Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who's the most talented FB at each position?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Who's the most talented FB at each position?

May 23, 2017, 8:01 AM

First, let's define "talented". It's not about who's currently the best or who came in with the most stars. It's about ability, athleticism and/or what the player is or can become if they put everything together. List includes incoming Freshman.

QB - Z. Cooper (Just a slight edge over H. Johnson because of his arm talent even though Hunter is probably a little better athlete)

RB - T. Feaster (no-brainer)

WR - D. Cain (Tee Higgins is coming though)

OL - M. Hyatt

DL - D. Lawrence (Just a slight edge over C. Wilkins even though Christian is more versatile. Big Dex has the potential to be a GOAT-level DT on the NFL level. Wilkins doesn't quite have his ceiling)

LB - Shaq Smith (Has all the measureables, but he just needs to put it all together mentally)

CB - AJ Terrell (I'd pick him just slightly over T. Mullen because he has a little more size and is more physical)

S - I. Simmons (He's the prototype as far as size and speed. T. Muse is a close 2nd)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's the most talented FB at each position?

May 23, 2017, 9:26 AM

Who told you Christian Wilkins has a ceiling?

May 23, 2017, 9:30 AM

Z Cooper and arm talent. Patrick Sapp may have had the strongest arm in Clemson history.

I'll go with the 5 Star - Top QB.

I'll also go with Lamar at LB.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 23, 2017, 12:43 PM

I agree with you about Tre Lamar. Shaq seems like a special talent but Tre might have the slight edge.

But I hope both of them turn out to be like Stephon Anthony during his senior season, he was unstoppable.

May 28, 2017, 7:24 AM

You could argue for Foster as LB as well. We will see what they all can do this year and next.

I'm with him on Cooper being the most talented QB.

May 24, 2017, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Who's the most talented FB at each position? ]

Johnson is a close second (his only drawbacks are arm strength and accuracy). Of course my opinion is solely based on HS and a single spring game. Things could change.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2017, 9:32 AM

I stopped reading after you said Hunter Johnson is a better athlete then KB.

Please don't ride KB's coat tail when the time comes. He knows everyone is doubting him.

link to where he said Hunter Johnson was a better athlete

May 23, 2017, 10:57 AM

than Bryant???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: link to where he said Hunter Johnson was a better athlete

May 23, 2017, 12:34 PM

Look above you Dufus. He didn't even mention KBs name in his post, he even said Johnsom maybe a better athlete then Cooper. That's means he thinks KB is the 3rd best athlete at QB.

Re: link to where he said Hunter Johnson was a better athlete

May 23, 2017, 12:35 PM

Which is absolutely outrageous for him to think that.

Uhh, no. He said that Hunter was maybe a little more

May 23, 2017, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: link to where he said Hunter Johnson was a better athlete ]

athletic than Cooper. Bryant wasn't in the conversation at all because he's not close to being our most talented QB.

Re: Uhh, no. He said that Hunter was maybe a little more

May 23, 2017, 12:46 PM

He's not our most talented but he's our starting QB. You don't make any sense right now...

Like I said, I can't wait till he proves all of you wrong.

So Cole Stoudt was more talented than DW4?

May 23, 2017, 4:47 PM

Is that why Watson replaced him in the 3rd game of the season?

No, perhaps if your reading comprehension skills weren't

May 24, 2017, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: link to where he said Hunter Johnson was a better athlete ]

sh!t, you'd understand that athleticism was only one part of his criteria.

But hey keep on keeping on idjit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: No, perhaps if your reading comprehension skills weren't

May 28, 2017, 7:16 AM

I don't need reading comprehension for this, it's not that serious.

They guy literally said Coop is the most athletic, with the most ability and upside with HJ right behind him, if not ahead of him... When you don't even mention the starting QB in a post like this I can't agree with anyone on that.

let's just look up who 247 had rated highest

May 23, 2017, 10:49 AM

QB - talent really doesn't matter. every guy can make the throws, I want the guy who is cerebral enough to run the offense and get the best out of every guy who steps into the huddle

RB - Adam Choice as a freshmen, 218 yards on 50 carries in 6 games. Tavien Feaster as a freshmen, 221 yards on 37 carries in 9 games. the coaches find this one to be way closer than everyone on tigernet. keep in mind that

WR - Tee Higgins hype needs to slow down. he won't be a top 5 receiver for us next year. has nothing to do with him, more to do with us

OL - Mitch Hyatt looks like he'll be an NFL blindside tackle. but don't sleep on Tremayne Anchrum having the exact same potential

DL - 3 guys with 1st round talent. all answers acceptable

LB - Tre Lamar is the prototype Mike. best guy at the heart of the D

CB - I'll give it to Trayvon because he's at least on a college campus. AJ Terrell and LeAnthony Williams are a tossup to me. AJ may end up playing safety at Clemson

S - similar to QB in the sense that we don't need to have the most talented out there. I want my safeties to go unnoticed. Jayron Kearse and TJ Green had all the talent in the world. we're not rushing back to that are we?

don't mean if this comes across as negative, but talented is a very subjective word. do we want talent at every position? yes, but is it worth trading off reliability? heck no

I want the 22 players that the coaches put on the field to have their best games every time they step out there. I want every other player on the team to work their tail off to have that chance

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who should be starting isn't the same discussion as whos

May 23, 2017, 12:42 PM

the most talented or has the highest ceiling.

Tee

May 23, 2017, 4:57 PM [ in reply to let's just look up who 247 had rated highest ]

I'll go on record to say that Tee will be 2nd on the team in TDs only behind D. Cain

just my gut feeling.

May 23, 2017, 12:53 PM

If we could ever learn to catch a punt our special teams would be dangerous. I can't remember not being nervous on punt returns. Since Sammy I think we have dropped my punts than any team in the country. Ray Ray could be the best return man in the country.

May 23, 2017, 12:58 PM

I meant more not my

May 23, 2017, 1:10 PM

QB - who is the best field general with an in depth knowledge of the system?
WR/slot - who is most likely to catch all the passes thrown his way with no offensive PI's?
RB - who is most likely to run for the first down, catch the wheel route and out pass and keep the QB from getting his head knocked off on a safety blitz?
TE - is there anyone that can catch like Leggett and block like Bennie Cunningham?
WR / back shoulder/one on one down field - Who is like Mike or a durable Sammy or speedy Martavis?

May 23, 2017, 4:54 PM

QB - Probably Kelly, but who really knows at this point.
RB - CJ Fuller. Probably not the home run threat, but he runs hard and moves the chains, but also has pretty solid hands, maybe the best of the RBs.
WR - Renfrow probably, but there's a lot of talent at that spot.
TE - Hopefully Milan Richard, but we'll see. I don't think we need another Leggett, per se. We need someone like Brandon Ford who moves the sticks and makes plays, but doesn't have to be a game changer.

May 23, 2017, 1:29 PM

I look at it this way when you say talent. Our qb has to make all the throws and yet be able to be elusive and run effectively . He must think pass first then run. That's Johnson but he's learning . Cooper can throw the ball but doesn't run great. Bryant is learning the concept pass first run second but has the most experience. At running back Feaster is the most talented but must learn to block for his qb. Dont forget Travis Etienne. Fuller may be the most complete back. Cain is the game breaker at wide receiver . Tight end is a question. Mitch is the best offensive tackle. The defense is full of great players.

May 23, 2017, 4:50 PM

I don't disagree with anyone on your list. Big Dex is tough to put over Christian Wilkins, but I think for someone his size, Dex has unreal size and agility.

Corner is tough too. I might say Trayvon, but I also haven't seen much of AJ Terrell.

You said not to use stars but then

May 23, 2017, 5:01 PM

did it anyway with Feaster, Shaq Smith, and AJ Terrell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ceiling is the sky

May 28, 2017, 11:38 AM

So I'm not worried

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only position I disagree is...

May 28, 2017, 12:05 PM

QB.....gotta say Johnson

IMHO

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic