Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When does Morris tell a recruit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,602

When does Morris tell a recruit

Jan 16, 2013, 10:27 PM

that he is interviewing for every HC job that comes open?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When does Morris tell a recruit

Jan 16, 2013, 10:28 PM

so you tell us which ones of these many openings did chad interview with. cant wait to hear this answer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***crickets***.......

Jan 16, 2013, 11:20 PM

...still waiting...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When does Morris tell a recruit

Jan 17, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: When does Morris tell a recruit ]

allbarn, nc state and texas tech

Waiting ...waiting...hello?***

Jan 16, 2013, 11:25 PM

Morris is leaving.

Jan 16, 2013, 11:30 PM

He will be at Clemson for 1 more year. With Boyd returning the numbers will impressive and the Chad will be gone. So unless you are blind deaf and dumb, you can figure this out. And if you are a QB who wants to play for the Chad, how do handle that reality?

Re: Morris is leaving.

Jan 17, 2013, 9:47 AM

I have a couple responses. First, Chad's not gone until he's gone. He's got job security making $1.3M per year plus incentives. He's got kids in school who like where they are. To my knowledge, he was serious about the Texas Tech job and would have taken it had it been offered. NC State is a maybe he's gone, maybe he's not. The salary bump would have been nice, but for less than $500k a year, would he give up some job security and move his family, I don't know. He wasn't involved with Auburn, nor did he actively interview for any other vacancies.

I'm not saying that he's staying regardless, but it will take the right situation. Personally, I think he would have been a great hire at Arkansas or Texas Tech. I also think that if another BCS job comes up in that part of the country, meaning Texas or Oklahoma, then he will be interested. Those jobs don't grow on trees, so if/when he leaves is an open question.

Second, given Clemson's success in this offense, don't you think that we're going to stick with it regardless of who the coordinator is? Morris is a good coordinator, but he's not the only game in town. If/when Chad Morris moves on to a HC position, Clemson will continue along the same path we're on today. BTW, Dabo Swinney knew what he wanted to do offensively and he found the best guy to run that offense. I'm betting that he will do that again.

Re: Morris is leaving.

Jan 17, 2013, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Morris is leaving. ]

Well I maybe dumb and I may mispell from time to time. I may be naive in thinking it is actually a good thing to have a coach other schools want however I do proof read my own post to see if I have left out words or not. Please read your post and then never call anyone else dumb

Re: Waiting ...waiting...hello?***

Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 PM

Texas tech and Nc state come to mind

This is a Clemson offense, not a Chad Morris offense

Jan 16, 2013, 11:51 PM

At least, that's what the Dabo is saying. I'd be curious how the offense would function without him but I don't want to find out anytime soon.

Re: Waiting ...waiting...hello?***

Jan 17, 2013, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Waiting ...waiting...hello?*** ]

That's two! you said every job opening out there so I'll wait on your list

Good Lord....

Jan 17, 2013, 4:42 AM

People!!

Give the original poster a BREAK!!

He asked a very legitimate question....and the crucifixion commences???

Chad is not going to be with us indefinitely. I hope I am wrong, but it is reality.

Just ask the folks up in Oregon...coaches come and go!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord....

Jan 17, 2013, 9:52 AM

Actually, I think you missed the point of the OP. The premise was that no recruit who is attracted to Clemson's offense should sign with the Tigers because Morris is after any head coaching job that he can get.

That's not true on multiple levels. First, Clemson's offense will continue along the same path it's currently on under new leadership if/when Morris moves on as a head coach. Second, Morris isn't interested in just any head coaching job. He's making $1.3M a year and has job security. He's also got a family who is happy in Clemson including a daughter in high school. He talked to the folks in Raleigh and was very interested in the Texas Tech job because it's home and in a BCS conference. The personnel also fits what he likes to do, but he's not going to jump on just any head coaching vacancy.

A legitimate question, I would suggest, that even coaches

Jan 17, 2013, 6:52 AM

like Steve Spurrier would have to answer. Therefore, I suspect that all recruits either have or are given some type of "education" about the possibility, even the probability, of coaching changes prior to and after signing. It's how the system has operated for quite a while, so I wouldn't expect recruits to be so naive about those possibilities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when he actually does***

Jan 17, 2013, 9:12 AM

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,602
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic