Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why is it that people, in any realm of life, can't graciously give credit to whom it's due!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Why is it that people, in any realm of life, can't graciously give credit to whom it's due!

Jun 29, 2019, 3:24 PM

Saying, several years ago Clemson whopped Coots & their QB stated Clemson wasn't much better, if better at all.

Forward to this past January's blow out of Alabama's best overall fb team ever (even though I've seen better from them at certain positions on O & D) and we hear players say they were tired, or beat up from better conference teams, or our QB was lucky since he threw 50-50 balls, etc.

Now, the NDame AD comes out stating that he saw an Irish team that matched up with Clemson recently in a lot of areas..unlike the time they played Bama.

And of course you have Flaming Crimson Finebomb doing his degrading Clemson spill by the week until you'd think Clemson lost, or cheated, or was privy to a schedule where they partied with all their weak ACC competition while actually practicing for Bama every day.

Bottom line..please give any one, any team, any fan or even a love one sincere credit & kudos for their accomplishments in life, and move on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it that people, in any realm of life, can't graciously give credit to whom it's due!

Jun 29, 2019, 3:29 PM

No one needs to GIVE Clemson credit for anything. Clemson slapped Notre Dame and Alabama and took the National Championship. Just sit down and shut up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is it that people, in any realm of life, can't graciously give credit to whom it's due!

Jun 29, 2019, 3:32 PM

Many are consumed by hate ! Sad!

Social Media has turned everyone who uses it into

Jun 29, 2019, 3:37 PM

Angry, rude, self absorbed people. Grace and manners don’t exist on social media and it’s why Tigernet is my only social media account.

Exactly...there's an inverse relationship

Jun 29, 2019, 3:41 PM

Between the expansion of social media platforms and the erosion of civility. That's too bad...as this time around, it's not simply the opening of Pandora's box...the lid was destroyed in the process.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Exactly...there's an inverse relationship

Jun 29, 2019, 4:00 PM

Thread of the day guys. I don’t do any social media other than t-net either though it has its moments as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 4:57 PM

Nm

Jun 30, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Exactly...there's an inverse relationship ]

The process seems to me that a vocal minority, that would not have been heard in the past, makes statements that cause the majority to defend itself and then the situation escalates. Since the majority's reactions are often duplicates, it appears like it is less of a one-sided argument than it really is. I just wish there was an easy way to change the dynamic.

It’s the day in age in which we live. Thin skinned people can’t

Jun 29, 2019, 3:40 PM

give others credit when they are defeated. Afterwards those same thin skinned people call us thin skinned because we call them out on their nonsense. It’s a sad state of affairs. It speaks more of their character because what they choose to believe flies in the face of the truth. It’s unsportsmanlike for coaches, players, professionals in the media and ADs not to give credit where credit is due. We expect it from delusional fans but not people who should act in a professional manner.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s the day in age in which we live. Thin skinned people can’t

Jun 29, 2019, 4:13 PM

Those same people we expect to be professional pander to the idiots because they are their best customers. It’s cyclical sadly...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Flies in the face of Truth"

Jun 30, 2019, 5:10 PM [ in reply to It’s the day in age in which we live. Thin skinned people can’t ]

Truth should get some bug spray...... or a fly swatter.

The same problem that has bothered the human

Jun 29, 2019, 4:20 PM

race since time began .... pride. No one wants to admit fallibility. It takes one who has experienced grace to show grace.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: The same problem that have bothered the human

Jun 29, 2019, 4:23 PM

Well said. Thanks.

Jun 29, 2019, 4:25 PM

I believe it starts at the top as related to sports. Has Saban came out and acknowledged that on that night Alabama got beat by a better team. That his team played hard and they will fix what went wrong and be ready in August then the players and media would have trended in a different direction. That Saban and then players started out making excuses just started the flaming to follow

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Makes me think of Syracuse

Jun 30, 2019, 11:26 AM

Rather than making excuses, Dabo went to their locker room and congratulated them. To me I took it that he was saying, don't let anybody take anything away from you, you just outplayed us. There is so many occasions that Dabo makes me appreciate him as a coach.

We don't need that "Rat Poison" anyway...

Jun 29, 2019, 4:29 PM

this is just more fuel for the fire in the belly of our players and staff.

We don't need the praise and respect from the outsiders. Just more bulletin board material.

Go Tigers!

Re: We don't need that "Rat Poison" anyway...

Jun 30, 2019, 11:10 AM

I listen to to sports talk radio all day long on satellite radio. One of my favorites is “The First Team” with Taylor Zarzour and Greg McElroy. Those two wear their fandom for the SEC on their sleeve. They try their best to be professional and unbiased, but clearly they cannot will themselves to actually be unbiased. Zarzour is employed by the SEC Network as a PBP television guy and McElroy, if you weren’t aware is an old Alabama QB. Like I said, they try to be professional but their biases just bleeds right through. They’re sure they’re calling it right down the middle, yet they’re consistently so far off in the SEC gutter they don’t even notice.

Now you’d think McElroy would be a great technical mind concerning football and able to expound upon things from a technical standpoint, enlightening the listening audience the way Kirk Herbstreit does. He really is a great technical mind when it comes to the game and if he’d simply put his bias for the SEC in his back pocket, he could be as good a broadcaster as Herbie. But it amazed me the way he overlooked the obvious factual data in favor of the brainwashing that just feels right to him.

All I heard from him (and TZ) all season long last year was praise for Tua. And I saw Tua with a live arm too. I saw Bama’s Receivers, they seemed to be great. But I was at the mile of truckstops in Amarillo last year when Bama played LSU. Myself and a Georgia fan walked up to the Buffalo Wild Wings in order to watch that game. We both wanted to see the same thing. How would Tua respond when Bama’s run game could not be established, his receivers were covered tight and a pass rush pushed him out of his comfort zone ?

Tua looked like Tua for the first two possessions. But LSU sat in a soft zone, Bama’s receivers ran to the holes in that soft zone and Tua threw to them unhindered. Then LSU went to a tight press man coverage scheme with one safety over the top. The inside run game was never really there and a four man front (with an occasional blitz) was causing Tua to roll out and having to try to hit a receiver who wasn’t wide open anymore. He left that game early in the 3rd quarter and Jalen Hurtz had to save the day.

Really, the saving grace was that Ed Orgeron had no offense. They’d shut Bama’s offense down, but then punt the ball right back again. LSU lost field position and time of possession all day. Eventually that defense was gassed.

Now I’m no football coach. I never played QB in the SEC. ........But I had sense enough to actually watch the game. I’d seen Tua make throws - I wanted to see if he could make decisions. That day he clearly was just a gifted athlete, not a QB. I had already seen Trevor Lawrence make fantastic decisions under pressure. Hell, we’d already seen Chase Brice making decisions and great throws under pressure. Both of those guys had already been tested more than Tua. ........But hey, the national media had decided Tua was the second coming of Willie Joe Namath and already awarded him the Heisman......

I absolutely knew after watching that LSU game that Bama was going to be in trouble if they ran into a great defense and an offense with a pulse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When every lib in America refuses to admit

Jun 29, 2019, 4:47 PM

The fact that trump won the election.
Just like bama and sec fans, they have to come up with conspiracy theories, lies, and delusion.

Thanks libs, you destroyed America and college sports

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're at the wrong pulpit, bubba. Where did that come from?***

Jun 29, 2019, 5:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're at the wrong pulpit, bubba. Where did that come from?***

Jun 30, 2019, 8:26 AM

SOLOS .... got to be a lib ... lol !! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Thanks for the TD SOLOS ..... There are just way too many ..

Jun 30, 2019, 3:26 PM

.... libs on this bored !! -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

And .... I gave you a TU .....

Jun 30, 2019, 3:28 PM

.... BTW ... -:)

Re: When every lib in America refuses to admit

Jun 30, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to When every lib in America refuses to admit ]

Right On, xtiger! Another perfect example of the OP......I was thinking the same, you beat me to it.....

We Beat Them Domers Like a Bad Altar Boy

Jun 29, 2019, 5:00 PM

And Whooped Bama Like A Trailer Park Dog. Neither of Those Teams or Fanbases Have Any Ground to Run Their Suck Holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Beat Them Domers Like a Bad Altar Boy

Jun 29, 2019, 8:09 PM

I don't know why we care or spend so much time talking about this. Makes our fanbase look like a bunch of pu$$ies

Jun 29, 2019, 8:46 PM

Well said and thumbs up Bill!!

Too much money in the game now for real sportsmanship

Jun 29, 2019, 10:15 PM

by most.

Vanity, Bill..........It's all about vanity.***

Jun 30, 2019, 5:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 8:29 AM

When you absolutely, positively without any doubt KNOW you are the BEST .... it is soooo hard ... impossible actually - to admit you were wrong !!

I kow what you mean. Every time I fish with Furious and I

Jun 30, 2019, 8:32 AM

catch a nice one, I will hold it up and go," 7 pounder ", and Furious,many times without even looking says,"Six"....

Why is it that ~many Clemson fans are so sensitive to PF, an AD...

Jun 30, 2019, 9:12 AM

who's job it is not to make Clemson fans OK, but Irish fans or the same from an Alabama Coach & team being asked how they'll make this year's version better based on mistakes-reasons made in a prior game/year? Because yes, they made mistakes and have played so much better. There are reasons things got sideways, things THEY can do better and it's not a slap to Clemson or any opponent to address those. Are there unreasonable things said by commentators, fans or those with nefarious purposes, to stir things up? Absolutely, but gosh bless your little cotton socks you and so many others are there to pluck that manna from the water like PF's little lap dogs. It's hilarious, really.

Clemson's own coach does the same, it's not about FSU or the rest of the college football world, it's about HIS team.

Only Clemson can beat Clemson! After losing to FSU by 37 at home[a record], Dabo says...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-fsu-dabo-swinney-clemson-win-5-of-10-20140917-post.html

Dabo Swinney still believes last year's Clemson team could beat FSU 5 times out of 10

Brendan Sonnone
By Brendan Sonnone
| Orlando Sentinel |
Sep 17, 2014 | 8:12 AM

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has accepted that he will never live down comments he made following last year's blowout loss to FSU.

He also stands by his statement.

Shortly after No. 5 FSU thwarted No. 3 Clemson 51-14 in 2013, Swinney said he believed the Tigers would win five games if the two teams played each other 10 times that year.

"Lord have mercy, I caught enough grief on that. I can't give you an honest answer without getting my butt ripped by people," Swinney said, according to The Charleston Post Courier. "I gave an answer that I really truly believed about that team, last year's team. I still believe that. It was absolutely nothing negative."

A year later, Swinney is not budging.

"I really thought we had a heck of a football team, a really good team," Swinney said. "We finished seventh in the country. That's the reality. There ain't a lot of difference between one and 15, to be honest with you. It's a play here or there."

FSU forced four turnovers against the Tigers, including one on the first play from scrimmage that led to a FSU touchdown, plus a 37-yard touchdown recovery by DE Mario Edwards Jr. later in the first quarter.

"That's just what happened at the beginning of the game," FSU tight end Nick O'Leary said. "They fumbled and we went in for a big play right there and then momentum changed right away. We had it for the rest of the game."

Swinney spoke with FSU coach Jimbo Fisher in the offseason and said Fisher had no issue with his comments.

Fisher was asked earlier this week if there was much FSU could take away from last year's game film given the lopsided result.

"Well, I think it's useful in the schemes in which you use and judging player's talent," Fisher said. "How the plays went, or if it was a fumble, whatever it may be. But we still judge how they played your schemes, and also the talent level of their guys. You actually played against that exact guy that was in front of you.

Then you look at his film this year. How has he improved? What's he doing different? Does he do the same things? From that standpoint, it's very critical."

Fisher added: "There were some critical mistakes by them that allowed, plus us being on our A-game or our A-plus game, that allowed those things to take off. There were other games where I thought we played extremely well, but the other team played well too. So just because you don't see the lopsided score, doesn't mean you don't play well."

_____

PF will be asking you lap puppies to fetch his paper, slippers & pipe soon, best be on the ready.

Wow !! Very insightful post - dsp ... very .....

Jun 30, 2019, 2:13 PM

.... insightful !! And ... btw ... thanks for blessing my little cotton socks !!! Very much appreciated ..... -:D

Jun 30, 2019, 11:16 AM

Why does anyone care what they think? We won the national title. Its over.

Jun 30, 2019, 2:36 PM

I agree a 100% but, that is just to hard to accomplish for losers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jealousy. It takes a man to admit he just

Jun 30, 2019, 5:26 PM

Got beat. Too many androgynous coots obviously

Amen!

Jul 1, 2019, 12:03 AM

I think we all (or most of us) feel the same, LBB.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 1, 2019, 8:45 AM

Simple answer......We now like in a country where fake news has become the norm......whether it involves sports, politics, tidley winks, etc.......it is much easier to just lie about everything because you will not be held accountable for your actions and there is no one who will question you about it as long as it agrees with their agenda ........really sad our country has come to accept all the crap that is out there today.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Only person who matters when it comes to giving credit

Jul 1, 2019, 9:17 AM

is the guy that hands the national champions their trophy. And he gave Clemson plenty of credit. ND's AD and Paul Fineb*tch can take their fancy, foolish words back to their empty trophy cases.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic