Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where did this come from?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,675

Where did this come from?

May 16, 2012, 9:06 AM

I think most Clemson fans have followed the travails of Mike Bellamy since he arrived at TigerTown. However, I don't ever recall seeing a story that he was a marginal student much less in academic trouble bordering on suspension or dismissal. Clemson football will of course survive without him. Bellamy has hurt himself the most and it will be difficult for him to bounce back. Rarely does a player overcome a situation like this. I hope he is the exception. But Clemson recruiting sells itself especially with parents about looking after these recruits especially in the classroom. For many recruits, this is their best and only chance at getting a degree. I am not saying Clemson did anything wrong here but I do believe a review of Bellamy's tenure focusing on academics should be reviewed by the appropriate people.

With that said, I wish Bellamy the best and hope he does get another chance that he does not waste both in the classroom and on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really??? C'mon Man ............ You can't blame Clemson

May 16, 2012, 9:09 AM

on Mike not going to class. You have to try to not pass almost if you have the resources a football player has.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't remember a player ever flunking out before Maymester

May 16, 2012, 9:09 AM

and summer school... ever. But I'm sure it has happened.

I, too, believe there was more to it than academics.

Re: Where did this come from? I'm sure this will get a look

May 16, 2012, 9:11 AM

because of the graduation rate tracking thing and the fact that CU genuinely seems to care for and try to provide an environment for athletes to succeed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't know the playbook much less a textbook.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

This one is the result of a prima dona kid with the world at his feet and then kicked it away.

you are absolutely right, dabo...

might fall to 2nd in apr with this bellamy debacle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bellamy's situiation resulted from two things.....

May 16, 2012, 9:13 AM

1 - Bellamy's immaturity, and

2 - Bellamy's poor work ethic

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Seems like smoking pot would make up for one of those.***

May 16, 2012, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it just was.

May 16, 2012, 9:15 AM

Didn't they announce yesterday that he flunked out? I mean how much closer scrutiny would you request? You wanna see his homework and classnotes?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you imagine how bad his grades were for him to have

May 16, 2012, 9:19 AM

not even been given the chance to pull them up by taking a Maymester course, 2 summer 1 courses, and 2 summer 2 courses?

All you have to have is 2.0 I believe. That's pretty impressive to have grades that low, honestly.

Re: Can you imagine how bad his grades were for him to have

May 16, 2012, 10:48 AM

There was a defensive lineman from my hometown that played for the Tigers back in the mid-90's. Tommy West called him into his office around this time of year and told him (1) he was redshirting the following year to get his grades in order and (2) he had to get Tommy's written permission to miss a class. If he didn't get his grades in order OR if he missed 1, count 'em 1, more class, his butt would be on the next bus back home. I would guess Dabo would have had a similar leeway with Bellamy. Whether Dabo chose not to utilize it or Bellamy chose not to redshirt in the coming year, I guess we will never know.

This isn't UNC. Clemson

May 16, 2012, 9:19 AM

doesn't offer a degree in African American studies.

Re: Where did this come from?

May 16, 2012, 9:59 AM

Too many mean spirited posts about the Bellamy situation, some with racist overtones!

This is wrong but unfortunately this is no longer the exception on TNet.

Re: Where did this come from?

May 16, 2012, 10:12 AM

Hell, he barely got in. He has always been on the edge academically.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,675
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic