Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do you NOT attend college football games AT Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Why do you NOT attend college football games AT Clemson?

Oct 30, 2018, 11:26 AM

Price of tix.

Distance to drive.

Traffic to & from game.

Cost of concessions.

Miss Coach Tommy Bowden.

Noise of crowd.

Rest Room lines too long.

Physically disabled.

Sun too hot.

Nobody to go with.

Car not in good enough mechanical condition.

Crowds too big.

Old age has crept in.

Been going for umpteen years & over it.

TV shows the game better, replays, convenience of home, lazy boy recliner, snacks & drinks nearby, etc.

Done that & bored.

Yada-yada-yada!

WHAT ADMIT YOU?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PS: For me it’s been a little of all of the above but I’m back (at 77) & will attend my 3rd game when Coots come to DV#1 for 5-peat beat-down..plus I will & have attended various ACCCG’s & Orange Bowls last 5 years..

after having 4 season tix for 25-30 years while married and traveling to home & away games for same amount of time plus attending 90% of all bowl games since 1958..by car, in rv’s, towing with camper trailer, on tour bus or by airplane.

Guess I could add I’ve been a bit worn out, no real buddy or partner interested..but now revitalized due to taking Geritol & success of Team.

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do you NOT attend college football games AT Clemson?

Oct 30, 2018, 11:28 AM

YOu're holding back bill. We know its the dippin dots. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 6:27 PM

They tell me I'm too old now to be granted access to The Hill.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 hours each way

Oct 30, 2018, 11:37 AM

Did go 4 hours each way to Tallahassee Saturday for my first live game since the Natty. Man was that fun!

Oct 30, 2018, 11:44 AM

Wife and I will generally go to one home game per year, but budget prevented it since ND 2015 so am looking forward to Duke game. Thanks to television we don’t miss much otherwise.

Go Tigers ??!!

You left out a biggie that has changed from

Oct 30, 2018, 11:50 AM

When I was a kid going to games.

Kids sports/acitivities (particularly club sports)

This also complicated by Gametime/TV announcements

Back in the day- all our sports were done by Friday night

enochlophobia.***

Oct 30, 2018, 11:55 AM

Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years

Oct 30, 2018, 12:01 PM

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Cancer and we knew I'd need treatment and/or surgery, so we sold our season tickets and parking pass for this year only... expecting I'd not be well enough to travel.

However, my surgery was in July, and I'm happy to say that thanks to great doctors at Palmetto Baptist, and to a gracious God, I am now Cancer Free!

We may make it back for the Carolina game this year, although we obviously won't be in our favorite seats! But rest assured, I plan on staying well and getting back on track by being at every game until I'm too old to travel starting next season....Maybe I can string together another 14 year run.

The best part about it is that I can now take my 7 year old son, who is as nuts about The Tigers as I am.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

we expect to see you and grandson at the 5-peat game, then!***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years

Oct 30, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years ]

Great for you and your family

Congrats and Praise God

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years***

Oct 31, 2018, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years ]

I hear ya brother and I send prayers. Currently experiencing near Kidney failure, but the excitement is bringing me back to life! Hope I run into any and all of you guys soon. Used to live in Central as a student and thinking about moving back to the area !!

GO TIGERS !

Oct 31, 2018, 6:30 AM

Prayers for a speedy recovery

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Prayers for you my friend.***

Oct 31, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Until this year, I haven't missed a game in 14 years ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

you got several right, bill.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:06 PM

you got psychic powers, buddy..go tiguhs!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Oct 30, 2018, 12:11 PM

Because I'm a caulk loving coot.

signed, GWPTiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:12 PM

We had tickets for years but once the kids came along we would only do one or two games a year. Now that the kids are grown, we have gone to just about every home game the last 3 years. Also we are doing one away game each year. Driving from Ganglang (Columbia) is a bit much for us old timers so we just make a weekend out of it. We usually stay in Easley but once in awhile gods country (Clemson). I hope we can continue to go for years to come. So much fun!

Oct 30, 2018, 12:17 PM

I am not allowed within 200 yards of children Bill, so it makes going any where tough. I never should have taken my pants off at that Chuckee Cheese.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 12:19 PM

Got a little age on me now and I just can't handle the long walk. Distance from parking to game was horrible last time I went. Fortunately with our big screen TV it's fun to watch from home. Love seeing that scrimmage and first down marker clearly marked too. (I am not too football savvy)

Oct 30, 2018, 12:20 PM

For me, and my wife it's;
Price of Tickets, plus IPTAY dues!
Traffic to and from the game(even noon kicks are an almost day-long situation).
Cost of concessions(but hey no worse than most movies).
Old age has crept in( we are both over 60).

Oct 30, 2018, 12:23 PM

In recent years for me it's been having a little one under 4 years old. I'm not saying that you can't take a young child to a game, but I would prefer to wait another couple years so that I know he won't get bored. He really enjoys watching them on TV for the time being.

My health and physical limitations make it...

Oct 30, 2018, 12:26 PM

so difficult I can't look back at a trip to DV with positive memories. Even the Spring games wear me out enough to make me regret going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 12:29 PM

I still go in spite of all of the above but if I were to stop going it would be due to the fact the playing field does not have orange grass. If Boise can have blue grass, why can't Clemson afford orange grass?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My G6 is in the shop***

Oct 30, 2018, 12:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Oct 30, 2018, 12:36 PM

I go to a few a year...it’s a long way from the coast. We stay the weekend when we go. I prefer to Hunt and fish watch my kids play sports and I can watch Clemson on TV.

I’m not driving 5 1/2 hours to see furman SC state ga southern ... Louisville this year lol oh and September games when it’s 95 degrees is gettin Old. Like me

Oct 30, 2018, 12:42 PM

I do not understand your question. There are only 7 Clemson home football games each season. Unless there is a significant family issue, I attend each and every home game each season. I have been doing so since 1987 and by the grace of God, I hope to attend 7 home football games at Clemson for many, many years to come.

Oct 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

Deer Season

Oct 30, 2018, 12:45 PM

I attend 1 game a year. I live 6 hours away so its tough. Would love to go to every game if I lived closer.

Oct 30, 2018, 1:27 PM

We live on Kauai. It’s about 14 hours of flying, lots of dollars or miles, but we still come for the first home game of the year and travel for post season games. When we were 6 hours drive we made every home game. Loved it. Hopefully when we retire we can spend the fall in Clemson!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 5:00 PM

now here are TIGER FANS

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 3:40 PM

My jet is in the shop and I refuse to pay for overpriced air travel.

Oct 30, 2018, 4:44 PM

I moved to Indiana this year... oh how I miss TigerTown

I try to get to at least one home game and the ACCCG

Oct 30, 2018, 4:52 PM

And if I am lucky, playoff game or 2!!

But it all gets very expensive and the drive too many weekends in a row wears me out.

13 hour drive each way. Will be there for

Oct 30, 2018, 5:05 PM

Duke game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 5:06 PM

Gave my two season tickets up after retiring in 2007 at 60. Got too expensive plus the 12pm games became a chore living 3 hours away, especially when I was still working. Wife had ceased going a few years before due to knee issues. Had season tickets from 1975 thru 2007 in UR row F. Parked many years in Lots 21 and 22 when they were area lots. Now they're reserved space. Bought tickets for the Ga Southern game in UR with a Lot 21 parking pass. Would've been the first game attended in about three years. However, didn't want to be driving back home on I85 in hurricane weather so had to take the loss. Would've tried to get LU tickets if it was scheduled for 3:30. Will see if the Duke game is a possibility in the unlikely event its at 3:30.

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I can only talk my wife into a game or two a year

Oct 30, 2018, 5:13 PM

She loves to go with me, but it's going to cost me. Nicer hotels, got to pay for better seats, better food etc. The following weekend she needs to go shopping. Whatever I spend on something that I want to do, I have to spend about twice as much on what she want to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2018, 7:34 PM

I'm not an alumnus and I wore a Jersey once. No bueono

Left out a huge segment of the Clemson population

Oct 30, 2018, 7:40 PM

Young alumni with kids.

It’s tough and they only last a quarter if that.

Kids ruin everything

Re: Left out a huge segment of the Clemson population

Oct 31, 2018, 1:21 AM

Noon games suck with a capital suck...

Re: Left out a huge segment of the Clemson population

Oct 31, 2018, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Left out a huge segment of the Clemson population ]

Yeah, this. As an alum with two sub-3 year olds...

2 hours drive + 1-2 hours to game time + a quarter... that sound about right. The I have a 2 hour drive back home. So TV makes more sense since he have a snack, chill out on the couch and be napping by halftime. Plus zero "wait" time to get from the couch to the potty. Not to mention the cost to "attend" a quarter is about 2 weeks of daycare. That is a tough sell for 4 hours of driving. When they are a bit older, we will go but right now, logistics are a nightmare.

That being said, Basketball is a lot better toddler event. They can run around the concourse, less traffic pre-post game, etc.

I do have my kids raised right as they yell "Go Tigers!" at my Dook neighbors.

Oct 31, 2018, 6:29 AM

Health

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

cuz i’m in L. A., but I watch all the games on the TV.

Oct 31, 2018, 8:31 AM

I make it back every now and then for a game.

Oct 31, 2018, 9:19 AM
133.jpg(82.8 K)

The drive for me. It's a bit much for just a weekend trip, but if it were up to me alone I would do it. I like to plan an 8 day trip each year so I can attend two games in successive weekends and enjoy the area. Unfortunately the schedule this year has only two games at home back to back - Duke and Scar. I also have to bring my dogs with me so I travel in my RV. We will be staying at the grove for the first time over Thanksgiving week. Can't wait. I went to the Memphis-UCF game on our off weekend and tailgated with our full Clemson gear. Ran into a few Clemson fans there.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic