Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do many of you believe UGA will be good?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Why do many of you believe UGA will be good?

Jul 13, 2018, 11:41 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is they lose their entire defense, both starting tackles, and two best running backs. They return no one of note. Their running game will be downgraded, they will probably have a weakness in their interior O Line, and they will be breaking in new players on defense. I just don't see them having a great year. Perhaps their coaching staff is better than I am giving them credit for, but I just don't see it, especially with their inexperience in their current positions. One pop and I believe their team folds in on itself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not how good they're going to be...

Jul 13, 2018, 11:48 PM

It's about how they are better than the teams on their schedule.
I say they go 10-2 or 11-1 then lose to Bama then get to rematch Oklahoma in the Sugar bowl....Oklahoma wins.... it seems to be the only bowl Oklahoma can win!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not how good they're going to be...

Jul 14, 2018, 12:34 AM

You’re right, look at their schedule. Should easily win the east and probably without a loss. I mean really auburn the only team they play with a pulse. LSU is down and mixed up. Shocked if they give them a game. But they’ll be so hyped up that if they beat auburn and lose to bama in sec game they could still get in the cfp.

As for me, I’m hoping that the rails come off and coots Tennessee etc beat them. We need to get Kirby run off. The more uga sucks, the better our recruiting chances are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby proved to be a pretty good HC

Jul 13, 2018, 11:53 PM

But Saban embarrassed him in tbe 2nd half of the natty. Flat out coached him.

UGAs pass defense was a joke, probably because they play in tbe SEC. More specifically the east.

Kirby is not on dabos level. Their defense was over rated because of non dynamic offensive opponents. Remeber what auburn did at Clemson?

They will get a ton of hype from the media but I believe we will see them take a step back next year. They are going to see just how difficult it is to play with a target on their back. Sustaining playoff level football takes incredible management. The only 2 consistent CFP teams have proven to be Bama and Clemaon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why do many of you believe UGA will be good?

Jul 14, 2018, 12:05 AM

Some other team will eventually come along. There is a long list. Bottom line , it will not be Sakarila! Bank it! They will suc forever.

You can say that again!***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:35 AM

Some other team will eventually come along. There is a long list. Bottom line , it will not be Sakarila! Bank it! They will suc forever.

Ha ha, good one!***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:36 AM

Is there an echo is here?***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:36 AM

Ok, not funny anymore***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:37 AM

Dood, stop!***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:38 AM

You better stop or else I'm telling the mods!***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:39 AM

I'm sirius, this is your last warning!***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:40 AM

^^^^^RA'd***

Jul 14, 2018, 12:40 AM

Jul 14, 2018, 7:24 AM

You might want to go back and delete a few of those.

UGA loses a lot on defense, and basically, Kirby won with Richt's players. We will see how well Kirby's recruits are in another year or so. Fromm is not the superstar quarterback TL is going to be, but he wins, and sometimes, they win ugly. They have had Chubb and Michel to run run run, and they have Swift back and a couple of good freshmen coming in. Will be an interesting year for the puppy dawgs. If they go into the $ec championship game with 2 losses or even 1 loss and lose to Bama (assuming Bama is there and not auburn or lswho), they will not make the playoffs with 3 losses or even 2. I think the CFB guys are not leaning towards two from the same conference again. As far as Oklahoma goes, I don't expect them to be there this year with the loss of mayfield.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Credit where credit is due, that’s a good post.

Jul 14, 2018, 8:01 AM

Dabo and co. Have figured out the big and little things that go into making a continuously elite program. Of course recruiting is key. But nutrition, strength and training. When to practice full pads etc, when to do walk through, when to Travel etc etc. plus the fact there is so much leadership in the upperclassmen. They are pushing that because the coaches can’t be around all the time. Will remain to see if Kirby has that. He had front row seats to an elite program so he had the chance to witness. Can he implement it and does he have the leadership to not be a flash in the pan?

Jul 14, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do many of you believe UGA will be good? ]

Yes, some of our 5th year seniors were recruited under Mark Richt but they were coached for two seasons under Kirby Smart. Maybe CKS deserves a little credit for his coaching abilities.....after all compared to Dabo......Kirby had his team in the natty in just his 2nd season.

What's your definition of a "superstar?" Someone will nice stats? So far we haven't seen TLaw take a single snap in a live game so who can predict how he'll respond. TLaw may be a better pure passer but does he possess Fromm's leadership and "moxie?" Not very many freshman can remain cool under pressure as Jake did....the kid is special. Does TLaw have those qualities? We simply don't know yet.

Understand that Pittman will field an elite offensive line and Dell McGee has a stable full of hosses!

Kirby has recruited better than anyone in the country these last three cycles building a roster full of 4-5-stars. On paper not even clemson can match our talent. Still have to play em doh......

The chances are good clemson may have to beat both UGA and Bama for the title. You won't.

So haven’t won a natty since the Reagan administration and

Jul 14, 2018, 9:06 AM

We’re going with moxie. Ok. You’re right we won’t beat you both because you won’t be in it.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Not to be pedantic

Jul 19, 2018, 8:03 PM

But UGA hasn't won since the Carter administration. The president doesn't get sworn in until the following year, and they last won a NC on New Year's Eve 1981 and Reagan was sworn in January 20th, 1981.

Jul 14, 2018, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Why do many of you believe UGA will be good? ]

Kirby had his team in the natty in his 2nd season? Would he have done that, say, in Vanderbilt or Missouri? No, not likely. He didn't have to "build" last year's team, it was basically built for him. Get into the playoffs 3 years in a row, then brag about KS. When you're talking about his "Coaching abilities", he has coached in two places that had "built in recruiting advantages". Like someone said, the $ec least will be bad again this year and when your toughest competition comes from the cluckers down in Columbia, then it's not a strong division. Fromm is NOT a superstar, but he is a winner. Sort of in the mold of Rodney Williams, not flashy, gets the job done. How hard was it to turn around and hand the ball off to Chubb and Michel 35-40 times a game. The two had 380 carries between them, Fromm threw the ball 291 times, 24 TDs 7 INTs. Like I said, not superstar but knows how to win. Can Swift and the freshmen carry the load? Against the weak $EC least, probably. I'm sure UGA will win their division again, they face almost zero resistance. Will be watching for sure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for the life of me, i cannot make out what you’re saying

Jul 14, 2018, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do many of you believe UGA will be good? ]

please poast again

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

For UGa, playing in the $EC Least is a sure six wins...

Jul 14, 2018, 8:32 AM

then they get Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee, UMass and Georgia Tech out of conference. That pretty much guarantees they'll have, at least, a ten win season.

The only real challenges on the schedule are games against Auburn and LSU out of the West.

Plus, Smart has proved to be a pretty good coach, and they've recruited very well over the last several years so they will have more talent than the vast majority of their opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 14, 2018, 8:55 AM

It really isn't complicated. 1. Take a look at their recruiting over the past 5 years. Their recruiting classes have been consistently ranked in the top 5 in the country. Let that sink in for a minute. Clemson has only cracked the top 5 once in that same period, if my memory serves me correctly. And our Tigers are able to "reload" rather than "rebuild." Don't you think Georgia can do the same? 2. Consider that they now have a very good head coach. He's not Dabo but he's a very good football coach. And he's coaching at his almamater. He's a winner and will do whatever he has to do to turn that program into a perennial winner. 3. Consider their schedule. They play in the SEC "least" and their non-conference schedule is a joke. All those things add up to a very successful football season. Are they as good as Alabama and Clemson? I don't think so. Can they beat virtually every other team in the country, including the vaunted South Carolina gamehens? I suspect so. That's why I'm predicting another great season for the Dawgs. Will they go undefeated? I doubt it. They aren't going to beat Bama and they aren't going to beat our Tigers so they aren't going to win the National Championship, and that's what they so desperately crave! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biggest question out there about Kirby Smart for me is how

Jul 14, 2018, 2:02 PM

well he responds to the kind of success he had last year so early in his coaching career. He seems to possess most of the tools needed to win in college, especially location.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple question for you. Do you think we will be good in

Jul 14, 2018, 9:03 AM

2019? I do.

The same logic applies with UGA.

Jul 14, 2018, 9:52 AM

Well they return their QB and have a dang good freshman QB. They did lose their 2 RBs but Swift is better than most and they have some talented freshman. They return most of their WRs. They are arguably the most talented team from a recruiting standpoint on defense. They did lose 7 starters and their leader on D but they will fill those spots with 4 and 5 star guys. If people think UGA was a one hit wonder last year they are mistaken. They have always been a 9-11 W team but I believe they are taking the next step and will join us, Bama, Oklahoma, and OSU as every year contenders.

They play in the SEC East. Shoe in for the

Jul 14, 2018, 9:57 AM

sEC champ game

Jul 14, 2018, 10:11 AM

They recruit well, are well coached, and have a good QB.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:27 AM

Carlsbad hit it on the head . The Dogs are for real .

It’s pretty obvious why.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:34 AM

They had a great year last year, and although they lose a lot of star power from last year’s team, they have a lot of talent ready to step in. Plus, they play in the SEC East and their path to the SEC Championship isn’t that difficult.

Who do you see being better than UGA this year, other than Clemson and Alabama? Oklahoma possibly? Who else? I can’t come up with any.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I think Ohio State is always at least in that mix

Jul 14, 2018, 12:17 PM

They won it 4 years ago and have been just a little bit below that level the last 3 years.

Re: It’s pretty obvious why.

Jul 14, 2018, 12:19 PM [ in reply to It’s pretty obvious why. ]

Maybe Ohio State?

Will be one of the most talented teams

Jul 14, 2018, 11:48 AM

In the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2018, 8:37 PM

GA is a top recruiting state. Lots of talented athletes and reloading.
Smart can coach. One bone-headed play from winning natl championship vs. mentor in Year 2.
Fromm can play. Confident vs. Bamas until IMHO UGA got too conservative.
Backup QB apparently has some game. UGA develops freshman QB's.
Confidence. They have it. And a weak division improving slowly.
Routinely strong at recruiting OL and RB. Now QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic