Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When TL knocked the guy out of bounds after the interception
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

When TL knocked the guy out of bounds after the interception

Aug 30, 2019, 7:43 AM

did anyone else have flashbacks to this?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That’s back when we knew how to play defense!***

Aug 30, 2019, 7:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Would've preferred he just let him score.

Aug 30, 2019, 7:47 AM

Appreciate the hustle but that's a great way to ruin your shoulder for the season on a meaningless play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...but I like his attitude and aggressiveness.***

Aug 30, 2019, 7:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You agree? Have you ever watched football?

Aug 30, 2019, 8:10 AM

We were only up 21-0 at the time. I thought it was a great play by Trevor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

If he had broken his collar bone and missed the rest of the

Aug 30, 2019, 8:18 AM

season making a tackle in a game where the talent level was heavily in our favor you would still feel the same way?

He didn't break his collar bone and will not miss the

Aug 30, 2019, 8:26 AM

rest of the season. He took a perfect angle and made a clean hit. Had we been up 30+ points at the time then sure let him score. But a chance to cut the lead to 14 points...it was a smart move by Trevor, made even smarter when the defense got the stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I can vouch - bob was at the dippin dots stand until 2 mins

Aug 30, 2019, 8:43 AM

before half - took the field for halftime & then spent the 2nd half in the bathroom because of his lactose intolerance.

He has literally never seen a down of football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I loved his hustle and aggressiveness but -- after the fact --

Aug 30, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to He didn't break his collar bone and will not miss the ]

wondered if he made the best decision given the circumstances.

So you would have been 100% behind this if he had suffered a season ending injury -- which would have jeopardized our chances at going undefeated through the playoffs? If so, fine. But you can't have it both ways. You're either 100% behind his decision -- no matter the outcome -- or you're not.

And yes I realize this is hypothetical.

In that situation I am 100% behind his decision to make that

Aug 30, 2019, 8:59 AM

TD saving tackle. As a bonus, the defense got a stop followed shortly by the TD pass to Tee, which provided a 14-point swing thanks to that tackle.

OK as long as you're consistent. Same would go for Tom

Aug 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

Brady in the first game of the season as well? And don't bring his age into question, I was just thinking of a franchise-type player that the team's future is highly dependent on.

I realize it would be very difficult for TL to "tone down" his competitiveness for one play, but wonder what kind of discussion we would be having if he was getting ready for surgery on Monday because of one meaningless play. I don't care if GT had been ahead by 14 points at the time. We all knew they didn't have the horses to run with us for four quarters.

You can't compare college and the NFL

Aug 30, 2019, 9:59 AM

I would not say the same thing for Tom Brady in week 1. In the NFL you can go 10-6 and still make the playoffs. It isn't like Trevor took the runner head on, he took a smart angle and knocked the guy out of bounds. You have to trust him to make the right decision, just like you have to trust him to be smart when running the ball.

I would have preferred that he

Aug 30, 2019, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Would've preferred he just let him score. ]

did exactly what he did. I'm sure all the coaches agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would've preferred he just let him score.

Aug 30, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Would've preferred he just let him score. ]

Right. Let him score; because there's no way the defense is going to prevent the ensuing TD. Oh, wait....

Silly TL16. From now on, he' s going to think his leadership, sacrifice and effort actually matter.

Why can't he be more like DW4?

[Insert clip here of DW4 and Jordan Leggett stopping fumble return vs NCSt except phone cannot make links]

Re: When TL knocked the guy out of bounds after the interception

Aug 30, 2019, 8:00 AM

No. Lawrence delivered the hit on this one.

Aug 30, 2019, 8:13 AM

Not me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Not until now.***

Aug 30, 2019, 8:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 30, 2019, 8:16 AM

nobody dare point their finger at Lawrence like that

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, I was praying he didn't bust up his shoulder***

Aug 30, 2019, 8:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2019, 8:24 AM

We argue Tommy West relentlessly

Aug 30, 2019, 8:32 AM

Yes, that play instantly came to mind when I saw TL had the angle to reach him at the sideline. I would have been really bummed if he busted his shoulder but can’t ask a player to quit on a play, it’s shows his instinct and competitive nature.

No, but I was thinking of the scene from Friday Night Lights

Aug 30, 2019, 8:33 AM

where QB Jason Street had the same thing happen, tried to make a tackle, and broke his neck.

We could do the IFs all day long, but he didn't get hurt, he made a good clean hit to knock the guy out of bounds and saved a touchdown. If he knows how to hit clean and is behind the guy like he was, then it's as low risk of a tackle/hit as you can get. Great play.

Aug 30, 2019, 8:59 AM

no, I was thinking; #### that guy is fast.

If Ponder had been Trevors size with an angry head of

Aug 30, 2019, 9:04 AM

steam, Deandre might remember that play a little differently! :)

Aug 30, 2019, 9:11 AM

Yes. I thought of it before the hit the moment I saw Lawrence running after it. Thankfully Trevor isn’t dumb enough to lead with his throwing arm.

I don't get it.

Aug 30, 2019, 9:28 AM

TL plays on the offense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic