Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Imagine a scenario where UGA and Florda join the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Imagine a scenario where UGA and Florda join the ACC

May 6, 2014, 3:19 PM

Both have natural rivals in the ACC.

I think both schools could buy in if offered enough money with a new ACC TV contract.

My gawd how beautiful would that be?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Great, so Clemson & Louisville will be stuck with a

May 6, 2014, 3:20 PM

permanent SEC rival not counting towards a conference game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

We would end the series with the c0cks.

May 6, 2014, 3:22 PM

Texas and A&M did it. And that is a much more respected rivalry.

I'd do it to strengthen the ACC and crush the SEC.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Imagine a scenario where UGA and Florda join the ACC

May 6, 2014, 3:29 PM

Do you just not have it anymore?
I put $2500 on you to win 19 majors 3 Masters ago. This guy and I bet all the time, hes my best friend what am I gonna do duck him? Can I count on 30-40 more
Majors played outta you or 10 years before i have to pay? Can U stop being so nice and start cussing again? Start doing other things again?
Start winning again?
Can you?

Concentrate.

May 6, 2014, 3:31 PM

I'm talking about pie in the sky scenarios here.

If he picks up another injury beyond the surgery he just

May 6, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Imagine a scenario where UGA and Florda join the ACC ]

had, I'm not sure if he'll do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

With this idea, I think he must have had a head injury...LOL***

May 6, 2014, 3:36 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year

May 6, 2014, 3:49 PM

Any word on Wyoming joining the ACC? I bet they're a lock.

All joking aside, I wonder where UCF goes, if anywhere. They have a huge student body, location, stadium, and resources.

Re: Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year

May 6, 2014, 3:52 PM

UCF is not a fit academically

while fantasizing, how 'bout Rammer Jammer Yeller Hammer...

May 6, 2014, 3:55 PM

eh ?

May 6, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year ]

> UCF is not a fit academically

How is Louisville a "fit academically"?

May 6, 2014, 9:16 PM

Louisville is not a fit academically. But they offer more than UCF. I don't think the ACC wants to make a habit of it either.

From what I've read, UNC isn't an academic fit

May 6, 2014, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year ]

either. I hate the Tarholes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2014, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year ]

UCF fits in the SEC academically and they would have a bigger presence in Florida for recruiting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year ]

Why the crud would Florida/UGA (or anyone else for that matter) leave the SEC? Do you know what their exit fee is? Zero dollars. Compared to the ACC's exit fee: $50M. There's a reason the SEC has no exit fee.

John 'Hurricane' Swoofford

May 6, 2014, 4:01 PM

will make them a deal they can't refooze.

If the Big10 offered Mizzu a spot

May 6, 2014, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we add Hawaii? Wouldn't mind going there every other year ]

they would be gone so fast it would make your head spin. Based on the TV market theory the only schools in the SEC that anyone would want is Texas A&M, Mizzu, UF, and UGA.

And if the Big10 goes to 16 teams don't think for one second that Texas A&M and Mizzu wouldn't leave the SEC for a bigger pay check. Neither has any natural rivals in the SEC and one of Mizzu's biggest rivals is The Fighting Illi. If they leave the SEC would lose about 40% of there population.

Re: If the Big10 offered Mizzu a spot

May 6, 2014, 10:37 PM

I believe you're right, Rhett. And if aTm and Missouri were to bolt, there would be Southern teams lining up to join the SEC....or would there be? Wonder how our fans/leaders would vote? Two years ago, I believe most would have wanted it.....now, I'm not so sure. Football playoffs and TV money have changed the game for sure. Interesting food for thought.

Swofford becomes czar of the United States....

May 6, 2014, 4:04 PM

and outlaws all other conferences besides the ACC? But in that scenario he kicks out Clemson and invites Georgia and Florida.

Well he is John "Bozo the Clown" Swofford and he is over the

May 6, 2014, 4:09 PM

ACC which is a "football paradise"

Why not?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy, she REALLY NAILED you with that golf club, didn't she??

May 6, 2014, 8:16 PM

I kid, I kid. I would like to see us play Florida occasionally.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

15-20 years ago, they might've considered it. Since then,

May 6, 2014, 10:03 PM

the ACC academic brand has been somewhat diluted while the SEC football brand (and more importantly $$) has taken off. But believe
me, every president of UGA and UF in the last half century would rather their school be associated with Duke, UNC, UVa, and Ga Tech rather than Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss and Tennessee.

It would have been a long shot, but there may have been an opportunity to take UGa and UF instead of say BC and Miami. But, that was before the SEC TV money went crazy. Picking off 2 of the three east coast SEC schools (that happen to be 2 of the 3 academically serious SEC schools) would've rendered the SEC as a backwater of decent football schools in the middle of nowhere (another Big 12 basically).

Re: Imagine a scenario where UGA and Florda join the ACC

May 6, 2014, 10:53 PM

More likely for Texas and California to secede to Mexico.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic