Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What was your last meal out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 387

What was your last meal out?

Apr 1, 2020, 11:57 AM

This was mine.....luckily, it was fanfreakintastic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mexicano near work

Apr 1, 2020, 12:00 PM

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.8446004,-82.3417888,3a,75y,77.9h,89.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1saEVti4VQl0Zm9J29Ji-Ngw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a Chicora Alley Mile High Nachos and a Shrimp Burrito

Apr 1, 2020, 12:00 PM

I have picked up a Frodos pizza one night since then, but otherwise we've cooked or eaten left overs for the last 17 days.

ROH

Noice. I went to high school with the owner.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:11 PM

If there had been a category in the yearbook for "most likely to own a dive bar in an upscale area", he would have won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We go as often as we can. Good food and relatively cheap

Apr 1, 2020, 1:14 PM

compared to the places around it downtown. Not sure I've ever met the owner, but the staff all seem to fit the vibe as well so maybe I wouldn't notice him in the group.

ROH

Miyo's Chicken Thai Basil.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:01 PM

#### I wish I could make that recipe at home.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you can!

Apr 1, 2020, 2:09 PM

this is what I do. Get all your #### together because wok goes fast and you can't slow it down

2 TBL peanut oil or similar
shallot (or regular onion) chopped small
lots of minced garlic, can't have too much garlic
lb of ground chicken
3 TBL fish sauce
3 TBL sweet soy sauce
TBL white sugar
green bell pepper chopped any size you want
lots of fresh thai basil, you can use italian basil if you want, the stuff shrinks down
dash of ground white pepper

1. Get wok screaming hot
2. put oil in wok and get hot too
3. throw shallot and garlic and heat until it just gets fragrant, don't take long
4. throw in chicken and chopped it up and cook until completely done
5. throw in fish sauce, sweet soy sauce, sugar, and bell pepper and stir and cook until liquid is mostly cooked up
6. throw in basil and stir until fragrant
7. stir in white pepper for a few seconds and you are done
8. serve over rice or in lettuce leaves
9. top with over easy fried egg, sambal, spicy chili crisp, soy sauce

delicious

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: What was your last meal out?

Shealy's BBQ.jpg(132.9 K)

Shealy's BBQ

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it was Swig & Swine.

Might hit them up tonight for half price wangs, too.

Thai Chile

White Hot (like spicy Bammer white sauce)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picked up tacos al pastor last evening. Last meal out......

Apr 1, 2020, 12:13 PM

was Chinese. I normally cook at home or grab to go even before all this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was your last meal out?

Apr 1, 2020, 12:14 PM

Burrito to go 2 weeks ago.

naw, talking about a sit down and eat meal out.***

Apr 1, 2020, 12:14 PM

Re: naw, talking about a sit down and eat meal out.***

Apr 1, 2020, 12:28 PM

I am ok without ever doing that again.

That’s like me going to a movie in a theater.***

Apr 1, 2020, 12:34 PM

Re: That’s like me going to a movie in a theater.***

Apr 1, 2020, 12:39 PM

Yeah I will likely never go to a movie theater again. I will still go to restaurants maybe, but just to go. Maybe sushi, BBQ, or Mexican might get a to go order every blue moon.

Honestly......

Apr 1, 2020, 12:18 PM

it was this place. and it was because the kids were being insane that evening and we knew they could draw on the tables and be chill. It worked. We actually had a great dinner out and it wasnt too bad of food. We have been there about 3 times in 6 years and its been good each time.

I really miss my watering hole in town. I run by it everyday and almost cry. Miss my happy hour buds, especially on Fridays.

We have been locked down since March 12th, so this feels like forever ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Galley back around the beginning of February

Apr 1, 2020, 12:21 PM

RIP in peace cedar plank salmon with asparagus, rice, and jezebelle sauce....you are and will be terribly missed.

They always had some #### good specials too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An enchirrito the size of my thigh at Henry’s Puffy Taco’s.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:32 PM

Had never had one before. Got it with spicy beef fajita. If I ever make it back gonna try the carne guisada one. That one’ll probably kill me. Probably worth it.

https://www.henryspuffytacos.com/menu/

Didn’t know you lived in San Antonio.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:36 PM

Is the basement in the Alamo as nice as everyone says?

And who was asking if people would start staying home more?

Apr 1, 2020, 12:40 PM

Just look at the answers in this thread.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fuji Japan restaurant on Saturday March 14.

Apr 1, 2020, 12:52 PM

Our 103rd quarterly Supper Club meeting. Food was good, Japanese whiskey was OK, saki was very good, the company was great. Three days after the company sent us home to work remote. Been cooking ever since. Actually cooking. Not throwing crap in the microwave. Pooping like a Canadian goose in an industrial park these days. That's good and I miss eating out, but I seem to be getting fat on fresh fruit and vegetables. And beer. FAR more beer drinking on a daily basis than on a normal non-apocalyptic schedule. Staring to see things in the yard. Strange things. Like dinosaurs wearing business suits and reading newspapers while waiting at the subway stop in the back yard. I didn't remember having a subway stop in the back yard, but maybe it's been a while since I was back there. I mean, the economy was booming before the pandemic, you know. They could have built it when I was wasn't paying attention. Maybe it's the isolation. Or, it could be the combination of using alcohol to wash down weird pharmaceuticals I found cleaning out the bathroom cabinets. Either way, it seems like the trains are not running on time, and the dinosaurs are probably going to be late for work. I guess the upside is that the busking possum playing Neil Young covers beside the entrance to the subway seems to be making very good money right now. I sat on the deck and listened to his 12 minute long rendition of Cortez the Killer on a 12 string ukulele clawhammer style. It was impressive.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jersey Mikes about 15 minutes ago.***

Apr 1, 2020, 1:21 PM

Wendy's, new one near Jedburg exit at the truckstop***

Apr 1, 2020, 1:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lieu's Chinese Bistro, a few weeks back

Apr 1, 2020, 2:09 PM

for take-out, Jersey Mikes 2 weekends ago

We have food trucks come to our neighborhood 2x a week.

Apr 1, 2020, 2:54 PM

Today was Redfin.

I have to say, it has saved my sanity.

Replies: 24
| visibility 387
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic