dumpster screwing students or fans think about anything we do.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Bwwaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha ]

Boo, hiss, give the one finger salute! Do not throw things! It's that simple genius.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

We aren't going to change our traditions for anybody especially not a program as pathetic as yours DA.

Nov 22, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

We aren't going to change our traditions for anybody especially not a program as pathetic as yours DA.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

We do what we do and you rednecks do what yall do. If you don't like it then turn your head or stick your head up your ###. I am so sick of everybody's witty bitty feewings getting hurt. Get the #### over it!

Nov 22, 2019, 3:50 PM

The irony of posting this in a thread whining about someone else’s actions.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:47 PM

The irony of a dirt ###### being on a Clemson board more often than his own board...Please just go back to your coop where you belong.

why has this become an issue all of a sudden when we’ve been doing it since 1999

Nov 22, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

There is nothing anybody on the field does that warrants throwing stuff on the field. It’s a nondefensable act.

Nov 22, 2019, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: only problem is locker room locations, teams would cross ]

The logical answer would be for you jealous snowflakes to quit thinking everything is at or about you and learn that Clemson does it at EVERY game...and it's been going on for 20 YEARS....Bowden is who started it.

WOC at Syracuse:

WOC at the 2019 National Championship, in a neutral stadium in California:

WOC in CLEMSON:

WOC at GT:

WOC at the 2015 Orange Bowl vs OU:

WOC in the Playoff Semi-final vs ND:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/clemson-tigers-walk-arm-in-arm-prior-to-the-cfp-semifinal-cotton-bowl-picture-id1075814780?s=2048x2048

WOC in snowflake U, the only place that throws bottles because they are insecure little babies.

Here's an idea.... How about instruct your classless

Nov 21, 2019, 11:19 AM

800 on the SAT students to not throw anything and if they do they'll be removed from the stadium and taken to jail. That's what Clemson would do if that behavior became a pattern like it is in Columbia.

...is a MICROAGGRESSION!!!!!

Nov 21, 2019, 11:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Walk of Champions

Nov 21, 2019, 11:44 AM

i didn't even know what the walk was called

The Walk of Imminent A$$ Whoopin***

Nov 21, 2019, 12:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Walk of Champions ]

Me, either. I always thought it was just a show of togetherness, since it was first instituted by Dabo when he took over as interim coach. At that point in time, we were a long way removed from being thought of as "Champions." Has Dabo actually referred to it as that at any point in time?

Nov 21, 2019, 1:09 PM

I thought it was an indication of being "ALL IN". To even recognize it as a taunt is beyond my comprehension. But, as we have learned over the years, any and every thing that even remotely refers to Clemson seems to come across to many Gamecock fans as a taunt. With their program being in a state of turmoil throughout their history appears to create a degree of sensitivity beyond normal.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's success and presence, alone, are seen as

Nov 21, 2019, 1:14 PM

a taunt because they have to have justification for exhibiting their foulness and anger. Our team could sit on our sideline, motionless and silent, and they'd still make delusional accusations.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Walk of Champions ]

Sure is funny how we never complained about their little 5 bombs, but it is funny as hell now! LMAO at you stupid coots.

Nov 21, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Walk of Champions ]

76er® said:

Me, either. I always thought it was just a show of togetherness, since it was first instituted by Dabo when he took over as interim coach. At that point in time, we were a long way removed from being thought of as "Champions." Has Dabo actually referred to it as that at any point in time?

I thought it was originally termed the “All In Walk” but I could be mistaken about that. As has been stated it’s been a team unity thing for at least a decade. It has NEVER been viewed as anything like a taunting gesture by any other fan base except those classless crybabies in Columbia. ......And they didn’t start crying about it until they needed some reason.......any reason they could fabricate in order to try to rationalize their abhorrent behavior.

They know they’re a classless bunch. They know their own fan base is out of control. It’s become their culture and it’s a very bad look. So instead of taking responsibility for their actions and trying to change it, they create a narrative to blame somebody else for their lack of civility.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 10:41 AM

To help all in Columbia, I suggest that we change the name to "walk thru". This would be something that they would be accustomed too. As in, "Clemson is coming to town. Rent is due. They are going to do a walk thru to check on their property." Hope this helps...

Nov 22, 2019, 10:50 AM

Because the coots don't know what walking like a champion feels like and they never will.

Walk of Champions was started during the Bowden era

Nov 22, 2019, 2:30 PM

So, it’s been around for a long time.

Replies: 79
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic