Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When Skalski went out the score was 28 - 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

When Skalski went out the score was 28 - 25

Jan 19, 2020, 10:01 PM

just saying

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When Skalski went out the score was 28 - 25

Jan 19, 2020, 10:08 PM

Sure was. What's your point?
When we got Wade kicked out weren't they winning?
Just saying..

I think Wade was probably just as important to their defense

Jan 20, 2020, 11:09 AM

As Skalski was to our 3 - 1 - 7.

true but he wasnt going to make

Jan 19, 2020, 10:22 PM

lawernce suddenly start being on target..

No, but we were still in the game despite TL being off

Jan 20, 2020, 11:11 AM

target.

Was he more off target late ??

Jan 19, 2020, 10:44 PM

I seem to recall LSU about to score when the targeting occurred unfortunately.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's legit

Jan 20, 2020, 11:12 AM

but with Skalski, maybe we hold them to a three there.

It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make

Jan 19, 2020, 10:55 PM

to sit here and think about the what ifs? Don’t act like an Ohio State fan and pretend it wasn’t a penalty. Don’t act like a Buckeye and play the victim. That’s what Ryan Day and the Buckeyes do. That’s not what Dabo and the Tigers do.

LSU was the better team. They had a great year but they can kiss their program goodbye if coach O can’t fill all the voids left by the coaches and players that have departed. He doesn’t seem to have a great foundation or loyalty within his program. We will most likely be back to play for another NC sooner rather than later. Coach O may never sniff another playoff.

I can take consolation in what Dabo has built and be proud of our program. LSU reminds me of Auburn 2010.

Re: It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make

Jan 19, 2020, 11:14 PM

I agree. Coach O must be wondering, "What the heck is going on? We win the Natty and all these guys jump ship!" This doesn't happen at Clemson because a strong, stable program has been built, not in 24 months, but over 11 years. Dabo has put together an incredible organization. So much so that even a tough loss in the Natty doesn't seem to phase anyone. I don't think this is because of arrogance. It's just that all of the people associated with the Clemson program realize that you win some and you lose some, though they seem to like winning a lot more. :) It does take a great deal of humility to move on without complaining, but I think that is what we see at Clemson. Not so in many other places.

I don't let ESPiN or fake fans who call themselves...

Jan 20, 2020, 6:59 AM [ in reply to It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make ]

'SEC fans,' bother me. We made the final game of the playoff more in the last five years than 90% of those fake fans will never enjoy. Sure they tout SEC this and SEC that but fact is they are comparing Clemson's playoff record to that of the entire SEC not just their favorite team.

Yes, LSU was a better team but no one can argue about Clemson being the better program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't let ESPiN or fake fans who call themselves...

Jan 20, 2020, 7:25 AM

When we are rebuilding we play for National Titles.

What tics my off, just a blatant one against Trevor wasn't

Jan 20, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make ]

called! After that, Trevor started missing on passes!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make

Jan 20, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make ]

We will most likely be back to play for another NC sooner rather than later. Coach O may never sniff another playoff.

I can take consolation in what Dabo has built and be proud of our program. LSU reminds me of Auburn 2010.

Yeah, with the ACC schedule as it is, you guys would be underperforming if you weren’t in the playoff every single year. ACC is a one team conference. You could switch out Utah State on LSU’s 2019 schedule with almost any ACC team and no one would even notice.

Difference between auburn 2010 and LSU is that LSU’s program has a history of excellence in the modern BCS/CFP era. Not just championships, LSU has been way more relevant. If LSU can make it to the BCSNCG twice with a moron like Les Miles, it’ll be just fine with O, especially with the playoff. 3 championships since 2003 with 3 different coaches. It’s a good place for winning, even if LSU has a much tougher road than Clemson.

"Much tougher road"

Jan 20, 2020, 9:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I believe you because LSU has been in the playoff with us each of the last five years.

Jan 20, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make ]

Re: I believe you because LSU has been in the playoff with us each of the last five years.

Jan 20, 2020, 4:59 PM

“LSU has(n’t) been in the playoff with us each of the last five years” apples/oranges - LSU has to play good teams each year, it’s a lot tougher to get to the playoffs that way. Also, who says I’m an LSU fan? I’m an America fan. I just hope you can get back to at least an even percentage of national championships won vs lost, I would hate for Clemson to develop a reputation as a program that loses championships because the regular season competition just isn’t testing enough.

Re: I believe you because LSU has been in the playoff with us each of the last five years.

Jan 20, 2020, 5:38 PM

Clemson is 6-3 in the CFP and 2-2 in NC games so it would help if you would get your facts straight at least.

Jan 20, 2020, 6:05 PM

Clemson is 6-3 in the CFP and 2-2 in NC games so it would help if you would get your facts straight at least.

Whew, you’re right! There’s still hope.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe you because LSU has been in the playoff with us each of the last five years. ]

By the same logic, it’s tough for Clemson to make it through the semis and into the NCG each year having to play one of those big, mean top-four teams, but somehow we keep doing it despite all-world opponents like The Columbus Tree Nuts, etc.

Somehow it seems the “testing” of the ACC doesn’t mean jack squat when you’re not just appearing in CFP games but routinely winning CFP games...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Jan 28, 2020, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe you because LSU has been in the playoff with us each of the last five years. ]

Again, when Clemson wins the National Championship, it's because the schedule is too easy. When Clemson loses, it's because the schedule too easy.

You would fit right in on FGF. Please go on over there. "America Fan"??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not arguing the targeting call - It was textbook.

Jan 20, 2020, 11:05 AM [ in reply to It was a penalty according to the rules so what difference does it make ]

I am trying to point out what an amazing game Skalski was having up to that point (go back and count the QB pressures and other tackles) and how much he meant to that 3 - 1 - 7 defense.

I have watched the game three or four times now - looking for what happened - for something that turned the game around.

A lot of us have highlighted TL's inaccuracy, but deep into the 3rd quarter this was still a 3 point game. So while I agree that TL missed some throws, we were still in the ballgame. It is hard to blame the loss on that.

After 28 - 25, they scored two TDs on us while we had two first downs. What do y'all think happened in the last 25 minutes that caused them to dominate us so ? Skalski being out seems one of the most glaring. What else do y'all see in the last 25 minutes - what changed ?

I'm not pisssin' and moanin' about the game. Our guys played hard and well for most of the game. They had a helluva season.

I am just curious about what happened to turn the tide against us. I would think that any true fan of football might be just as curious. I certainly hope that Dado and Elliott, and BV are.

Re: I am not arguing the targeting call - It was textbook.

Jan 20, 2020, 5:40 PM

LSU had the ball inside our 10 yard line at the time he went out of the game and were already up 28-25. Unless you feel we were going to create a turnover, or hold them to a FG for the first time all night long at that point then they were about to be up 35-25 even before he went out. It's just insane to say we were doing just fine before he went out of the game. Him going out had nothing to do with our offense not putting up a single point for the rest of the game.

Jan 20, 2020, 6:32 AM

When the clock showed 00:00 the score was 42-25.Skalski didn't play offense.
Put it to rest. Just saying.

Jan 20, 2020, 6:35 AM

Wouldnt have made much of a difference.

Jan 20, 2020, 9:56 AM

These trolls and lurkers really come across as stupid people that simply repeat the same BS they hear without thinking about it first.

Give Clemson Ohio State's schedule and they win out. Give us LSU's schedule and we win out. Even Finebaum said Clemson would have gone undefeated in any conference this year including the SEC.

I tip my cap to LSU as they had the better team this year. They will at beast be 9-3 next year maybe 8-4. Bama may again be the class of the SEC with a ton of issues. The coots will suck no matter what.

Jan 28, 2020, 5:44 AM

Don't think 2019 Clemson goes undefeated with LSU's schedule.
CU struggled with UNC after not playing anyone for most of the season. Playing extremely physical games week after week (FLA, Auburn, MS State, Bama; actually Texas A&M was a cupcake this year after being more physical in 2018) wear on a team and often cause injuries that put victory at risk.
This year those injuries actually helped LSU as we played many combinations of starters in multiple positions who were able to contribute later in the year when we played OSU and CU.
Don't sleep on LSU in 2020. Lost a lot of players but have 4 OL who started at some point, plus a DUDE who was medically redshirted before the season. DBU is still DBU. WRs return the award winner Chase and major speed was sitting on the bench. DL is as strong as ever. Need to grow some great LBers. And at QB - 4th yr JR who competed for starting job as a true FR. He graduates in May so will have plenty of time to study film in the fall. BTW, Myles Brennan is the all time passing leader in state of MS, breaking Brett Favre's 20 yr old records. He spins it better than Burrow. Can he get us in the right play? We will see.
Don't be surprised if we go 12-0 or 11-1 with a win over Bama. Really tough schedule but we will still be good, especially with Pelini at DC. We might see you back in the CFP!

Jan 28, 2020, 6:44 AM

“we played many combinations of starters in multiple positions who were able to contribute later in the year”

Your observation is true, but Swinney is the. master. of. this. Clemson purposely plays more players than anyone in the country. You may argue LSU’s depth was born of injury and desperation - ours has been, for years now, born of intention and has paid off in spades both in the W-L column and on the recruiting trail.

I’d love to see LSU become a perennial contender, but like Dabo says, “winning is hard.” It will require maaajor program continuity and intentionality to sustain it. It’s rare.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

They were driving on us at the time and were about to score

Jan 20, 2020, 11:31 AM

... and go up by 10.

We had a 17-7 lead ourselves earlier and could not build on it, nor hold on to it.

We gave them our best shot and they weren’t fazed.

LSU was just a better team.

Especially on this particular night.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 12:46 PM

Everyone keeps saying “it wouldn’t of made a difference” to each thing but there are like a dozen things and combine they sure would of made a difference. The OOB twice not even reviewed, the phantom offensive PI on higgins that negated his TD, on and on. The push off on terrell and the obvious holdings on our wrs not called.

Terrible.

Jan 20, 2020, 5:11 PM

1. What is OOB ?

2. The OPI on Higgins was pretty clear

3. The push off on Terrell was there, but it was pretty smooth and often not called.

Jan 23, 2020, 4:12 PM

LSU scored 4 TDs in 5 possessions with Skalski in the game.

BV confused LSU at start of game and 2nd half. When LSU figured out what was going on and where the weak spots were, LSU scored. Coulda easily scored 2 more TDs, dropped one TD pass and sat on the ball near goal at end of game.

You went back 3 days to find this and comment?

Jan 23, 2020, 4:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: You went back 3 days to find this and comment?

Jan 23, 2020, 4:32 PM

Hey tiger dave:

If you got nothing intelligent or relevant to say, make an arsewhole comment.

Hey bj

Jan 23, 2020, 4:37 PM

says the reject that goes to a competitors board 10 days after the game to dig up old posts and comment on them. That game is gone, we are over it and to be honest, nobody here gives a rat's #### what you think!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

next drive we get the PI call and are sitting on the 45 yd

Jan 28, 2020, 8:24 AM

line 1st and 10 and go 3 and out. That was the nail. We had to get at least 3 on that drive to keep from handing over all the momentum.

Jan 28, 2020, 8:42 AM

Stop this now! Offensively we played poorly and coaches made no / the wrong half time adjustments on offense. We got caught up in the short game and it gave us no shot in a 4 quarter game / long game. Move on but don't let go use as learning experience and get better is what we have to do now.

Jan 28, 2020, 11:06 AM

He wasn't the reason we lost

Bad call imo but it happens

He was having a GREAT game

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic