Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does UNC still have accreditation and an athletic department?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,231

Why does UNC still have accreditation and an athletic department?

Jun 22, 2014, 4:38 PM

What they're doing up there stinks to high heaven.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't you hear?

Jun 22, 2014, 6:31 PM

The ACC office, led by John Swofford, and the NCAA, led by a host of people that cannot find their own buttholes with both hands and a flashlight, have declared that not only does UNC's poop NOT stink, but actually smells like a bed of roses!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

UNC could be the poster child for Double Standard!***

Jun 22, 2014, 6:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Initially, I thought the damage to unc's reputation (long)

Jun 22, 2014, 6:55 PM

alongside the three year probation the NCAA already gave them was going to have to suffice. Seeing and hearing those snots get their comeuppance, at least in the media, has been somewhat gratifying.

But here we are 4 years later...their probation is either up or almost up....and despite whistle-blowing revelations by academicians AND former athletes, the resignation of the former president and athletic director and the dismissal of the former football coach, most of those folks in power at unc--especially the BOG--refuse to acknowledge they knowingly allowed the existence of a system designed to do nothing more than keep their athletes eligible.

Bogus classes, forged professor's names on grade changes, tutors going to class and doing work for these athletes goes FAR beyond "Basketball Sociology" at Duke. And all their apologists (including, apparently, Ron Morris) can say is "it goes on everywhere". And THIS is what pi$$es me off. It DOESN'T go on everywhere--at least not to this degree. unc only wants to partially admit guilt. Because they are unc, they want a way out.

Nope. Nada. No way, Jose. Not this time.

After this, the 4th or 5th investigation into these same violations, unc has still denied, lied to, obfuscated and misled anyone and everyone attempting to shed light on the rotting corpse from investigators down to mere journalists.

There's at least one more coach who needs to be fired. There's millions of dollars in tv revenue that need to be returned. And there are AT LEAST a couple of banners in the deandome that need to come down. Immediately.

And it wouldn't hurt for a certain conference commissioner to step down either.

unc still has a medical/dental school and a teaching hospital, a law school, huge endowment paying some of the best teachers and researchers in the world, and is the largest funded public school in the 10th largest state, but this blight on unc's reputation is worse than the point-shaving scandal in the late-50's/early-60's that ultimately cost Frank McGuire his job. Former academicians at unc face criminal charges. Its my firm belief that sooner than later pressure will force the NCAA to revisit their investigation and issue sterner restrictions on unc's athletic dept.

They more than deserve it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The massive basketball machine that is UNCheat has too

Jun 22, 2014, 7:31 PM

much influence over the NCAA. The basketball tournament provides the bulk of the NCAA budget. Football bowl games are licensed by the NCAA, but not controlled by it. The money goes to the schools/conferences. The NCAA controls the basketball tournament and gets the cash.

Killing UNC would endanger the NCAA cash machine, so it won't happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Initially, I thought the damage to unc's reputation (long)

Jun 22, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Initially, I thought the damage to unc's reputation (long) ]

VERY WELL SAID. That post should be sent to the research triangle and shoved up John Swofford's a$$. F him and UNC too.

Message was edited by: tigers_no.1®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: Why does UNC still have accreditation and an athletic department?

Jun 22, 2014, 7:46 PM

It smells like somebody stepped in ####. Hence, tarheels. I make myself laugh.

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Re: Why does UNC still have accreditation and an athletic department?

Jun 22, 2014, 8:19 PM

GUTLESS NCAA!! end of story

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why does SEC have the same?

Jun 22, 2014, 8:46 PM

Bama, Auburn, SuC, MSU, UGA... I could probably name them all. It's all about $$$'s. Just don't get caught, we'll slap you on the wrist!

The good news ???

Jun 22, 2014, 9:16 PM

Now we can give unlimited desserts to recruits and wear girdles to practice anytime we want ...

and Swoffy can't say chit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,231
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic