Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel

Mar 23, 2016, 2:26 AM

is not NFL material. Tajh Boyd has more talent than johnny so called football. He was a flash in the pan with limited skills. I can think of several unemployed players with more talent and brains the manziel. Some of those are Clemson players who should be playing in the NFL before jm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel

Mar 23, 2016, 7:32 AM

When will the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that ownership doesn't translate into talent evaluation, coaching acumen or player development decisions ?
Guy has been responsible for Dallas' decline since the day he parted ways with Jimmy Johnson .
Worst owner in professional sports , in my opinion . Complete tool .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 23, 2016, 8:13 AM

I couldn't agree with you more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dan Snyder for redskins is worse***

Mar 23, 2016, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Snyder for redskins is worse***

Mar 23, 2016, 1:41 PM

6 of 1 , half dozen of the other .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jerry wanted to be what Al Davis was at his prime.

Mar 23, 2016, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Re: When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel ]

Jerry is the Al Davis that drafted that fast guy from Maryland in the first round because he was fast.*

*Yes, Jamarcus Russel was a bigger bust, but I think anybody would have taken him early in the draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jerry Jones killed "America's Team" ... honestly, there was

Mar 23, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel ]

there was a time when The Dallas Cowboys were by far the most popular pro sports franchise in the nation if not the world.

Sure, there were die-hard Redskin and/or Packer fans who just hated the Cowboys, but in the late 1960s, all through the1970s and well into the 1990s, The Cowboys were, if not the favorite NFL team to a large majority of Americans, they were at least the default choice after their "local" favorite.

That certainly is not true any longer.

Thanks to Jerry Jones ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cowboys are still the most popular NFL team...

Mar 23, 2016, 1:02 PM

followed by the Steelers and Packers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps, but it used to be by a much wider margin ...

Mar 23, 2016, 3:01 PM

... few would call The Cowboys "America's Team" these days.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2016, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: When will Cowboys owner Jerry Jones realize that Johnny Manziel ]

100% to all of this. Jerry Jones is the worst.

Mar 23, 2016, 7:57 AM

The Cowboys signing Manziel would be more about selling tickets than winning ballgames. Jerry Jones does things to make money. If it helps him win games, okay, but ultimately he just wants to put butts in the seats and keep ESPN talking about the Cowboys. Honestly, I am sick of ESPN crowning the Cowboys offseason favorites to win the Super Bowl every year it seems. Wait, I guess I could have just ended that sentence with I am sick of ESPN.

I think he proved last year that he has the talent to play

Mar 23, 2016, 8:11 AM

in the NFL, something Tajh has been unable to do with numerous opportunities. He hit 147 of 258 passes last year, 57% with 7 TDs and 5 interceptions. He also had 230 yards rushing on 37 attempts.

That being said, talent isn't the problem. The guy is a head case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. I heard somebody on the radio say he was

Mar 23, 2016, 10:47 AM

far more interested in being a rich 23 year old then an NFL quarterback. NFL quarterbacking is as much about talent as it is willingness to prepare.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks to Jerry Jones

Mar 23, 2016, 8:12 AM

I have been seriously considering how best to 'liquidate' over 40 years worth of Dallas Cowboy merchandise and memorabilia collected as a die(d) hard fan. I would estimate the total outlay of ca$h to procure would be in the range of $10-15K... ticket stubs, jackets, sweatshirts, hats, flags, pennants, whiskey glasses, coozies, etc., etc.

I can't believe I have clung to the hope THIS long, but no more!

RIP Dallas Cowboys

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jerry Jones = George Steinbrenner's pocket book with

Mar 23, 2016, 8:48 AM

Pee Wee Herman's player selection abilities

Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance

Mar 23, 2016, 10:47 AM

But hes not an NFL QB.

Re: Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance

Mar 23, 2016, 12:04 PM

Tajh was a great college qb but not nfl talent. He and shaw lit the state of sc up from a qb standpoint but neither seems to be an nfl qb.

Clemson found Watson who may end up being the best but for now tajh still holds the records. I still think he was better due to who he was throwing to rather than his talent Usc chewed him up multiple years. They can't seem to do that with Watson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaw is still on the Browns.

Mar 23, 2016, 12:58 PM

Was actually trending towards possibly being the backup, until he broke his thumb or something like that.

Mar 23, 2016, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance ]

That's what they said about Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers too, no?

The post-college career of Tajh is a sad one thus far but I refuse to believe he "cannot" play. 3 years in a row, he threw for about 100 yards less than Deshaun Watson just did to break the single season record. From 2011-2013, he threw for 3828, 3896, & 3851 yards, respectively. Even with Nuk & Sammy, that isn't easy to do. Tajh still holds the passing record at Clemson with 11,904 yards! Second place isn't even close. And if Deshaun definitely leaves after this season - he'd have to throw for 6334 yards this season to beat him! Deshaun would also have to throw 55 touchdowns this season to break Tajh's career record of 107!

I could go on and on about Tajh all day. It aggravates me when us Clemson fans don't show him the love and support he deserves. Dude is a legend. The entire stable of quarterbacks for the Jets, Bills, Browns, and Texans sucked in 2015. That's 12 quarterbacks that Tajh must be better than. I seriously don't get how no one has given him a look. There's no one in this year's draft even worth looking at.

Its not like he hasnt had chances to prove himself

Mar 23, 2016, 12:22 PM

He was a great player for us, hes just not an NFL QB.

you're an idiot for comparing TB to two HOFers....TB can't

Mar 23, 2016, 12:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance ]

make the throws necceassary to be a successful PRO QB

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2021, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance ]

Love Tajh, but if DW4 had Nuk, Sammy, Martavis, and Ellington at his disposal... good lord. He would have hung 70 on Bama. Just sayin.

Mar 23, 2016, 1:19 PM

This guy gets it. People wonder why ESPN etc love the sec. To win consistently you have to put it all together Clemson has done great but last year D line with Watson this coming year is what it takes. You have to get the elite players playing at thier best on both sides of the ball. Very tough and for LSU Fla and bama to win was a feat we may never see again. LSU and fla dropped quickly. Can you imagine fla st Clemson and Miami winning what 7 straight NC,?

Clemson is building quite a team and could very well end up being the next bama. Just have to get better play out of the rest of the acc for consistent national credibility. Look at Oregon ESPN etc dropped them quickly and they had a great run. Clemson is there just have to return this year too which looks pretty good! Nice to be in that position. Can't believe how far Dabo has taken the program.

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2016, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Love Tajh, will never forget his LSU performance ]

Tajh is absolutely a legend at Clemson. He was a great college qb. You do realize that there are many many great college qb's that throw for thousands of yards and lots of tds that don't even sniff NFL stardom? Because from your post, it doesn't seem like you knew that. Tajh was great in the Chad Morris system. Unfortunately that system doesn't work in the NFL. Before Chad came, we ran a pro style system. Tajh was horrible in that system his freshman year. I know he was only a freshman and many freshman look lost, but he really really looked lost. Luckily, Chad came and installed a system he flourished in.

The reports from the Pittsburgh camp last year was he couldn't even field a snap under center, he was constantly fumbling them. Also, he couldn't learn the playbook. He didn't even get to play in a preseason game before he was cut, which says a lot. At the jets camp, it was said he was wildly inaccurate. I wish he could run a NFL offense, and hopefully he will get some playing time in the CFL, but at this point it seems like a long shot.

Hopefully never. Viva la Jerry Jones!

Mar 23, 2016, 11:11 AM

When he dies I hope they "Weekend at Bernie's" him somehow and let him continue to screw that team up at every turn. Love it!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless you're a Steelers fan, The Cowboys still have more SB wins than your team***

Mar 23, 2016, 1:03 PM

Viva Los Steelers !!!***

Mar 23, 2016, 1:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh has had plenty of opportunities to prove he has the

Mar 23, 2016, 12:41 PM

talent to play in the NFL....sadly, he doesn't...simply lacks the accuracy to throw the ball consistently on the NFL level...period

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cowboys aren't going after Manziel, unless you can provide a link...

Mar 23, 2016, 12:57 PM

Also, if you have paid attention over the past several years Stephen Jones, his son has taken over personnel decisions and the Cowboys have ceased to sign players to contracts that create cap problems. His son prevented him from drafting Manziel

found what you were talking about, and the Cowboys aren't pursuing him***

Mar 23, 2016, 12:59 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic