Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where is the stolen piece of the rock?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,035

Where is the stolen piece of the rock?

Jul 23, 2015, 2:07 AM

As I read about the trial it was kind of amazing that the defense brought up that the guy who broke into the rock display and vandalized the rock had a weak stomach. If that were the case, then how did he manage to hold down all the beer that made him drunk while he did his break-in? Also, has anyone heard anything mentioned about what he did with the piece of Howard's rock that he stole. Is he using it as a door stop or did he throw it into Lake Hartwell? Curious minds want to know!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is the stolen piece of the rock?

Jul 23, 2015, 2:16 AM

Not trying to be contentious but honestly, he hasn't been found guilty and beer always settles my nerves.

Actually, I think the guy on the stand is the hatchet man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's claiming he is not guilty. My guess is that

Jul 23, 2015, 4:25 AM

if he says he didn't do it he might also say he doesn't know where the piece of the rock is

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's claiming he is not guilty. My guess is that

Jul 23, 2015, 6:09 AM

If he is found guilty by a jury of his peers, clearly the severity of his punishment should be directly correlated to owning his crime AND returning the Rock . If he ditched it so that it cannot be recovered- and God rest his soul if he did that - or if he continues to deny he did it, then his punishment should be swift and harsh. If he mans up and shows remorse for what he has done then community service and a character adjustment moment is in order. I would love to have him appear before the assembled football team and explain EXACTLY why he damaged our icon and remover their collective touch DNA. It will be interesting to see how this episode plays out. If we can get the piece of the Rock back, maybe it could become the "Scarlet Letter" that a player or athlete would have to carry while serving their respective punishments. Coach Dabo is as good as it gets when it comes to discipline and I could see the returned Rock becoming a real example of character building.......making something positive out of such an emotional tragedy. FWIW

I don't think you can go to a jury trial

Jul 23, 2015, 6:18 AM

and then start to make deals if things don't go your way. There is always an appeal, because the lawyer can charge more money for it. The judge will not be more lenient if after found guilty you own up to it and that never happens anyway. That chance came and went. There is no doubt that they offered him a plea deal if he gave the piece of the rock back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can make a plea deal before it goes to the jury.

Jul 23, 2015, 6:30 AM

Both sides do it all the time. Depends on who feels like they won't win if it goes to the jury.

If he is found guilty, then he can certainly ask for leniency with the judge. He can act remorseful and he can show where the rock is to spare his life.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic