Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,730

Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?

Aug 14, 2020, 10:30 AM

It makes no sense that conferences and NCAA are cancelling after athletes had started training. Right now things across the country are the best they have been in two months. I always thought the “leaders” were taking a wait-and-see approach, hoping things would get better. Now that things actually are shaping up some, they pull the plug. Lots of wasted effort and money. I don’t understand!!

Is it just a basic fact that a majority of those leaders in the academic world cannot lead? Why are these same people still allowing dorm living and in-class instruction? Were they just scared to make a decision? Are they going to pull the plug on dorms and classes AFTER everything is started?

I understand shutting things down, but I will never understand how it is being done...

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect they were holding onto hope that the drug

Aug 14, 2020, 10:39 AM

companies would be able to fast track a vaccine to market. While I don't believe that will happen before the start of the season, I do believe it will happen before the end of it. (Assuming the Conferences that have said they will play actually do play.)

After all, Pootin already has a vaccine?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the vaccine doesn't come out until November 3rd......

Aug 14, 2020, 1:27 PM

regardless of who gets elected the national narrative and agenda will completely change to something else and the virus will vanish.

I'm actually on the complete opposite side

Aug 14, 2020, 12:09 PM

Why not wait longer? Why did the B1G rush into canceling their season?

Re: Why did everyone wait so long to cancel?

Aug 14, 2020, 1:44 PM

I would imagine it’s a tough spot to be in. You cancel too early and things clear up or look really good do you stick to your guns or backtrack and open it up again? You do that then coaches complain that kids didn’t work out cause they thought they weren’t playing and are out of shape. You wait too late and people aren’t happy. My family runs a racetrack in Georgia. If you cancel a race too early because weather people say it’s gonna rain and then it doesn’t, people complain cause you called it off too early. If you don’t and everybody shows up and then it rains then they complain and say you should have cancelled it earlier. Basically it boils down to a judgment call. Nobody can predict the future just like predicting the weather. In the end you just hope you made the right decision.

Aug 14, 2020, 1:59 PM

Road Atlanta?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 14, 2020, 2:57 PM

Naw, real racing. Lavonia speedway. Dirt racing.

Aug 14, 2020, 3:31 PM

McCormick where you can bring your cooler and the dirt spews up into the lower stands.

Aug 14, 2020, 4:20 PM

Yes, they will pull the plug after they get the checks. They had to get the money before canceling classes and dorm living completely.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,730
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic